PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media and other proggy's dont work as they should

ARMAN
03-23-2004, 03:36 PM
I am not very good in PC's and need some assistane from some of you guys, there is lots of experts as I saw :wink:

After installing GeForce FX5200 128MB in my PC WinMedia9, DivX player, Poweer DVD player, video proggys stopped working as the should - how to explain that... the video is jumping every 2-3 seconds 5-10 seconds in front, so if you undestand - it is impossible to watch the video. Its going fast too, actually it looks like if you hold "forward" button on your VCR.
The only program that works normally is WINAMP (realmedea and quick time works fine too) but some files dont work with it. And in Winamp I play DivX coded vids just fine.
Also Rally Throphy dont work as should, it has simular problem as players.

Anyone know what to fix to make it work?

fishfreek
03-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Run thru ALL windows updates.

Update DirectX to the latest

Update your video drivers from the web not from the cd.

Update your virus files. Run a full virus scan on your system.

ARMAN
03-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Done, nothing changed http://www.arman.xz.cz/smilees/bawling2.gif

RC45
03-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Does the problem go away when you re-install your old video card? Perhaps your GeForce is overheating.

Oh - and just be sure to grab the latest Universal NVidia driver.

crazidude
03-23-2004, 07:59 PM
What was your video card before? Normally if you changed brand of video cards you should format or find a program that deletes all the traces of the previous video card.

ARMAN
03-24-2004, 04:40 AM
It was basic card that came with ASUS motherboard, ... I dont know how to turn it off and turn on that old one :? :oops: Drivers I have installed - no change. And this card has passive cooling(no ventilator).
As I say I am an amature in PCs :oops:

What proggie crazydude?

RC45
03-24-2004, 07:07 AM
What was your video card before? Normally if you changed brand of video cards you should format or find a program that deletes all the traces of the previous video card.

One word about the format after changing video adapters....

NO!

Next time do the following:

First set your windows system to 16 colour VGA BEFORE removing the old card.

Restart your system to verify the generic 16 colour drivers work.

Shut down - and remove the old card and/or disable any embedded display adapters on your mother board (check your manual) and install the new Video Card.

Power on - and add the correct drivers for your new card. For Nvida, download the latest Universal Drivers and be on your way.

Nothing to it ;)

ARMAN
03-24-2004, 07:47 AM
:shock: well... it is already installed, what should I do, what should I check? Mabe something in BIOS? :?
Describe it pleez as detiled as possible, I dont know all those terms 8) thanx :wink:

fishfreek
03-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Contact GeForce or look around for GeForce support websites that might have people who have experence simular problems with that specific card.

ARMAN
03-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanx. How havent I thougt about that :? Found one forum http://www.techsupportforums.com/index.php will try to find some help there, thanx fishfreek :wink:

Overmind
03-24-2004, 08:20 PM
well, I tried to google for an answer, but I only managed to find your question that www.techsupportforums.com :(

I dont know how to turn it off and turn on that old one :? :oops:

what do you mean by this?

ARMAN
03-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Does the problem go away when you re-install your old video card?
It was respond on this question, Overmind. Thanx for searching, I've found the same site :wink: