PDA

View Full Version : My Porsche 911 toys!!!

DJF1
04-02-2004, 04:28 AM
Hi all! Newbie here and these are my toys!

1995 993 RS clone race car:
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/side2_copy2.jpg

1995 993 Carrera 2 street queen with her sister:
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/sisters_front_copy1.jpg

deth
04-02-2004, 04:32 AM
wow.....and *interesting* splitter, but nice cars in any case!

DJF1
04-02-2004, 04:45 AM
wow.....and *interesting* splitter, but nice cars in any case!

Thanks deth! The splitter is very unique! It actually has kind of a history so to speak as it was mounted in 1998 at the 24 hours of Daytona on the Reiser Callas RSR. The team made two bumpers for the RSR, mine is the actual one raced and the other one is owned by a friend. The space you see in the middle which is covered by glass it was made to accomodate the Hella additional lights for the race. The aluminum part is providing more downforce and also provides plenty of air for the side mounted oil coolers which on an aircooled 911 its the lifeblood really. My temps while racing used to climb to 10 oclock on very hot days, now they barely reach the 9 oclock mark. big difference really.
One last note on this, my mechanic who is the "Callas" of the Reiser Callas part, nearly fainted when he received the bumper! I bought it from Joel Reiser and did not tell anything to my mechanic. When Joel sent it over my mechanic was floored as he was the one who actually fabricated that bumper back then!!! Small world indeed ha?

DR.GONZO
04-02-2004, 05:04 AM
nice porsche's any vids? That black one looks like it scoots :D

TT
04-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Nice cars dude! Don't you happen to have a nice shot with both of them on a nice location in high-res to be used as desktop? They are perfect one beside the other!

novass
04-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Nice cars! Funny story about the bumper too.

DJF1
04-02-2004, 05:28 AM
Nice cars dude! Don't you happen to have a nice shot with both of them on a nice location in high-res to be used as desktop? They are perfect one beside the other!

wow...I'm fluttered! Unfortunately it takes two drivers to stage a shot like this... I only have pics of both in the garage... Maybe one day!
Here are a couple more from the rear:

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/sisters_rear_copy1.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/imgp1363_medium.jpg

TT
04-02-2004, 05:36 AM
LOL you are right about the two drivers thing ;) to drive and, come back by feet and take the second on the location would be a mess indeed :D

Is the C2 Cabrio your daily drive or do you own also something "normal"? :D

deth
04-02-2004, 05:39 AM
i selflessly voulenteer myself to be that unfortunate second driver :mrgreen: the things i do for JW :roll:

DJF1
04-02-2004, 05:39 AM
A couple of pics from the interior:

Race car:

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/imgp1367_medium.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/imgp0887_medium.jpg

Cabrio:

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/imgp1351_medium.jpg
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/imgp1355_medium.jpg

DJF1
04-02-2004, 05:46 AM
LOL you are right about the two drivers thing ;) to drive and, come back by feet and take the second on the location would be a mess indeed :D

Is the C2 Cabrio your daily drive or do you own also something "normal"? :D

LOL...Here is a pic of the "normal" car getting some exercise! Funny thing I do not really have any pics done!!! She is my "daily" driver. Its an 1998 M3 cabrio with an auto box:

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/imgp0963_medium.jpg

ported_head
04-02-2004, 05:54 AM
you are a lucky man, my friend. not one but 2 porsches and a bmw. someday i aspire to be just like you. the front bumper history is though really something else.

TT
04-02-2004, 06:30 AM
M3 E36 are always damn cute dude!! You :D to bad for the auto tranny maybe... but well, still great car!

cho_888
04-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Nice to see the pics! great cars, all of them. Congradulations

irrational_i
04-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Very nice indeed! Although I have to sympathise with what I assume to be bumpers for american legislation? Why are they on the racecar? Do you drive it on normal roads then?
If so, I assume you have to handle many idiots trying to prove they can drive...

gis
04-02-2004, 08:02 AM
nice pics and nice cars.all of them.the M3 is still nice witht he auto box :D

DJF1
04-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Very nice indeed! Although I have to sympathise with what I assume to be bumpers for american legislation? Why are they on the racecar? Do you drive it on normal roads then?
If so, I assume you have to handle many idiots trying to prove they can drive...

Thanks all of you guys for your kind words! These cars have been a lifelong dream of mine ( that is why I'm broke! LOL) and I'm very fortunate to be able to have them. The auto box by the way on the M3 is very nice in heavy traffic which is where the car spends a lot of time. I too I'm not a big fan of the auto boxes but in this case its not bad at all.

Irrational you are correct in your observations. I run with PCA ( Porsche club of America) in stock class and according to the rules visually the car has to be as delivered from the manufacturer for the model and the year. The car has been converted from a normal Carrera 2 to RS 3.8 specs and the only "freedom" you have visually is the front and rear spoilers up to a certain extend. So visually I have kept it "stock". The "major" allowable mods on the car lie in the suspension which is full monoballs and JRZ triple adjustable shocks with eibach pro springs.
I also do keep the plates on the car for insurance purposes but rarely drive it on the street. With close to 1000lbs springs its very very stiff and extremely loud to be comfortably driven on the streets. The only time I do is when I visit my local race track for a DE event, which is close to my house. You are also correct about idiots trying to "race" me everytime I drive it... I used to have the same wing on the cabrio too and I was getting a ton of attention, but as this is not my cup of tea and I really have nothing to prove on the streets, so I took the wing off. For me racing should be kept on track only and that is where I get my "kicks" so to speak. Not on the streets :)

st-anger
04-02-2004, 11:35 AM
....always nice to see another Porsche enthusiast :D
especially of the 993 series :wink:

BADMIHAI
04-03-2004, 02:30 AM
Very nice cars! 8) 8) I'm glad to see a (apparently) non-bullshitter. Alot of BS artists have been posting here, so people are skeptical.

coombsie66
04-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Very nice cars, youve got to get sum video footage of you at the track up, that would be awsome.

DJF1
04-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Very nice cars, youve got to get sum video footage of you at the track up, that would be awsome.

I actually have video footage from my in car camera. Problem is that the footage is in VHS format (the original is in High 8) so I really do not know who to convert it to be viewed on the computer as I'm a bit of an idiot concerning these kind of things! If you can give me direction of how to do it I would be glad to convert it and upload it .

deth
04-03-2004, 10:33 PM
well, a tv in card to your computer would do the trick. although i'm sure i've heard of some stores offering to digitize videos....only problem is i cant remember where :roll:

sameerrao
04-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Simply stunning!

How much does the RS weigh and what's the horsepower??

I like the fact that you have 993s - they are my second favorite P-cars after the 73 Carrera - I think they look cool and are a little challenging to drive. Today's 996s are really competent but i think some of the fun has been engineered out of them...

DJF1
04-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Simply stunning!

How much does the RS weigh and what's the horsepower??

I like the fact that you have 993s - they are my second favorite P-cars after the 73 Carrera - I think they look cool and are a little challenging to drive. Today's 996s are really competent but i think some of the fun has been engineered out of them...

Factory RS weighs around 2800lbs and the posted HP is 300.

I agree the 996 has a longer chassis which produced a better track car for sure but not as demanding as a 993. On street trim the 996 is softer for sure but the GT3 is a proper 911, for me the way a 911 should be. Hopefully one day i will add one to my stable :D

Silvia_Drift
04-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Those are amazing cars man!! Are your a professional race car driver or do you just do that as a hobby?

DJF1
04-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Those are amazing cars man!! Are your a professional race car driver or do you just do that as a hobby?

LOL... thanks... A pro driver? not by a long shot... This is just a hobby, a passion as I call it. I do race with the Porsche Club of America which is an amatuer organization much like SCCA etc. I wish I could turn pro but at my age and the funding required it is impossible. Still even at this level the fun factor is trementous and there is a ton of competition in the different classes. For more info check out www.pca.org and look the club racing section.

itsthepham
04-10-2004, 10:18 PM
duuuuuuuuuuude... you got some sick ass cars. Hows the performance with that 993 race car?

DJF1
04-14-2004, 11:28 AM
duuuuuuuuuuude... you got some sick ass cars. Hows the performance with that 993 race car?

Thanks... performance difference is actually huge between the cabrio which is stock and the race car. I do not have any actual performance numbers but the race car is a screamer for sure. It pulls on all gears like there is no tomorrow and while I have not tried a top end run , on long straights at the track I frequently see 150mph with ease. To give you an example, coming off with about the same exit speed on to the main straight of a race track in TX on my stock cabrio I would upshift to 4th gear before the start finish line , while with the race car almost on the same spot I'm upshifting to 5th from 4th... its a huge difference indeed.
If I get around to get a G pro or something I may get some real time data and post them

jon_s
04-17-2004, 02:49 AM
nice cars specially the race clone with the Sparco's and also i think the 993 Convertable would look better as a coupe but theyre still really beautiful

N.J.
04-17-2004, 04:37 AM
Hi all! Newbie here and these are my toys!

1995 993 RS clone race car:
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/side2_copy2.jpg

1995 993 Carrera 2 street queen with her sister:
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/sisters_front_copy1.jpg

Like the black one mate :wink:

p.s

Do you like my pic on the left - 1996 Porsche 911 (993) Turbo?

DJF1
04-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Like the black one mate :wink:

p.s

Do you like my pic on the left - 1996 Porsche 911 (993) Turbo?

Thanks! Its midnight blue!, I like your avatar 993 Turbo or 993 C4S with Turbo Aero package?

teto
04-25-2004, 09:39 PM
nice cars...since when do you have them? and yes it would help a lot if you take some new ones in another location with other background... :D :D

DJF1
04-29-2004, 11:17 PM
nice cars...since when do you have them? and yes it would help a lot if you take some new ones in another location with other background... :D :D

I have my cabrio for 3 years now and my race car a year and half.
As for the location,,,, I know I know... :lol:

T.J. Detweiler
04-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Porsche... You are a very lucky man...

I prefer the cabrio... I once was inside of a carrera 4 and a loved the feelling

bobafett
05-01-2004, 02:13 AM
Your 993 RS clone looks hot! I have always been a fan of the original RS, and frankly, the 993 GT2 and RS cars are the only recent ones that have had any balls. The 996 GT2...it's not as scary as people think.

Sexy stuff indeed! And none of that my-grandmother-can-do-200-in-this crap either!

--Dan

jon_s
05-01-2004, 02:35 AM
VaROOM!