PDA

View Full Version : Heaven Can Wait!!! Car and Driver Carrera GT TEST!!

CarreraGtRacer
04-30-2004, 06:09 PM
OMG!!

0-60 in 3.5 seconds
0-100 in 6.8 seconds

1/4 mile in 11.2 seconds @ 132mph!! The Same as the ENZO!!

http://www.supercarfreak.net/gallery/Car-and-Driver-Carrera-GT

TT
04-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Sunday I was in an Enzo ok I love it, but I'm quite sure I'd take the CGT over it :D and not just because of it's figures of course ;)

Anonymous
04-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Sunday I was in an Enzo ok I love it, but I'm quite sure I'd take the CGT over it :D and not just because of it's figures of course ;)

Cheers for the scans **edit** CarreraGtRacer

Jezza loved the CGT when he tested it for Top Gear mag, and he's right the engine does sound like an F1 car (well close anyway!) But i tink i'd settle for either anyway. I'm expecting it to be in the next top gear series and i can't wait!!

jorge
04-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Wow it´s faster than i tought! :o

CarreraGtRacer
04-30-2004, 06:22 PM

Cheers for the pics supercarfreak

Jezza loved the CGT when he tested it for Top Gear mag, and he's right the engine does sound like an F1 car (well close anyway!) But i tink i'd settle for either anyway. I'm expecting it to be in the next top gear series and i can't wait!!Supercarfreak????? I scanned/uploaded them!! its My Gallery on Supercarfreak.net :)

CarreraGtRacer
04-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Sunday I was in an Enzo ok I love it, but I'm quite sure I'd take the CGT over it :D and not just because of it's figures of course ;)heheh me and you both!

Anonymous
04-30-2004, 06:27 PM
[quote=TT]Sunday I was in an Enzo ok I love it, but I'm quite sure I'd take the CGT over it :D and not just because of it's figures of course ;)

quote]Supercarfreak????? I scanned/uploaded them!! its My Gallery on Supercarfreak.net :)

Thats what happens when you only read the web address and are too lazy to read the username sorry mate :oops: Credit goes too
CarreraGTRacer!!

CarreraGtRacer
04-30-2004, 06:28 PM
[quote=TT]Sunday I was in an Enzo ok I love it, but I'm quite sure I'd take the CGT over it :D and not just because of it's figures of course ;)

quote]Supercarfreak????? I scanned/uploaded them!! its My Gallery on Supercarfreak.net :)

Thats what happens when you only read the web address and are too lazy to read the username sorry mate :oops: Credit goes too
CarreraGTRacer!!hahah no worries :)

TT
04-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Sunday I was in an Enzo ok I love it, but I'm quite sure I'd take the CGT over it :D and not just because of it's figures of course ;)heheh me and you both!

LOL ;)

Anyway, I don't want to say the Enzo is bad or whatever ;) of course if I would REALLY be in the position of buying one, I'd probably die before taking a decision :roll: or probably just work some more to buy both :P

jorge
04-30-2004, 06:36 PM

LOL ;)

Anyway, I don't want to say the Enzo is bad or whatever ;) of course if I would REALLY be in the position of buying one, I'd probably die before taking a decision :roll: or probably just work some more to buy both :P

It will be very difficult to make a decision between an Enzo and a CGT, the Enzo has all the passion of Ferrari, but i agree that the CGT is the best car.

TT
04-30-2004, 06:39 PM
BTW, just finished reading the scans and well looking at their little graphs (easier than bare numbers LOL), I'm sure if the Enzo wasn't able to pop my eye balls out of my head while braking, for sure the CGT will if you won't close the eyelids in time!

Fleischmann
04-30-2004, 06:41 PM

Well at least we know what you'll be wanting to get for your next birthday :wink:

THX for the scans CarreraGtRacer :D

Anonymous
04-30-2004, 06:44 PM
BTW, just finished reading the scans and well looking at their little graphs (easier than bare numbers LOL), I'm sure if the Enzo wasn't able to pop my eye balls out of my head while braking, for sure the CGT will if you won't close the eyelids in time!

Next challenge for TT ride in CGT eithout throwing up/ losing eyeballs :lol: :wink:

TT
04-30-2004, 06:59 PM
For sure if a CGT owner will read my report will stay as far away from me as possiblet to avoid my gastric fluids ;)

HoboPie
04-30-2004, 07:24 PM
omg, no wonder it can keep up with an Enzo on a track. It is only a little slower in a straightline and brakes just as well it seems. I say just as well because the C&D test with the Enzo was at Fiorano and everywhere else (autocar test) shows them identical in terms of braking power.

robruf
04-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Great scan, loved the details, the Carrera GT is the car to beat I would have to say.

jorge
04-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Great scan, loved the details, the Carrera GT is the car to beat I would have to say.

I have read some articles about the Carrera GT and i have to agree, i think it has become at least the best current supercar, the one that others have to beat.

HoboPie
04-30-2004, 10:52 PM
I guess all the numbers just went to my head, but it occurs to me the best numbers before were.

0-60 3.5
0-100 7.0
1/4 mile 11.3

For some reason these new numbers just really stick out, I think it is the sub 7 second 0-100mph.

ice
04-30-2004, 11:10 PM
I love th CGT for sure, but the Enzo is still faster in a straight line, it ran an 11.1 in Road and track, and braked better then in that C&D comparison. Also, C&D never did a Enzo independant test, so their numbers are likelty estimates. The CGT may be the more likable supercar, but the Enzo remains king in terms of sheer raw speed and track ability, and thats what its goal was.

Toronto
04-30-2004, 11:32 PM
wow i just got home and started uploading my scans from b4 to the photo gallery, guess i should of done it b4 i left ot play cards, guess up beat me to it (yours are much better quality i hade to stay under 250k :D
stupid me i guess i should of check to see if it was up, but i only looked at supjects that had topics posted since last visit o well

5.7 V10
04-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Sweet article, 3.5 seconds...!

HoboPie
05-01-2004, 12:23 AM
I love th CGT for sure, but the Enzo is still faster in a straight line, it ran an 11.1 in Road and track, and braked better then in that C&D comparison. Also, C&D never did a Enzo independant test, so their numbers are likelty estimates. The CGT may be the more likable supercar, but the Enzo remains king in terms of sheer raw speed and track ability, and thats what its goal was.

Well Walter Rohrl himself admitted the Enzo had the straightline advantage and I don't think even a test driver would admit that unless it was fairly obvious to the public.

And yeah, the C&D test was done at Fiorano, with some extrapolated results I believe, and for sure no corrections. The R&T Enzo on the other hand was done on a normal flat surface and essentially beat everything the C&D Enzo did.

Still the CGT is turning out to be a monster.

yg60m
05-02-2004, 01:54 AM
Thank you mate, nice scans, i love the CGT ! :D

HoboPie
05-02-2004, 03:39 PM
You had better

Max Power
05-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Damn......mail can never arrive soon enough...

C&D did their Enzo test at VIRginia International Raceway...though their acceleration times were done at Fiorano. The track's straightaway was too short for a true 1/4 mile and hence their acceleration numbers are biased. And even though the Carrera GT outbraked the Enzo I believe with Ferrari's expertise from F1 the Enzo would handily beat the Porsche on any track.

Also Car and Driver thought that the Ferrari's oil changes were way too expensive (60USD per quart) but nothing about the mechanics, where as the Porsche had a grabby clutch...really a shame from a car that is perfect

CarreraGtRacer
05-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Check out the Road and Track article I posted.

HoboPie
05-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks max power, I was just recently puzzling over how they hell they some of their tests at Fiorano.