PDA

View Full Version : Playstation problem

Mopsdrops
04-26-2004, 10:42 AM
When I play Gran Turismo 3 on my Playstation it is malfunctioning sometimes when i wanna start a race. I get then a black screen ( loading screen. but it never completes loading. but with some races it works.

could anybody know what i must do???

callen
04-26-2004, 10:54 AM
the only thing i can think of is your laser is starting to go......this is a commmon problem ive hrd in earlier playstation 2 models(before they started to sell em for under $300 CAN. i cant play any of my games that really tax the laser to read a lot of info.....like dvds and grand theft auto, to nme a few.....but i never had this problem with GT3. so if this is the problem, u need a new laser, so u may as well have the mod chip fitted when u do it. :D

Mopsdrops
04-26-2004, 11:12 AM
the only thing i can think of is your laser is starting to go......this is a commmon problem ive hrd in earlier playstation 2 models(before they started to sell em for under $300 CAN. i cant play any of my games that really tax the laser to read a lot of info.....like dvds and grand theft auto, to nme a few.....but i never had this problem with GT3. so if this is the problem, u need a new laser, so u may as well have the mod chip fitted when u do it. :D
Aha thanks, but i can play dvd's on my PS2. only GT3 is'nt working sometimes. but is it maybe that my laser is'nt clean? or that there is something wrong with my CD? or otherwise: how much costs such an chip?

Anonymous
04-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah i'm afraid it might be the drive mine started off doing this in GT then refusing to play GTA vice city then gave up all together :( just hope it isnt that with yours you could try a laser cleaner i believe there is even a special one for the ps2

astonmartinandy
04-26-2004, 11:51 AM
There is definitely a problem with the earlier generation PS2s and the laser. Mine is one of the earlier ones and it won't read any discs anymore, so it looks like I need a new one before GT4 comes out!!

Mopsdrops
04-26-2004, 12:01 PM
My dad also buyed a CD-cleaner, but it did'nt work! does anybody know where i could find such a special CD-cleaner for PS2? i did'nt find anything about it in the Store??

RC45
04-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Is GT3 the only disc that is giving problems?

Maybe it is the CD.

Anonymous
04-26-2004, 12:47 PM
PS2 lens cleaner link don't know if it'll help or if its just a gimmick

http://www.success-hk.com/sc_html/ps2/4_PS2%20DVD%20Laser%20Lens%20Cleaner.htm

I have no expierinece of this product as i have given up on my PS2 after it scratched GTA vice city up!!

husyk
04-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Check Sony's website www.us.playstation.com for a 1-800 number, they will repair your PS2 for free from DREs. You'll have to pay shipping and handling though.

666fast
04-26-2004, 03:21 PM
What uaully happens is the laser moves and can't focus to read the games. The early PS2 didn't have a stop on them to hold the laser in place.
Here is a way to fix it: http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/story/0,24330,3516150,00.html