PDA

View Full Version : HOST!!

Erez
04-18-2004, 03:10 AM
i've been looking in the net for like 8 hours! found like 2 50MB 1-2GB bandwidth.. rar useable.. but they were bullshit! when ever i finished uploading the files wouldn't be there... 125MB.com is no good too.. cant post links... and is seems to be down now..

i need a free host! any free host with normal useable features! (i saw tons with like 5-12MB and 600 bandwidth.. and that no good..)

i can't believe i couldn't find anything! i have an old 0catch account.. but it wont let me upload rars... :(

i saw a lot of graet deals for like $10 usd a month.. but i'm not sure... first i want to see what useage i have for a small free one...

anyone that has any idea.. PLEASE let me know!

DeMoN
04-18-2004, 03:26 AM
I have an idea, if you say they wont allow you to upload rar files, then change the .rar extention to .html or .avi or .Anything and have whoever dloads change it back to .rar before uncompressing! This not only will allow you to host it, but will vaguely protect from leaches! I mean, no one will believe that a vid can be a huge .html file lol so that must work!

yg60m
04-18-2004, 03:33 AM
Hehehe, always good advises DeMoN :D

Erez
04-18-2004, 03:51 AM
yeah.. only one problem.. 1MB file limit.. 240MB vid..
i'll give it a quick go.. who knows..

(still let me know if yiu know a good host! anybody!)

Erez
04-18-2004, 03:55 AM
thank god for ACDSEE!! renamed all the parts in 10 secs! :D

now lets see if it works!

*EDIT* - nop.. doesn't work.. when upload is done only one file is there the name got shorten, and sized at 34KB (1MB original..)

i'm really clueless... :?

Erez
04-18-2004, 04:13 AM
K!! some good news! :D 0catch has accepted the files! now let see how i make it last.. with a little luck this is it! :D

*EDIT* - :twisted: :twisted: :( it accepts one file.. and the next one overwrites it.. (even they have differnt names..) the old one is gone... this is bullshit!
i just hope i will get it eventually!!

Erez
04-18-2004, 05:12 AM
sorry for all the posts.. does anyone know if hostultra.com is any good? if it is could someone please make me an account with username- only4jw ? it won't let me setup an account cause of where i live.. (kinda dumb thing imo...)

thanks!

TT
04-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Erez, really, it would be so much simpler to spend 10 USD a month and be able to upload even a single file 1 GB big :D free host = pain in the ass, slow speeds and various other problems...

Erez
04-18-2004, 05:55 AM
i know... trust me! but i need to see that i'll have use for it.. + my current internet adsl cost me around $10 USD a month.. :) so before i double my internet bill (LOL!) i just want to see if i have use for it you know... plus i wont let these assholes beat me!! i will find a way! oh yes i will!! :lol: :roll:

but i'm sure i'll get one soon anyway :D

TT
04-18-2004, 05:58 AM
You pay 10 USD for your DSL?!? Hell LOL, I pay around 55 for mine! And I add to this the 10 USD needed for the website ;)

I really hope you will find a way to "abuse" a free host ;) but the day you will finally make the step toward a "true" host, you will laugh at free ones :D

Erez
04-18-2004, 06:03 AM
lol.. yeah i notice adsl here is cheap unlike the rest of the world.. i'll upgrade it soon to 2.5MB... should be much better...

whats your host? could you give me some details?

there are SO many hosts out there.. that mad!

Erez
04-18-2004, 06:54 AM
how is this one?
sound great to me!
http://www.globat.com/packages/index.php?packages=budgetPackage

amazing IMO!! :D

TT
04-18-2004, 07:50 AM
No, it's to much IMO! I don't trust hosts offering unlimited transfer rates or even such high values for so few bucks! That could mean slow speeds because they host lot of people on the same machine..

My host (http://hosting.infomaniak.ch/) is in the range I still trust: 1 GB of space and 40 GB for transfers. It's a Swiss host, and that's why I chosed them: I can phone them and get answers in a glimpse. The best is always to find an host in your country.. I used 2 or 3 US hosts and never was 100% satisfied, especially when troubles arised...

Anyway, IMO when they offer so much for so low, there should be something like server overload or such.. or at least they simply count on the fact 90% of their customers won't use more than 10% of the limits.. but it's still a risk...

Erez
04-19-2004, 06:03 AM
i will keep looking here.. but who knows..
(BTW, what do you host? i dont think i've seen vids? or maybe i just didn't notice? lol)

TT
04-19-2004, 08:24 AM
i will keep looking here.. but who knows..
(BTW, what do you host? i dont think i've seen vids? or maybe i just didn't notice? lol)

Yes for sure you missed them. I host vids every now and then in the download club and the last two were absolutely GREAT IMO ;) (thanks to yg60)

Erez
04-19-2004, 08:33 AM
well since 125 is only 125MB wanna host the rest of the parts? :) 224 of them.. :D
:wink:

TT
04-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Ok, MSN then ;)

fishfreek
04-19-2004, 11:16 AM
For $5/mo I can give you 500MB disk and 5gig bandwidth. For $10/mo I can give you 1gig disk and 10gig bandwidth.

Real server, no restrictions as far as hotlinking.

Only thing you need is your own domain. They can be picked up for under $10/year.

Contact RC45 if you want a reference as he uses my server for hosting.

Erez
04-19-2004, 11:20 AM
can you do a custom one? cause i wont need more then 500MB but i would need around 10gig or so of bandwidth...
(can't use a /myname or something? or can i use a .co.il.. anything?)

Thanks!

RC45
04-19-2004, 01:39 PM
For $5/mo I can give you 500MB disk and 5gig bandwidth. For $10/mo I can give you 1gig disk and 10gig bandwidth.

Real server, no restrictions as far as hotlinking.

Only thing you need is your own domain. They can be picked up for under $10/year.

Contact RC45 if you want a reference as he uses my server for hosting.

I sure do - and now that I am a "reference" - do I get that $5,000 referral bonus... ;) :lol:

fishfreek
04-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I can do custom packages but bandwidth is the where the costs are. Right now im still losing money on the server so I cant do 10gigs for any less than $10.