PDA

View Full Version : Saleen...

ludwig14
04-13-2004, 11:54 AM
What do you think of them, is it worth the money? also know if any 351 versions are available on the market today since they were discuntinued in 99?

ludwig14
04-13-2004, 01:53 PM
anyone?

nthfinity
04-13-2004, 02:27 PM
ALL-NEW 2004 SALEEN SR PROVIDES ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE

SR Blends High Performance With Race Technology

The 2004 SR from Saleen takes "street performance" to its ultimate.

With an energizing 505 horsepower from its 4.6 liter centrifugal Saleen series V “Twin Screw” type Supercharged V-8 engine and a Saleen Racecraft designed independent rear suspension, the SR takes curves with the same force as it does straightaways.

"We've used our racing experience on the track and adapted this technology in the engineering of the SR to create the ultimate street performance vehicle," said Steve Saleen, president and founder of Saleen Inc. "The SR goes from 0-60 mph 'very quickly' and hits a quarter mile speed 'very fast.'"

The 2004 SR is highlighted by Saleen's 4.6-liter Ford-based engine producing 505 hp and 500 lbs of torque mated to a Saleen six-speed transmission. A custom Saleen drive shaft leads to an IRS differential system at a gear ratio of 3.55:1. Braking is through 14.4" front rotors with four-piston calipers. Rear brakes are 13.0" metallic discs with four-piston calipers. Unibody construction features a complete roll cage and suspension reinforcement system. A refined Saleen Racecraft suspension includes independent uneven length double wishbones with Saleen N2 triple adjustable shocks and adjustable sway bars in the front and a Saleen-designed push-pull Independent rear suspension. The SR also includes power assisted rack and pinion steering. Additional features include race inspired seats and a white instrument gauge cluster with a 200 mph speedometer.

The Saleen SR boasts exterior aerodynamic refinements beyond the base complete body panels of the Saleen S281, including a specialty-designed composite hood, composite rear bodywork and underbody tunnel. The SR was wind-tunnel tuned at Lockheed-Martin's full-size tunnel in Marietta, Georgia. The SR comes standard with 18" wheels and Pirelli P-Zero tires. Every body part is unique to the Saleen SR, with the exception of the windows.

The Saleen SR is available as a coupe only. The retail price for the Saleen SR starts at $150,000. Like all Saleen vehicles, the 2004 SR is available only at Saleen Certified Ford Dealers nationwide.

Saleen manufacturing facilities include complete research, engineering, design and assembly capability. The Saleen SR meets all the same Federal government regulations as those of large automobile manufacturers, and come with a full factory warranty.

SR COUPE
ENGINE
4.6L Saleen Centrifugal Supercharged OHV 90 degree V-8
Horsepower - 505 @ 5400 / Torque - 500 ft. lbs. @ 3500
Compression ratio 8.2:1 / Bore and stroke - 4.00" x 3.50"
Sequential electronic fuel-injection
65 mm throttle body
Saleen upper/lower manifold
80 mm mass-air sensor
36 lb./hr. fuel injectors
Hydraulic roller camshaft and lifters
Forged aluminum pistons, aluminum heads
Saleen ceramic coated headers
Saleen 2.5" stainless steel 4-way catalytic high flow exhaust
High flow fuel pump
Premium fuel calibration
Saleen high performance radiator

DRIVETRAIN
Saleen Quick Ratio 6-speed manual transmission
Ford 9" Limited Slip differential
Custom balanced driveshaft

SUSPENSION
Front: Saleen independent uneven length double wishbone with Saleen N2 triple adjustable shocks and adjustable sway bars
Rear: Saleen 3 link live axle with sway bar
Performance Enhancements: Unibody construction with roll cage and suspension reinforcement, power assisted rack and pinion steering

BRAKES
Power 4-wheel ABS disc brakes with integrated cooling ducts
Front: Saleen 14.4" metallic disc with 4-piston calipers
Rear: Saleen 13.0" metallic disc with 4-piston calipers

WHEELS
Saleen five spoke alloy wheels
Front 18" x 10"
Rear 18" x 11"

TIRES
High performance Pirelli PZero,
Front: P285/30 ZR-18
Rear: P335/30 ZR-18

Saleen SR Coupe Base Price:
$175,000.00
http://www.sccapro.com/wc/images/saleen-sr-2.jpg
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/LAAUTO2000/mwsaleen15.jpg

i couldnt find good pictures of the new one, however major differences to note; the pictured car is the one you are asking about with a 351 OHV supercharged engine. both cars put out the same power figures; however the new one has more optoins such as having shorter gear ratios.
the current SR has "only" a 4.6 ford block. also, the previous model cost 158,000$ usd

TOP Speed: 202 Mph
0-60: 4.0 Seconds
1/4 Mile: 11.8 Sec
Lateral G: 1.09

Fleischmann
04-13-2004, 02:31 PM
The exterior mods aren't to my liking, it makes it look rice. The front is disgusting. and it costs way too much, IMO it sucks!!

oscargarza88
04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
me neither, it may handle and perform very very good, but it looks more as a..... i dont know what, but not a mustang

SPEEDKILLAR
04-13-2004, 05:20 PM
One word: UGLY :( :( :( :( :( :(

nthfinity
04-13-2004, 10:21 PM
i personally like the looks.... seems much more agressive then the MGSV... and i have seen 1 in my life back in 2001... it was incredibly fast...

however, for the same price (actually cheaper) id buy a new Ford GT, but thats just me

hemi_fan
04-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Now thats one hell of a modded mustang! IMO, I'd probably go for their mid-range mustang, not the low end one, and not this insane one. The middle man is the best fo rme :D

Schwalbe
04-14-2004, 01:07 AM
From the back, this Saleen SR looks really good !

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/LAAUTO2000/mwsaleen15.jpg

PATo355
04-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Ugly Ugly ugly , just a previous generation mustang

ludwig14
04-14-2004, 02:16 PM
i like th eback alot but the fron of the car needs a change! but as far as a 150k mustang i really dont know about that id take a sl65 over it ne day or a gt2

SilverPhoenix
04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
front looks like some1 took a fox body and bred it with the new style, and bam ugly duckling.

ludwig14
04-15-2004, 03:03 PM
i guess its just the fortune ofliving so darn close to saleen that you get to see everything up close and personal! if i could aford to do the rear without having to do the fron it would have been done years ago! i love the doors i love the back, but why the hell did the light and the nose need to be extened soo dam far.

ludwig14
04-15-2004, 03:18 PM
anyone here have a s 351 i dont know why but lately ive been reading a lot about them and their suppose to be one of the funnest cars around today( for their price of course)

nthfinity
04-15-2004, 04:16 PM
just look at the pictures above, the SR pre-2004 is the S 351 ... that is the beauty of reading rather then looking at pictures :wink:

if anybody has one here, which im fairly sure they dont, it would be in the what you drive or ride section