PDA

View Full Version : May 3 - The return Roadtrip...

RC45
05-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Simulated Action Section...
http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/3648roadtrip_mischief.jpg

The video that goes with this should be in the vault before next Tuesday... ;)

corvette97
05-03-2004, 10:23 PM
you crazy bitch, you know i can't stand Z06 teasers!!!, J/k :wink:

BADMIHAI
05-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Oh...I see you'll be working hard on the animation until next Tuesday. :wink:

RC45
05-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Oh...I see you'll be working hard on the animation until next Tuesday. :wink:

No - that's how long TT might take to put the finished product in the Vault.... ;) -- The animation is complete and uploaded... :D

gis
05-04-2004, 07:31 AM
u know thats the best teaser yet for one of your vids RC,lol

RC45
05-04-2004, 10:39 AM

And it's not just a teaser anymore.. ;) -- thanks to TT's timely addition of said simulation to the vault... :P

http://www.jabbasworld.net/dload.php?action=file&file_id=580 <--- just go get it already... ;)

KaBlookie
05-04-2004, 10:58 AM
just watched it & commented...great vid man, and I love the car 8) must have been a blast!

astonmartinandy
05-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for recording and sharing that one with us! Nice one.

Erez
05-04-2004, 07:35 PM
you da man :wink:

RC45
05-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Well since no-one else want's to show us how much fun they have on road trips.... I figured someone had to :twisted:

(unless - heaven forbid, no-one else ever has any fun.... :shock: :shock: )

Erez
05-04-2004, 07:53 PM
lol.. you just wait till i'll move to canada... ;) i'll make you some vid by then..
... and maybe we'll make a little NA JW gumball :D

RC45
05-04-2004, 07:57 PM
BTW, how do I approach my local GM dealer about the handling/feel of the car between 165 and 170... ;)

I mean - should I just say "hey there is a little hesitation at 6400rpm in 5th gear - please take a look at it"... :lol: - or maybe say "Hey - wanna get in while I take you for a ride so you can help me diagnose the problem I have with the brakes fading ever so slightly on the 3rd panic stop from 165?" :lol:

gis
05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
lol,maybe u should have a secret camera on u and film why u say those things to them.seeing there face would be priceless,lol

and videos of roadtrips and general driving........well i have a couple,but impressive to you guys with cars that are actually fast.....i doubt it :lol:

Erez
05-04-2004, 08:14 PM
lol! i'm with gis's idea!! that would be great!

graywolf624
05-04-2004, 08:35 PM
I mean - should I just say "hey there is a little hesitation at 6400rpm in 5th gear - please take a look at it"... - or maybe say "Hey - wanna get in while I take you for a ride so you can help me diagnose the problem I have with the brakes fading ever so slightly on the 3rd panic stop from 165?"

Just wait until those rotors start cracking... Not to say that Andi split a set of zo6 rotors in half while lapping road atlanta last year and I spent saturday nite finding connections to get him replacements....
They apparently crack real easily with race pads.

RC45
05-04-2004, 08:38 PM
I mean - should I just say "hey there is a little hesitation at 6400rpm in 5th gear - please take a look at it"... - or maybe say "Hey - wanna get in while I take you for a ride so you can help me diagnose the problem I have with the brakes fading ever so slightly on the 3rd panic stop from 165?"

Just wait until those rotors start cracking... Not to say that Andi split a set of zo6 rotors in half while lapping road atlanta last year and I spent saturday nite finding connections to get him replacements....
They apparently crack real easily with race pads.

Been there - done that... ;) Z06 rotors are dirt cheap at $50 a pop... the latest set are already showing stress fractures... time for a new set I guess... ;)

BADMIHAI
05-04-2004, 08:48 PM

And it's not just a teaser anymore.. ;) -- thanks to TT's timely addition of said simulation to the vault... :P

http://www.jabbasworld.net/dload.php?action=file&file_id=580 <--- just go get it already... ;)

I love it when you talk dirty! :wink:

Awesome video! Really, really good. You're a damn good animator. Do you use WOT 101 for those animations? 8) 8) 8) 8)

RC45
05-04-2004, 09:06 PM

I love it when you talk dirty! :wink:

Awesome video! Really, really good. You're a damn good animator. Do you use WOT 101 for those animations? 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yeah - I have a "custom" version of the WOT 101 Plug-In for Adobe Premiere 6.0... ;) I never got very good results with Double-Clutch Plus for Video for Windows.. :P

stradale
05-04-2004, 09:20 PM
BTW, how do I approach my local GM dealer about the handling/feel of the car between 165 and 170... ;)

I mean - should I just say "hey there is a little hesitation at 6400rpm in 5th gear - please take a look at it"... :lol: - or maybe say "Hey - wanna get in while I take you for a ride so you can help me diagnose the problem I have with the brakes fading ever so slightly on the 3rd panic stop from 165?" :lol:

LOL, but I really don't see why not. He'd be stupid to notify the police and besides, what the hell does he think a car like that is going to be used for?

Sucks about the brakes though. You really need to be able to rely on those things when travelling at those speeds.

I'll watch the video later as I need some sleep right now. I'm curious though...

BADMIHAI
05-04-2004, 09:47 PM
The video was very good indeed. The only bad part about it is the aperture and zoom you're using for filming. I know you use it so we can see the inside better, but maybe you should try showing us more of the outside world at those insane speeds. If I stretch my memory, some of your first in-car videos were showing more of the outside. Just a suggestion. I'm sure you could adust the settings on WOT 101 to allow for that. :D Other than that...I must say I loved the transitions from day to night and back to day.