PDA

View Full Version : 2Fast 2Furious [minor spoilers]

maalox
06-11-2003, 12:40 AM
Ok, I'm just back from seeing the movie, and I have to admit it met every one of my expectations--and that is by no means good.

The car scenes were glitzy but hopelessly unrealistic. Without saying too much, I will ask: bridge?!

And Tyrese drove a wack-ass Eclipse convertible (the new FWD kind) with rediculous 20 inch rims. The blond dude's Evo/Skyline were ok, although you never really saw them doing anything that amazing looking--everything looked touched up by CG.

Anyway, the movie wasn't all bad--it was fine for some cheap n' dirty entertainment. But I think its biggest mistake is that it's not really a car movie, it just has a lot of cars in it. Most of the emphasis is on the whole underworld crime fighting theme.

Thoughts?

SplitVision8
06-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Tyreese was a good touch to the movie...he was pretty funny at times ("We hungry") and the bridge scene you're talking about seemed a little too far fetched...i don't think anyone would have been able to drive away like that
The plot in this one was much better than the first and they didn't seem to focus on the cars as much - i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing
Overall I thought it was a good movie, plenty of action and that FBI chick kept me watching the whole way through

possessed_beaver
06-11-2003, 01:05 AM
that chick was actualy in customs, anyway

WTF IS THAT STUPID THING THEY SHOOT AT CARS!!!!
omg that thing is so stupid does it exist, what's it ment to be!

SilviaS15Cwest
06-11-2003, 04:09 AM
Between the bridge scene and the electric things they shot at the cars it really ruined it. The first one was better. I didnt catch them saying anything dumb in this one though. Example: "You're lucky you didnt blow the welds on your intake!"

Flawless
06-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Might as well tell the whole story now :(

possessed_beaver
06-13-2003, 02:30 PM

ok.. at the end of the movie, paul walker anounces he is gay, and drives off in a hyundai excel

SplitVision8
06-13-2003, 02:39 PM

ok.. at the end of the movie, paul walker anounces he is gay, and drives off in a hyundai excel

hahaha that's funny as hell...could be true though :shock:

Flawless
06-13-2003, 11:52 PM
I dont want to know the real paul, I want to know him in the movie :roll:

maalox
06-14-2003, 02:47 PM
[SPOILERS] What the man above said is 100% true.

Flawless
06-14-2003, 11:27 PM
The man above me has seen the light.