PDA

View Full Version : how to: run a double monitor setup on one tower.

callen
04-28-2004, 09:07 AM
ill be headed home from london this friday, back to niagara falls where i am from. i currently have a DELL 19' trinitron, and my sister a 17" monitor of the same. im looking to hook up a dual monitor setup on my computer. how is it possible to do such a thing, ive never looked into it, what do i need to do to make this possible. i have a G force 4 Ti 4200 64mb vid card, 512 mb ram , athlon amd 1800XP , so i think all this is possible.. ne helpful info would be appreciated. thanks guys! :D

stevert
04-28-2004, 10:54 AM
get a gfx card with dual outputs on it, does yours ?.. many cards these days have a normal vga output and a dvi output.. just get a dvi/vga adapter and plug in the second monitor.. well actually most cards that have a dvi out have the adapter with them :)

callen
04-28-2004, 06:07 PM
and thats it? plug it in and its all good? i know that i have some options i can messa round with my G force card , but besides that, i just get an adaptor, and then i ve got power to two monitors, and i can scroll t he mouse across both like it was one? :shock: sweet! (btw i do have a dvi output, but im not sure if i have an adaptor, although i will check where i keep those things for it) do u know the price of an adaptor if i need one dan?

crazidude
04-28-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure all GF4s had 2 monitor support. You card should've come with a dvi adaptor. Just plug that into the white plug on the back of the vid card then plug in your monitor and you should be set.

EvoqSixteen
04-29-2004, 12:21 AM
if it has dvi out then it should have the adaptor.. and yes its that easy.. in the display properties controls there should be some option for enabling dual monitors..