PDA

View Full Version : Ford GT 40

Erdmann
04-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Hi,
yesterday I drove around in our City and saw this little nice car. I nearly had an accident because I had to stop to make a photo of it. The quality is not that good because I took the photo with my Handy. But watch, this car was only a little bit higher than my knees.

http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/Ford GT 40.JPG

callen
04-05-2004, 07:39 AM
http://www.freepixhosting.com/uploadedfiles/Ford%20GT%2040.JPG

Fixed :D !

Porsche_Cayenne
04-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Ehi, that's a shit colour! :D

Anyway that's an incredible car, and ur handy isn't so bad ;)

( the ford gt's plate is personalized, right? )

No.1
04-05-2004, 07:58 AM

No, its a great colour. The Gulf livery of the late 60's Fords. How can you not like it??

Porsche_Cayenne
04-05-2004, 08:13 AM

No, its a great colour. The Gulf livery of the late 60's Fords. How can you not like it??

maybe because the photo isn't very definite. . . mah, I don't like this colour, I'd prefer a simple red & white

TT
04-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Well the GT40 HAS to be in that Gulf colors IMO.

I wonder if it's a replica or a real one

Erez
04-05-2004, 11:02 AM

i agree! its the best! this is the only way i would buy mine! ;)
what a beautiful car!

Erez
04-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Well the GT40 HAS to be in that Gulf colors IMO.

I wonder if it's a replica or a real one

i agree! and it seems real to me! and i've seen lots of replicas! i would piss my self if i saw it in person for sure!

DeMoN
04-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Thought this pic was going ot be of the new one. I would love to see this car in real life. I know it is one of the smallest (in height) ever!

Erdmann
04-05-2004, 01:10 PM
It is a real Ford GT 40, but the engline is not original anymore. The guy who owns the Car told me that he put a 5 l V8 under the bonnet with 380 bhp. Not as much as the original ( 450 bhp ) but still much power. The rest of the car is original. And the funniest thing about it is, if you are sitting in a SUV or another big Car and it stops beside you at a traffic light, you wouldn´t see it. this car was so loooow. Incredible. Maybe I can mke a little tour with the guy :D

Porsche_Cayenne
04-05-2004, 01:49 PM
if you are sitting in a SUV or another big Car and it stops beside you at a traffic light, you wouldn´t see it. this car was so loooow. Incredible.

lol that's incredible :shock:

RC45
04-05-2004, 02:32 PM
It is a real Ford GT 40, but the engline is not original anymore. The guy who owns the Car told me that he put a 5 l V8 under the bonnet with 380 bhp. Not as much as the original ( 450 bhp ) but still much power. The rest of the car is original. And the funniest thing about it is, if you are sitting in a SUV or another big Car and it stops beside you at a traffic light, you wouldn´t see it. this car was so loooow. Incredible. Maybe I can mke a little tour with the guy :D

SInce you got to speak to the owner, how about getting some nice all-round pics next time.. ;)

Without making him mad of course.. :D

Erdmann
04-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Hehe, at first I haven´t seen him anymore since I took the picture. It was in front of his garage in an Industriel area. He has some nice cars. There was also a Cobra Replica. BUt I hope in the summer when the weather is better I will meet him there. I drive there every day to watch if he is there but I do not see him :(
I guess he owns or owned a Lambo Diabolo, because once ago ( 2years) I saw a Diabolo standing htere too.
We will see, I want to ask him if can drive with him in the ford and then I will record it with my Digi-Camcorder.

I still search for a pll who lets me host my vids of our ride with the Porsche 911 and some VIds of my Mini...

nthfinity
04-05-2004, 02:52 PM
sounds most excellent. i know this is at least a month or more off, but im getting a tour of the SVT garage where the GT is built... i will do my best to make sure JW knows how its doing. i love the car, and have seen ONE driving...... holy crap is it georgous :) (its 4 inches taller then the original, so not quite as low lol)

corvette97
04-05-2004, 03:18 PM
i cant see shit :( :( :(

RC45
04-05-2004, 04:40 PM
i cant see shit :( :( :(

Because it is FreePixHosted -- or not.. depending how you look at it... ;)

callen
04-05-2004, 05:21 PM
it was working before when i fixed the link....maybe freepix is down AGAIN!?

nurbrun
04-05-2004, 06:40 PM
i dont really give a damn its a GT40

corvette97
04-05-2004, 08:04 PM
i guess u do, if u didnt u wouldnt even bother to enter a topic with GT40 name!!!

asshole!

RC45
04-05-2004, 08:08 PM
i guess u do, if u didnt u wouldnt even bother to enter a topic with GT40 name!!!

asshole!

Wow - and I thought Geekdiggy and I were pricks.. :shock:

nurbrun
04-05-2004, 11:03 PM

asshole!

i ment the color thing :shock:

Erdmann
04-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey guys, don´t be so agressive. The only thing I can say is: At first the colour is the original colour from ford in which most of the GT 40 were painted. It is like Ferrari, which are mostly red. And then I didn´t post the photo to talk about colours or something else...Look at the Car guys,...WATCH IT....fuck on the colour.

This car could be pink, neon-yellow and green and I still would find it amazing.

corvette97
04-06-2004, 03:05 PM
yeah but still i cant see the pic

RC45
04-06-2004, 03:23 PM
yeah but still i cant see the pic

Now it's my turn to be a prick...

You can't see the picture because it was hosted atr FreePix Dot Com that was shut down yesterday.

Don't you pay attention to anything around you?

We only had a thread on this very topic for the last 2 days.... :roll: :roll:

...besides - in the post below your first post in this thread I alreday told you about FreePixHosting... jeeeez - :roll: :roll:

:twisted: :D