PDA

View Full Version : My PGT

adamrotor
04-22-2004, 01:38 PM
heres my ride its not special or anythin but it'll do. Im actually having trouble picking out a next car i wanna purchase, the reason i bought this when i was young and stupid is because it reminded me of a ferrari, ehh.
My next car i want to get is something in the same form coupe, sporty looking, maybe a noble m12 gto??? :roll:

My baby very dirty and naughty.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357674_61_full.jpg
When taken care of.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357674_38_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357674_36_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357674_32_full.jpg

I justlike this pic
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/357000-357999/357674_50_full.jpg

_Marcin

TT
04-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Why PGT by teh way?

And just a question, I won't bite you with the same old "rice" comments ;) but, is the bonnet just painted in black or is it true carbon stuff? :)

callen
04-22-2004, 02:34 PM
NOble M12 GTO? are u on crack man! u are not going to be buying one of those! its a poor mans super car( and it aint cheap just hell of a lot less than supercars) and what is that ricerocket? i cant tell with all the body kits and the black paint on the hood from walmart....is it a PROBE gt is that what ur tryin to say?

adamrotor
04-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Well PGT is in short probe gt thats what they go by on the probe forums, I dont consider myself rice cuz i dont have stickers anywhere that state i got performance or anything that might anyone think my car is fast other than the body kit(which in my opinion doesnt constitute your car being fast). I think my car is done in a subtle way and for your info its true carbon fiber hood from VIS.

Why a ford probe well I never actually thought about performance when i was buying the car which was like 5 yrs ago i just like the way it looked, now that i have done all these things to it i kind of regret getting a kit i miss the stock look of the Probe.

The noble is just a very neat car to me and if it is a cheap mans sports car than let it be it still looks good i think and comes with a nice package. For the money.
Its just like seeing all these moded supras or cobras etc that can pic on supercars and people saying well i didnt spend 100k plus on my car and yet it can woop em.
If i can afford cars liek that id definitly buy one, but cant so anyhting that can be in the range of a supercar ill take :lol: .

_marcin

callen
04-22-2004, 02:58 PM
teh NOble is still close to 100K when its all said and done. u have to buy it thru a motorsports company(i forget the name now) sans engine and transaxle. so u have to do some work urself. and what are u doin buyin a car when ur 13? from ur english, ur from north america IMO, and we dont drive til 16(15 for beginners in the states) so what are u doing buying a car at that age? i didnt have a job til 15, so how did u get thousands of dollars to buy this car at an age in which it is FUCKING illegal to work?! this seems sketchy.....but lets see what u have to say before i really start to rip u apart.

adamrotor
04-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Well for one yes I am from North America but hence the fact that I moved here from Europe. For another point I should make is that I am using my brothers account to make posts so in that sense according to his birthdate yes that would make him 13 but me im 21 so that makes me 17 when i bought my first car.
And where did I get thousands of dollars well I guess you can call that a bank loan( for those who dont know what that is, it is a borrowed amount due back in payments with interest accumulatesd for lending from that lender). :wink:

Going back to the noble, i didnt want to say to much of its topic becuase i didnt know much about it but i saw and add in one of the car magazines here in the states for 40k us dollars but i guess they forget to mention the fact that engine and chasis not included :shock: .

_Marcin

callen
04-22-2004, 03:38 PM
ok now it makes sense! welcome to JW adamrotor, enjoy and did u paint the hood or is it carbon fibre?(ill stop buggin you now :fadein: )

Caplax40
04-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Damn! That car comes with chopsticks right?

TT
04-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Well for one yes I am from North America but hence the fact that I moved here from Europe. For another point I should make is that I am using my brothers account to make posts so in that sense according to his birthdate yes that would make him 13 but me im 21 so that makes me 17 when i bought my first car.
And where did I get thousands of dollars well I guess you can call that a bank loan( for those who dont know what that is, it is a borrowed amount due back in payments with interest accumulatesd for lending from that lender). :wink:

Going back to the noble, i didnt want to say to much of its topic becuase i didnt know much about it but i saw and add in one of the car magazines here in the states for 40k us dollars but i guess they forget to mention the fact that engine and chasis not included :shock: .

_Marcin

If you are 21, edit your profile right away please...
so basically a bank loaned the money to you when you were 16? Did the loan money if you don't work? Not here for sure.

adamrotor
04-22-2004, 08:41 PM
No! but seems like theirs no way around on being roasted about rice might aswell give up this pointless argument :roll: . Yea I should change my profile, just one note that i noticed on alot of forums its funny how alot of people dont bother reading through threads they just go on with their comments.

On the other hand, the probe isnt such a bad car. The community might have a small after market but their's quite quick ones flying around here and there you'd be surprised.
And once more tru carbon fiber :wink:
_marcin

TT
04-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Ok I now see the part where you talk about this account beeing your brother's.. well, the first mistake was done by you then :roll: :P

hemi_fan
04-22-2004, 10:38 PM
man, what kind of reception is this!?! I think it looks pretty decent and the probe bodystyle is a very nice place to start. The powertrain is a bit lacking, but they do have some pep from what I've seen (a guy has one at my school and drives like a maniac). I think the car would be pretty sweet with some aftermarket rims and maybe a Turbo... but im sure it's a better idea to just get a new car since rims and turbo upgrade would cost quite a pretty penny.

Silvia_Drift
04-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Well its not a very good car but the mods you have done make it look ok..well maybe a bit ricy. I love the fact that you have real carbon fibre hood but the body kit is a bit too much for me. At least you didn't put a huge wing on it.

bobafett
04-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Wow, talk about dirty. You did a sweet job cleanign it up. That last picture is great!

--Dan

Vansquish
04-23-2004, 05:44 AM
Hey! Easy on the Probe-hating...my dad was the chief program engineer (read "program manager") for that car when it came out and won Motortrend Car of the Year for 1993. The only things wrong with the Probe were the fact that the V6 in the GT was underpowered because Mazda refused to do the development work to increase output (Ford did a special 200bhp engine and dropped it into a 1994 Silver Probe GT and that car was as fast as a Mustang GT at the time), but because it would've been a competitor for the 'Stang it never reached production. The other thing wrong was that Mazda (they did most of the development and engineering work for the MX-6/Probe/626) fitted small shitty brakes that quickly faded after a hard stop or two. I think it's one of the best looking cars of the '90's and in some ways I still sort of lust for one.

I think it's a wonderful car with a turbine-smooth sweet engine (even if it is underpowered), slick gearbox and great looks. I like mine better stock, but I have to admit you did a nice fairly discrete job on yours adamrotor, nice car :-D

callen
04-23-2004, 08:57 AM
....just one note that i noticed on alot of forums its funny how alot of people dont bother reading through threads they just go on with their comments.

this is true, but ull find this is one forum wher many people do read the others posts, and not just look at the pictures. if u look around here at the amount of qoutes, ull catch my drift. what does a carbon fibre hood cost? i would never want to leave it unpainted, too ricey for me, but i might do something to make the weave visible thru the paint, or leave a strip down the middle somehow.....like with the last z06.... i like that one

Vansquish
04-23-2004, 08:58 AM
With that Commemorative Z06, they actually did more than just make the hood out of CF...they actually designed it so that the fibers would run in a specific direction...something that hadn't been done before if memory serves me.

adamrotor
04-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Well the cf hood that i got was at bulk buy at its first time being released for the probe, so i got very discretly cheap 297$ but now it can run up to 500$. I also believe it depends on the brand of the car how expensive it will turn out.
Well the ford probe does have a jdm spec motor which is pushing 200 hp stock on a 6 cyl and 170 on a 4cyl, the us spec version 6cyl has 170 hp so that just tell ya that the car is under powered. But goin back to the comment about having the kit for the probe, one thing being me having geting the cosmetic upgrades rather than performance was due to lack of performance parts distributors for the probe. Now theirs actually a great deal of market out there for them. Turbo kits and all even na mods. I know of one probe thats runing around the midwest somewhere pickling on moded camaro ss and ws 6's. A guy inchicago actually is transpanting a1st gen motor to the 2nd gen probe just due to the fact that the 1st gen can be tuned very quick. so that my 2 cent

Vansquish
04-23-2004, 03:13 PM
I hate to tell you this, but the jdm V6 in the Probe is precisely the same engine that it had in the US and all other markets. It was rated at 200bhp in Japan because Mazda wanted to make the car look more appealing to buyers, but it was never anywhere close to that. It made 170bhp and 167lb-ft of torque in Japan, and in the US and everywhere else it was sold. The 4-banger was even worse, it only made 113bhp, no more no less. Don't believe everything you read, especially from Asian car companies when it comes to outputs, they tend to be kind of screwy.

My dad has told me of many business meetings that he went to where the Americans asked the Japanese members of the team where the 200bhp engine was. They invariably said something along the lines of, "we're working on it" and it stayed that way until my dad pulled aside the chief powertrain engineer and asked him flat out what was going on. The guy told him that the V6 in the Probe GT/24v WAS the 200bhp engine and that Mazda had no intent to increase the output. Needless to say there was only 1 FoMoCo-built 200bhp Probe, and the engine is still lying in a warehouse in Dearborn, but the car it was installed in is long since destroyed. The Probe was highly overrated, just like the MX-6 when it came to power in the Japanese market, but the engines were no different than any of the other export markets. Not even on the special-edition GTS.

Kangaroo Boy
04-24-2004, 03:02 AM
I like it.Kind looks like a RX7 front.Well done.. :D

RC45
04-24-2004, 03:27 AM
With that Commemorative Z06, they actually did more than just make the hood out of CF...they actually designed it so that the fibers would run in a specific direction...something that hadn't been done before if memory serves me.

Not quite as fancy/sophisticated as it sounds though - the Z16 hood is simply a CF version of the stock hood.

Note that the C5 is not made of the traditional matt/resin process, but rather a chopped matt/resin matrix/mastic - almost a "fibreglass paste" if you will.

A similar process is followed for the CF hood, that mates an outside skin of prepreg and an inside panel of CF and regular SMC - that "cool carbon fibre" matt you see on the hood between the silver and red is just a "ricer style" fake carbon fibre sticker... :roll:

GM is far to cheap and stupid to do commerative editions correctly.

These are unfortunatly always "sales and marketing MBA types" that simply "sticker up" a bunch of cars and sell them at a markup to the "gold chain, hair dresser and cruiser" crowd...

*shrug*

Specifically developed for the Corvette, the Commemorative Edition Z06 hood achieves a higher level of exterior finish quality than previous automotive applications of carbon fiber. On most carbon fiber parts, the woven pattern of the material is easily seen beneath the exterior finish. To diminish that effect and preserve the rich LeMans Blue paint finish, on the Commemorative Edition Z06 the carbon fibers are aligned in a single direction. The only visual cue that the hood is made from carbon fiber is in the red border surrounding the silver graphic on the car, which is arranged in a woven pattern signifying the material that lies underneath. The overall result is a finish consistent with the rest of the car that gives just a slight hint at the carbon fiber construction.

This "press release" info makes it sound like something really unique - but having observed it close up, it is nothing more than a smooth finish CF hood (and $2000 more than a good aftermarket one) with a "fake" CF sticker on it.

They totally missed the point that enthusiasts may actually appreciate the carbon fibre weave showing through..

sameerrao
04-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Damn I was super excited when I saw the headline PGT - I was thinking Carrera GT :(