PDA

View Full Version : Saleen S7 (0-62mph in 2.9sec)...

ahmedgiyab
04-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Horsepower and torque have both been increased, 25 bhp and 45 lb-ft, respectively, up to 575 bhp @ 5500 rpm and 570 lf-ft of torque @ 4700 rpm. But these increases were not the point of the exercise strictly by themselves. Rather they are a happy consequence of responding to our customers’ desire, not for more performance, but for improvements in around-town drivability.

In analyzing this request, Saleen engineers made three important changes. The transmission 1st gear ratio and the final-drive ratio are shorter (higher numerical ratios). These gear changes, in conjunction with a revised clutch, make for much smoother takeoffs from rest. Most engineers probably would have stopped right here. But not Saleen’s engineers. In the course of their analysis, engine tuning also came under scrutiny. And by playing with cam timing and airflow and the engine’s PowerFlash™ computer, they managed to broaden already broad power and torque curves for smoother and more flexible performance. And to extract even more power from the S7’s already very potent 7-liter V8.

In true supercar fashion, the S7 is capable of speeds exceeding 200 miles per hour, with a zero-to-60 time under three seconds. And thanks to its extreme ground effects engineering, at 160 mph the car could be driven upside down and still maintain contact with the road. So lack of downforce has never been an issue with the S7. But as a result of wind tunnel testing, Saleen engineers have made some tweaks at the rear of the car. A revised rear spoiler has replaced the previous design. In addition, the rear diffuser, which channels air smoothly from under the rear of the car, has been redesigned. It is slightly larger and has a winglet in the middle. Collectively, the new spoiler and revised diffuser have a noticeable effect on reducing drag (for a higher top speed) while also increasing down force at the rear of the car.

Dual Personality

The Saleen S7 was conceived to combine the performance of a track-only racecar with the driving pleasure of a road car. As a result, while the S7 would be at home on any racetrack, it is also a car that can be driven with pleasure on highways, Autobahnen and back roads.

“With the improvements made in gearing, engine tuning and aero, the S7 is not only easier to drive at ‘normal’ around town speeds, but also it’s more fun,” says Saleen President, Steve Saleen. But don’t expect less of the Saleen ‘attitude.’ The S7, like every Saleen, is a product of Saleen’s strong racing heritage. We wouldn’t feel we’d accomplished our mission if you didn’t come away from a drive around the block thinking the S7 felt like ‘a race car for the street,’ “ Saleen continued. We designed it that way.”

Chassis, Suspension & Brakes

The S7 chassis and suspension incorporate decades of Saleen’s experience in racing, racecar construction and high-performance road car manufacturing. The Saleen S7 architecture begins with a space frame chassis to which honeycomb composite reinforcing is grafted. The body is autoclave carbon fiber.

Suspension is via fully independent unequal-length double wishbones with coil-over springs, lightweight aluminum dampers (shock absorbers) and stabilizer (anti-roll) bars front and rear. The uprights at each corner are CNC machined billet aluminum, flow-through designs.

Saleen-engineered Brembo-supplied lightweight aluminum six-piston mono-block calipers are fitted front and rear. The brakes are among the largest of any production car with 15-inch vented discs up front and 14-inch vented discs at the rear.

The Saleen-designed forged alloy wheels feature center locking wheel nuts with automatic safety locks. Sizes are 19 x 9.5 inches up front and 20 x 12 inches at the rear. The wheels are shod with ultra-high-performance Pirelli P Zero tires in sizes 275/30ZR19 front and 345/25R20 rear.

Engine & Drivetrain

Designed by Saleen engineers, the S7's engine and drivetrain incorporate the latest in modern racing technology. The all-aluminum V8 engine casting was engineered by Saleen to displace seven liters, generating 575 horsepower at 5500 rpm and delivering 570 foot-pounds of torque at 4700 rpm. Redline is 6500 rpm. Space age materials and engineering are used throughout, including stainless steel valves, titanium retainers, beryllium exhaust valve seats, magnesium throttle body, Saleen-designed aluminum CNCmachined cylinder heads and a ceramic-coated stainless steel exhaust system.

An exclusive Saleen-designed Front Engine Accessory Drive (FEAD) system results in an extremely compact engine, allowing for better packaging and overall weight distribution. The V8 incorporates a unique Saleen-designed side-mounted water pump, extremely accurate belt-driven camshaft drive, and a Saleen-engineered dry sump oil delivery system.

The engine's mid-chassis placement optimizes weight distribution and center of gravity, making room for an unusually tall engine that allows for a very efficient plenum arrangement. Air inducted by the roof air intake flows into a cold air box and then into an aluminum intake manifold with eight individual runners.

A Saleen PowerFlash™ performance computer, recalibrated for 2004, handles engine management. The ignition system is integrated coil-on-plug.

A new-generation six-speed transaxle, with a unique Saleen bell housing, transfers power to the wheels. The clutch is an organic/metallic 8.0-inch, twin-plate unit with hydraulic actuation.

Body Design

The S7’s beautiful shape was “designed” by the wind. Optimal aerodynamics and top speed performance objectives were achieved with extensive wind tunnel work. Targets included a low coefficient of drag, optimum drag-to-lift ratio, and extreme down force. The S7 has “full tray” body sculpting underneath.

Longtime Saleen design consultant Phil Frank then personalized and refined the aesthetics of the S7 to reflect modern supercar thinking. The gill-like ducting is, of course, fully functional. The autoclaved carbon fiber body panels incorporate advanced aerodynamics and include integrated split-channel airflow throughout the car, full underside air management, and advanced front tray and side skirt designs and an integrated full-body rear spoiler, replacing the wing used previously.

The mid-engine Saleen S7 has front and rear trunks and comes with Mulholland Brothers custom-made, 3-piece, fitted luggage. In true supercar style, the doors open up and away from the body.

“When seen in person, the S7 has an amazing overall presence,” says Steve Saleen, founder and president of Saleen, Inc. “It’s quite long and wide, yet only 41.0 inches high, adding to its exotic appearance. We wanted to maintain a ‘form-follows-function’ look, but one that was esthetically beautiful as well. I really feel we’ve achieved both.”

Interior

As much care has been given to the creature comforts of the Saleen S7 as to its performance. Great attention was given to seating position. The car features asymmetrical seating, with the driver position moved slightly more to the center than the passenger. This improves the driver’s ergonomics, improves the side-to-side weight distribution, and allows the passenger side to have a narrower threshold. The S7 is unusually accommodating of tall drivers.

Seats and other interior surfaces are covered in elegant leather and suede. Air conditioning, power windows, adjustable pedals, a steering wheel that telescopes and tilts and an AM/FM/CD/DVD/TV systems are all standard (GPS is optional). The Saleen S7 also has one unique interior feature: a video “rearview mirror” — there is a small video camera inconspicuously mounted in the rear of the car.

:D :D :D

Mopsdrops
04-28-2004, 10:40 AM
thankz very very much for all that information!
i've always thought a Saleen S7 did 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, but it seems i'm wrong. thanks for the nice information! :o

Tomerville
04-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Gee, upsidedown at 160? What is the chassis made out of?

nthfinity
04-28-2004, 12:26 PM
i've always thought a Saleen S7 did 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, but it seems i'm wrong. thanks for the nice information

it was according to R+T, this is a re-designed model, as stated in the first few paragraphs.... albiet, slightly re-designed :wink:

Gee, upsidedown at 160? What is the chassis made out of?

The Saleen S7 architecture begins with a space frame chassis to which honeycomb composite reinforcing is grafted. The body is autoclave carbon fiber.

well, i think its been said before, but it produces its body mass @ 160mph... which means it wouldnt fall.... but it really wouldnt maintain contact.... :wink:

possessed_beaver
05-01-2004, 03:51 AM
this car is bloody fast :shock: :shock: :shock:

mit5005
05-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Ooo I can't wait till they come out with the redesigned model. The car is already perfect in my mind but making it better would be incredible. I also want to see someone like Clarkson or Tiff test it. Then we would know what it can really do.

nthfinity
05-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Ooo I can't wait till they come out with the redesigned model. The car is already perfect in my mind but making it better would be incredible. I also want to see someone like Clarkson or Tiff test it. Then we would know what it can really do.

lol, we already know 'what it can really do' ........but i agree, it would be more fun to watch Tiff, or Clarkson do massive burnouts, and racing it on a circuit!

spicymustard
05-01-2004, 11:44 PM
hum... i love the car, and have seen one in person. They are pretty crazy looking. However I need to see some independent testing of the sub 3 sec 0-60 claim. With street tyres, i doubt it.

nthfinity
05-02-2004, 07:15 PM
However I need to see some independent testing of the sub 3 sec 0-60 claim. With street tyres, i doubt it.

i would love to as well..... as far as tire choice, there are all sorts of streetable tire compounds that are almost as grippy as cheater slicks. also, the previous spring to 60 was only 4 tenths more time.... not much that the additional hp, and torque negate :wink:

this was my 666th post, and being it matches my licence plate... heh heh :twisted:
http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost/data/2/6079666-med.jpg

oscargarza88
05-02-2004, 07:27 PM
i love this car, i thought it was much bigger but when i saw it in person i loved it, and the new one is just going to b :shock:
i also doubt the 1-60 time tho...

dons5
05-08-2004, 07:00 PM
ya of course its an awesome and fast car, but it kinda ruins the car when u have to come up with an updated version, i dont see Ferrari updating there Enzo with more power or better aero or anything, when u make a rare/super car u should make it once and thats it, leave the updates ofr the next new car not an updated version, like Ferrari will wait till F60 or whatever to improve on the Enzo, not on an Enzo Version 2.0 lol, but of course its an awesome car, its beautiful, but typical supercar looks, it stands out obviously but not when next to an Enzo and Zonda, but its still awesome, and about the updating car thing, im not talkin bout 360 modena - Challenge Stradale and 500 Maranello - 575M, cause those arent super cars like F40 F50 Enzo etc.

dons5
05-08-2004, 07:02 PM
*550 lol not 500 ahahah

sentra_dude
05-08-2004, 08:26 PM
^^^Umm dude...I don't think it ruins it, or makes the older version look bad; I think they need to do that to keep up with the competition, but whatever, you have your opinions...and I have mine.

dons5
05-08-2004, 11:44 PM
of course they have to keep up with competition, but still when it comes to cars im not just a numbers man, i dont think a car is better becuase of the numbers u know what i mean, like i take other things into consideration also, how its built, where, the history of the company, how does the engine make power, looks, does it need turbo's or superchargers, u know, its like a girl everyone wants a hot one, but ud rather take one thats not as hot but u liked her better as a person, haah im not sayin id take the ugliest girl in the worl cause shes nice lol but u know what i mean,

dons5
05-08-2004, 11:56 PM
another example Porsche, sure there prob as good as they have ever been, and sure the 911 gt3 rs or whatever the new gt3 is called, is close competition and some say even better then the 360 Challenge Stradale when it comes too lap times, but i would still not get it. and im not talkin bout the obvious reasons like it doesnt have that Ferrari unbelievable sound, or it doesnt make ur heart pump as fast, or the gorgeous looks or whatever, its what Porsche the comany itself does that turns me off, first of all there not even in F1 where the best motor companys are supposed to be in when it comes to racing, second of all they got soooooo many different kinds of 911's, so that puts the exclusive/special points down for the car, third They make an SUV!!!!!!!! enough said bout that lol even many Porsche fans were mad about that because it ruins the image of the company, and 4th i heard they make like 40 or 50 thousand porshces a year, when Ferrari makes like wut, 4 thousand i think, and they also stay under there limit, they dont say well lets sell more to make more money, even though there in the most expensive sport in the World F1!!! and there still the best easily

dons5
05-08-2004, 11:57 PM
lol sorry kinda went off topic but im jus makin a point that the car itslef isnt everything, its alsp what the company does, has done, is invloved with etc etc i dont wanna go on anymore lol

RC45
05-09-2004, 04:36 AM
Try the edit button next time...

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 11:02 AM
I have such a hard time believing that it can produce its body mass at 160...how much does it weigh?

nthfinity
05-09-2004, 11:18 AM
welcome to the world of wind tunnel design.... form follows function. yes, this car produces more down force then the Enzo, and is lighter then the enzo...

2750 lb

and think how fast 160mph is... airplanes take off at those speeds, so why cant the car produce its own wieght in negetive lift?

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 12:42 PM
welcome to the world of wind tunnel design.... form follows function. yes, this car produces more down force then the Enzo, and is lighter then the enzo...

2750 lb

and think how fast 160mph is... airplanes take off at those speeds, so why cant the car produce its own wieght in negetive lift?

Airplanes wings surface area accounts for the surface area of 3 Saleens.

This car simply cannot produce 2750. The Saleen RACECAR produces 1500-1600 TOPS at Max speed of around 180-200.

The Panoz GTR made 1800 max.

There is no friggin way this car can produce 2750lb of dowforce no matter what.

Just to get some reasurance I just had a chat with an aerodynamisist and he said there is no way it can produce that downforce at any speed that the car is capable of achiving. It will only make a couple of hundred tops.

RC45
05-09-2004, 01:03 PM

2750 lb

This car simply cannot produce 2750. The Saleen RACECAR produces 1500-1600 TOPS at Max speed of around 180-200.

Just to get some reasurance I just had a chat with an aerodynamisist and he said there is no way it can produce that downforce at any speed that the car is capable of achiving. It will only make a couple of hundred tops.

If you feel that strongly about it - why not call the manufacturer out in their lie.

Unless you are not 100% sure of your facts... ;)

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 01:21 PM

2750 lb

If you feel that strongly about it - why not call the manufacturer out in their lie.

And what good will calling the manufacturer will do? :wink:

Unless there is a big fan in the underbody there is no way this car can produce 2750lb.

I already talked to one aero guy and he said its impossible.

Ill wait for another guy to show up and he will tell me the exact numbers for the Saleen racers from FIA GT. And Im 99% sure that he will say its no where near 2000.

RC45
05-09-2004, 01:36 PM

2750 lb

And what good will calling the manufacturer will do? :wink:

Unless there is a big fan in the underbody there is no way this car can produce 2750lb.

I already talked to one aero guy and he said its impossible.

Ill wait for another guy to show up and he will tell me the exact numbers for the Saleen racers from FIA GT. And Im 99% sure that he will say its no where near 2000.

But remember - FIA imposes rules regarding allowable downforce.. the street doesn't.. ;)

And calling out the manufacturer is the only thing you can do really - because if the brochure says X - and you say Y - I am going with X - until you get the manufacturer to say Y... ;)

Anything else is speculation... right... ;)

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 01:50 PM
I say my penis is 12inches long. It says so in my Resume. It got to be true. Its in the brochure I made about my self also. :D

Quote from the resume "My penis is 12inches long!"

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Look at this road car.

http://www.wheels.ca/jpg/4701.jpg

Now look at this race car.

http://www.markusberns.de/images/FIA-GT/2003/06Spa/fgt03-06-007-01.JPG

Point me out any aero parts on the road car which can contribute to an extra 1000LB!!! Of downforce.

I mean it doesnt take a genius to figure out that there is no friggin way this car can make anywere close to 2000lb of downfoce......LMP 900s dont make that much downforce lol.

RC45
05-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Look at this road car.

Point me out any aero parts on the road car which can contribute to an extra 1000LB!!! Of downforce.

I mean it doesnt take a genius to figure out that there is no friggin way this car can make anywere close to 2000lb of downfoce......LMP 900s dont make that much downforce lol.

Your penis is 12" long? ;)

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Look at this road car.

wrong quote :wink:

Actually my penis is 20inches long. I made a mistake in my brochure :wink:

RC45
05-09-2004, 02:15 PM
BTW - the FIA rules dictate the shape of the underbody - perhaps the road car has very extensive underbody aerodynamic downforce enducing designs in place. ;)

All I am saying - is that with the prospect of a bankcrupting lawsuit if you make false claims on your docuemntation - for a car you are only selling to the most wealthy/powerful people in the USA who would be the most likely to bring suite against false claims - you don't lightly make a claim such as this - without it being true... (at least partially ;) ) :P

RC45
05-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Look at this road car.

wrong quote :wink:

Actually my penis is 20inches long. I made a mistake in my brochure :wink:

No - correct quote - I was just admiring the yellow car while thinking of your penis.. :P

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 02:20 PM
lol I better keep my doors locked. :lol:

dons5
05-09-2004, 04:28 PM
well im pretty sure this car doesnt come close to the downforce of an enzo but i could be wrong, im gonna try to figure out and ill let you all know when i do

dons5
05-09-2004, 04:38 PM
well i cant get any numbers on pounds of downforce, but i read the same thing about being able to be upside down at 160, that means that at 160 mph it creates, what is it? 2700 pounds or around there, i dont understand how that works because f1 cars make around 3-4 thousand pounds of downforce i think, and trust me they have wayyyyyy more downforce even without ground effects, well saleen just prob got there race saleen s7r or whatever its called and barely changed any of the aero work underneath the car, one article said the saleen was too low to drive on almost an normal road, so i guess saleen doesnt care if there car is too low to even drive, as long as the numbers are better then anyone else there happy

nthfinity
05-09-2004, 05:49 PM
its not exactly about having better numbers in a supercar..,. although it cirtainly helps. Steve Saleen wanted a no compromise road car, and people jumped at the opertunity to want a race car before the road car...

the road car had almost an additional year of develpment to go into the road car.

the saleen has hannels through its body to create downforce. each gill is funtional

the enzo was designed by Pininfarina... its beautiful, and produces 1600* lbs of downforce at max, and adjusts to much less to somewhere around 1100* lbs for top speed.

saleen was less concerned about looking like an F1 car.

and let me talk to that aerdynamisist, or thurmodynamisist, as i would tend to think i know something about it as its only directly related to my major... i can assure you, it is quite possible to get those downforce numbers, just not likely with just the outter body shell :)

coombsie66
05-09-2004, 06:05 PM
God damn it, why do u guys have to work in imperial units! Gets me all confused :wink: .

From those pictures the road car sits a lot higher (2 inches odd) than the FIA car, now doesnt the downforce from the ground effects increase with a squared relationship with the underbodies proximity to the ground, so even if the FIA had a flat bottom, it would produce more ground effects than the road car!?
These are assumptions on my part, i am not planning on taking saleen to court :wink:

A 20 inch penis!? Wats that in metric? I might be impressed then :wink: :P

nthfinity
05-09-2004, 06:33 PM
how botht he Enzo, and Saleen produce such vast downforce is by ducting the air through the body in channels. both the enzo, and S7 have them in front of the front tires, wiht ducts leading all the way to the rear.

on top of that, they have ground effect, (which is cirtainly greater on the FIA car) and great airflow around the cockpit.

of course, basic aero states (bernuli's principal) that air traveling a greater distance above then below creates lift. this is why being lower to the ground helps minimze this effect...i could go on and on, but thats enough

SFDMALEX
05-09-2004, 06:46 PM
You know what screw it...if you want to believe that this car produces 2750lb of downforce at 160mph then let it be. If your happy stay happy. The reality is that the racer Saleen produces roughly 2200 at way over 160. And the FIAs underbody restrictions wont harm the original underbodys downforce capabilities trust me.

Its common sense. Most the rear end downforce on the racer Saleen comes from the rear wing. The rear end accounts for at least 50% of the entire cars downforce. The road car doesnt even have a wing!

And look at the point coombsie66 made which is correct.

There is simply no way this car produces more downforce then the racer. And the racer cant reach 2700lb at its max speed.

"the FIA rules dictate the shape of the underbody" where did you get that information? The only real rule about underbodys is that the minimum ride hieght should be 40mm.

"All I am saying - is that with the prospect of a bankcrupting lawsuit if you make false claims on your docuemntation - for a car you are only selling to the most wealthy/powerful people in the USA who would be the most likely to bring suite against false claims - you don't lightly make a claim such as this - without it being true... (at least partially ) "

Well this information was provided by ahmedgiyab and I doubt that the source was Saleen the company. Saleen can say what ever they wont to the public and magazines but in the official information they cant lie. But its not like manufacturers dont get proven wrong about their digits all the time.

coombsie66
05-09-2004, 07:33 PM
how botht he Enzo, and Saleen produce such vast downforce is by ducting the air through the body in channels. both the enzo, and S7 have them in front of the front tires, wiht ducts leading all the way to the rear.

on top of that, they have ground effect, (which is cirtainly greater on the FIA car) and great airflow around the cockpit.

of course, basic aero states (bernuli's principal) that air traveling a greater distance above then below creates lift. this is why being lower to the ground helps minimze this effect...i could go on and on, but thats enough

Please go on, i am revising for my 2nd year fluids exams at the moment, and bernoulli's is very much first year.
Isnt it due to the longer distance over the top of the aerofoil which results in a higher stream velocity, which through mass continuity results in a lower pressure above the wing than below it, resulting in lift.

So in order to create effective underbody effects the flow beneath the car would have to be of higher velocity (shorter path than over the body, and smaller cross section through which to pass) than over the body.

Therefore the increase in rideheight of the road car over the FIA car means that it would have a lot less downforce, due to underbody effects than the FIA car.

I dont know the figures for the downforce levels on the FIA car, but going on whats been said, i find it quite difficult to believe what has been stated about the road car's downforce levels.

EDIT: And i dont quite understand how the ducting of air through the car would effect the cars downforce huge amounts, i was always under the impression that these ducts are for brake/engine cooling purposes!?

blah
05-09-2004, 08:14 PM
that car has a working penis. thats where the extra 1700 lbs comes from.

RC45
05-09-2004, 10:22 PM
"the FIA rules dictate the shape of the underbody" where did you get that information? The only real rule about underbodys is that the minimum ride hieght should be 40mm.

Here they are - in all their altered glory (altered to no doubt try give advantage to some production homologated GT "super cars" that have full ground effects underbodies - rumour has it, it was to favour the Ferrari and Lambo entrants... ;))

3.5 Bodywork
3.5.1) Between the front and at least the rear wheel centre
lines all bodywork visible from directly beneath the car, with the
exception of wheel arches and exhaust tunnels, must lie on one
plane.
This plane, called Flat Bottom or Reference Surface, must be a
uniform, solid, hard, rigid (no degree of freedom in relation to the
body/chassis unit), impervious surface, under all circumstances.
The periphery of the surface formed by these parts may be curved
upwards with a maximum radius of 25 mm.
To help overcome any possible manufacturing problems, a
tolerance of +/- 5 mm is permissible across this surface.
No sprung part of the car is permitted below the flat bottom.
No air may pass above this surface. However, two circular
openings of not more than 200 mm in diameter are permitted in
the flat bottom for the purpose of cooling the exhaust, as well as
minimum openings allowing the use of air jacks.
It is permitted to add the following elements :
• A flat panel to the front of the flat bottom :
On the flat bottom plane, between the front end of the flat bottom
and the vertical and transversal plane tangent to the front of the
complete front wheels and between the front wheel arches.
It may be included in the flat bottom.
"Naca" or louvre type air inlets may be made on its surface.
The part of the bodywork situated forward of the complete front
wheels must be independent of this panel or of the flat bottom if
the panel is included in it.
To help overcome any possible manufacturing problems, a tolerance
of +/- 5 mm is permissible across the surface of this panel.
• An inclined, flat panel to the rear of the flat bottom :
- between the vertical planes formed by the inside faces of the rear
wheels.
- between the rear end of the flat bottom and the vertical plane
formed by the rearmost vertical panel of the bodywork.
This panel may be cut to adapt this extractor.
No point of this inclined panel is permitted more than 150 mm
above the flat bottom.
Vertical fins are allowed, provided that they remain parallel to the
longitudinal centre line of the car and that they exert no
aerodynamic influence.
A minimum opening allowing the use of one air jack is authorised.
To help overcome any possible manufacturing problems, a tolerance
of +/- 5 mm is permissible across the surface of this panel.
For cars from the list of "Super Cars", the bottom part of the car
must <-- must is now struck out in the current rules may alternatively comply with article 257-3.5.1.

and...

3.5 Bodywork
3.5.1) The bottom part of the car cannot be modified and
must remain identical to that of the original car (including the
tunnels if fitted on the original car), with the exception of openings
the sole function of which is the cooling of mechanical parts and
the total area of which must not exceed 360 cm2.

The FIA pretty much dictates the colour and density of your under-wear and condom diameter as well as fuel and allowable engine components... ;)

dons5
05-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Whatever, the fact is every Enzo was sold out before anyone knew what it would look like, showing just how famous and Loved Ferrari is, but u gotta give credit to Saleen, because it scores awesome on the cool factor for sure. but the looks i think are too typical supercar looks you know what i mean?? its still beautiful of course, they could of used a little less holes/gills in the body work, but then again performance comes first :wink:

blah
05-10-2004, 01:28 AM
People bought the Enzos cuz they needed something to get them past their small penis's. They bought those cars cuase it would be the cool new hotness. Unlike jabba who has the worlds largest british penis EVAR. :has dreams of jabbas penis: :shock:

dons5
05-10-2004, 01:30 AM
ummmmm, ok

blah
05-10-2004, 10:22 AM
You SHall Fear Jabbas Mighty Penis of Steel! BOW DOWN NOW! :twisted:

mit5005
05-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Whatever, the fact is every Enzo was sold out before anyone knew what it would look like, showing just how famous and Loved Ferrari is, but u gotta give credit to Saleen, because it scores awesome on the cool factor for sure. but the looks i think are too typical supercar looks you know what i mean?? its still beautiful of course, they could of used a little less holes/gills in the body work, but then again performance comes first :wink:

I don't understand why people think the look is typical. I have never seen a car with as many gills as the S7, and It doesn't look anything like the McLaren F1 (which some people say it does) except for the roof scoop. I don't even think there is another supercar that has a similar appearance to this one. Let's face it, the car is gorgeous.

dons5
05-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Well of course it doesnt look identical to the mac, no cars look identical, but if you know anything about car design, or design (art) in general u can see that the mac played a big influence on the cars design, maybe it was just coincedence, but i doubt it, but if you think the saleen is not typical supercars look, then u must think the zonda and enzo are from mars

nthfinity
05-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Well of course it doesnt look identical to the mac, no cars look identical, but if you know anything about car design, or design (art) in general u can see that the mac played a big influence on the cars design, maybe it was just coincedence, but i doubt it, but if you think the saleen is not typical supercars look, then u must think the zonda and enzo are from mars

i too thought the S7 looked like a Mclaren F1, that is until i saw the S7 in person.... its in virtually no way similar, the proportions are so incredibly different on the S7. this isnt just an opinion statement, but rather a fact :wink:

Schwalbe
05-11-2004, 01:36 PM
All these cars possess certain common traits, but they possess each their own characteristics. :wink:

SFDMALEX
05-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Look at the Mosler and then at the S7 :wink:

Schwalbe
05-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Look at the Mosler and then at the S7

They look similar. :lol:

nthfinity
05-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Look at the Mosler and then at the S7

i think you just proved my point :wink:
once again, totally verrying looks

dons5
05-11-2004, 03:42 PM
exactly mosler a really cool car awesome car i want one bad, but doesnt have that look that makes it stand out again like the enzo and zonda, it jus has typical supercar looks, ex. eb110, macf1, mosler etc,

SFDMALEX
05-11-2004, 04:14 PM
exactly mosler a really cool car awesome car i want one bad, but doesnt have that look that makes it stand out again like the enzo and zonda, it jus has typical supercar looks, ex. eb110, macf1, mosler etc,

Well the Macca would not fall into the typical category because when it came out it was unique. Now the mosler, s7....these are all "typical" supercars........the Macca is being copied just like the 250GTO was copied back in the days........

dons5
05-11-2004, 05:37 PM
ya i guess in a way ur right actually ur really right the mac came out in 93 i think? so ya it didnt have typical super looks

Kz
05-15-2004, 11:25 PM
why are you talkin about jabba's penis lol

gottacatchup
05-16-2004, 01:22 AM
typical supercar looks

Does anyone else see the irony in this statement?

SFDMALEX
05-16-2004, 10:10 AM
why are you talkin about jabba's penis lol

Why is it that when I always see you post something its always stupid?

dons5
05-16-2004, 05:11 PM
there is no irony, typical supercar looks lain and simple

SFDMALEX
05-16-2004, 05:22 PM
People bought the Enzos cuz they needed something to get them past their small penis's.:

People bought the Enzo because it is the only thing that can provide enough blood flow to their large penis' to get an erection...

FYI high G forces cause blood to leave the head(the one on your sholders)

bmagni
05-16-2004, 05:52 PM
most car producers say wot the car "can" do, but it depends on many things, altitude, slicks, track conditions and shit.
its the same like with the koenig ccr, they say its can go up to 240 mph but still isnt proved... so we can keep waiting

dons5
05-20-2004, 02:58 AM
SFDMALEX ahah thats the best reply haahah and its true the Enzo is the best Plain and Simple, bmagni u got the best quote