PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Carrera GT news:

st-anger
08-05-2003, 04:13 AM
the release of the Porsche Carrera GT is near, and the time is running for the testing crew with its chief test driver Walther Röhrl. according to Mr.Röhrl the CGT is 95% done and only some fine adjustement
at the shock absorbers and the roof has to be done.
so here are the latest ( official ) infos about the CGT from "the god" Walther Röhrl...
this is what he said after the very last test drive on the Nordschleife before the CGT is ready for series production:
the CGT is really competitive on the nordschleife due to his stiffness, low center of gravity, mid engine layout and the aerodynamics. pushing the CGT to its limit is very tricky, so Röhrl advises the customers not to switch the traction control off otherwise "the seriousness of life starts". he adds that the CGT is able to smoke the special package Michelin tyres up to 70mph. these tyres were exclusively designed for the CGT which are also the first production tyres with two separate rubber compounds , a softer outer optimized for handling, and a more durable inner designed for wear.
on the other hand reaching the top speed of 205mph is an easy task and even driving at that speeds without getting in trouble is possible. the driving comfort can be compared with a GT3.
any challengers??? not a single word about the Enzo but the EB16/4 might be even better than the CGT...maybe not on the Nordschleife....
finally here`s is something for the Enzo`s, EB16/4`s...:
top speed "Döttinger Höhe" ( up to now ):192mph ( 575M: 177mph, ZondaS:173mph, GT2:176mph )
lap time: 7:37 ( ZondaS: 07:44, Murc: 07:50, GT2: 07:46, 575M: 08:05 )
but Röhrl added: "i haven`t been driving seriously for a top lap time, i think it`s possible to do a lap under 07:30"

here are the pics to the topic:
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/st/1.JPG

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/st/2.JPG

and here are some new CGT pics :shock: :
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/st/CGT%20track_1.JPG

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/st/CGT%20track_2.JPG

again thx to jabba for hosting the pics... 8)

TT
08-05-2003, 04:27 AM
I can't wait for the Carrera GT to hit the showrooms and for evo to test it!

And even if Enzo vs Carrera GT vs Veyron seems to me a strange group test, beeing the cars so different, I can't wait for it :D I suppose the Enzo will be victorious, but well, the Carrera GT, compared to the Enzo is a massproduction car :P and it's more affordable ;) while the Veyron is a non-sense for me...

novass
08-05-2003, 05:12 AM
i cant wait to see the GT! i added the mod for GTA3 and its just makin me more impatient!

wizard
08-05-2003, 08:39 AM
anyone knows when exactly we can see GT and veyron on on car dealers around the world...?

stracing
08-05-2003, 08:55 AM
i love the engine cover...it looks like two turbines are hidden under it

st-anger
08-05-2003, 09:08 AM
...don`t know about the EB16/4 but the CGT sould be "in stores" shortly after the IAA in Frankfurt ( 11-21.09.2003 ) where the production version is presentated. but i`m afraid you won`t see so many CGT`s at the dealer`s places just some real sportscars dealers like this on
http://www.autosalon-singen.de/auto-salon.cfm?languageID=GB
will have one.
people who buy a CGT`ll do that directely in Leipzig where they`ll get an introduction and they can do a few laps on the circuit there.
even customers from usa or asia will come to Leipzig because the delivery of the CGT in Leipzig is a unique experience, even for ppl who are able ( $$$ ) to buy one.

dis3as3d
08-05-2003, 11:23 AM
i love the engine cover...it looks like two turbines are hidden under it

you can have the engine covers, GIVE ME THE ENGINE :D

Johns
08-05-2003, 12:19 PM
excellent pics! thanks :D I hope I see this car on the street, I would cream my pants :lol:

666fast
08-05-2003, 03:35 PM
I suppose it being tricky to drive might mean that Porsche won't take it to LeMans. I was really hoping they would. Either way, it's a seriously awesome car and I can't wait for more vids of it to pop up on the internet. I'd love to have a video of it doing a lap on the Nordschleife!

dis3as3d
08-05-2003, 11:21 PM
I keep looking at those exhaust tips... I wana hear that beast roar 8)

possessed_beaver
08-05-2003, 11:47 PM
very impressive indeed!!!!!

geez
*places order*

st-anger
08-06-2003, 06:33 AM
I suppose it being tricky to drive might mean that Porsche won't take it to LeMans.

lol you missunderstood that....
it`s tricky to drive for a novice and not for a pro race driver like Röhrl...
so he advises all the customers not to switch traction control or ESP off...otherwise it`s gonna be a bit expensive :lol:

ferrari550
08-27-2003, 09:45 PM
i can't wait for a comparison:
carrera GT
ENZO
mclaren F1
Pagani c12 s
koenigsegg
Edonis
Bugatti veyron
I would like to see a 5 hour top gear special on this!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

AlienDB7
08-27-2003, 10:37 PM
I heard the Veyron got delayed again......

Bugatti's president to exit in wake of continued Veyron delays

By GREG KABLE

Storm clouds are gathering over the Bugatti EB16.4 Veyron. Word out of Germany is that Bugatti president Karl-Heinz Neumann has received his walking papers from parent company Volkswagen's chairman Bernd Pischetsreider as a consequence of the supercar's launch delay.

Originally due to go into limited production earlier this year, the Veyron now appears unlikely to reach customers until this time next year -- some 12 months behind schedule. Nothing's official just yet, though Volkswagen sources say moves are already afoot to replace Neumann, who has headed Bugatti since plans for the Veyron were first announced in 2000.

German press reports suggest Bentley and Volkswagen Motorsport boss, Franz-Josef Paefgen, may be brought in to steer the new car's final development, although an official announcement is unlikely to be made until the Frankfurt motor show in early September. Problems with the reliability of the Veyron's complex 8.0-litre, W-16 engine and seven-speed gearbox are said to be behind the launch delay.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=09486838

AblativE
08-28-2003, 12:18 AM
that car looks perfect in black

i reckon it's the best looking car ever made, followed by the db7 and mclaren

i HOPE HOPE HOPE DREAM that top gear will be reviewing this car and take it around the track

PLEASE GOD

Chingachgook
08-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ferrari550
carrera GT
ENZO
mclaren F1
Pagani c12 s
koenigsegg
Edonis
Bugatti veyron
I would like to see a 5 hour top gear special on this!!!!!!!!!

I hope those cars will be also test by Evo Magazine.
It'll be fantastic! :shock: :lol: :P :P :P