PDA

View Full Version : New camcorder!!

ferrari550
04-11-2004, 10:42 PM
i just bought a brand new hitachi camcorder for my trip to montreal to see the GP!!!

take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.hitachi.ca/product_details.asp?PID=275&LID=16

i know it is only the origanal website, but until i get my canon s200 back from a friend, i cannot take a picture of it.

SFDMALEX
04-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Cool. How much was it???

And you know you'll have to share some GP vids with us :wink:

oscargarza88
04-11-2004, 11:39 PM
its soo cool how u just tape diretly to the dvd!

TT
04-12-2004, 06:10 AM
Dang I had my last camcorder years ago.. now only digi-cameras... now you make me desire a new one :D

This one seems cool :) how much you can recorder on a single disc in good quality?

Fleischmann
04-12-2004, 09:04 AM
My parents have a very old shit camcorder, made by Sony, but it refuses to cooperate. Still, this doesn't stop me from taping cars. Last year I was in Italy and I saw a Diablo, 911 Turbo and a Ferrari (some older model, I think it was the 308) standing on a guarded carpark. My mum forgot to take the photocamera, so the camcorder saved my day.

ferrari550
04-12-2004, 09:37 AM
i will definatly share some GP vids when i get them!!!!
The camcorder was $799 canadian, it was the last one futureshop in canada had because they had all the new models coming out. My friend bought the same one over christmas and it was $1199 or $1299, not sure which, but i got a good deal.

The dvd feature is what i like about it soo much, no rewinding or anything. It is so easy to play something that you just recorded, just click the thumbnail on the screen and it plays.

and with recording onto the dvd, there are the 2 types, the DVD-R & the DVD-RAM, the dvd-r you can record on the one side with a max time of 60min or minimum of 30min, depending on quality.
The DVD-RAM is great, you can record on both sides of the disc. Maximun time of up to 2hours(both sides) and a minimun of 40min(both sides), the 40 min is called "extra fine quality mode"
The thing i like about it is that you can record on the DVD-RAM disc, transfer it to my computer, erase the disc and use it over again.

Fpedro
04-12-2004, 11:32 PM
nice camcorder :)

I did a similar thing a last year, bought an end of line sony for almost half its normal price :D

FoxFour
04-18-2004, 06:54 PM
I am going to look at the Sony DVD camcorders soon. Only real question I have is; if you are recording in a moving car or something like that, will the recording get messed up due to bumps in the road;etc?

ferrari550
04-27-2004, 10:44 PM
I am going to look at the Sony DVD camcorders soon. Only real question I have is; if you are recording in a moving car or something like that, will the recording get messed up due to bumps in the road;etc?

sorry it took so long to respond fox four, and you have a very good question. i have not tried it out enough to know that right now but i will post it as soon as i do.
one thing i can tell you is that my friend has the exact same camara and he handles it pretty roughly and his videos turn out fine.