PDA

View Full Version : My car:Supercharged Levin

mofia77
03-19-2004, 03:22 AM
I take it this is an american or european site so very few of u may be familiar with the name 'levin'. It is basically a sporty version of the corolla...more aggressive styling..tho they tend to use similar powerplants..as toyota just love to put their masterpieces in everything :D ..
anyway...i own a 1996 levin which came w/ a 5a-fe which is a 1500cc plant which makes about 100 hp..i have since done an engine swap..substituting the lowly 1500 with a jdm spec map sensor 4agze..factory rated at 170 hp and 155 lb ft of torque..(a 145 hp version of this engine was at one time produced in the usdm mr2)...the car is fairly stock..and on a rolling dyno made ~140 whp and similar torque.. 8)
i'm still trying to find a site to upload my pics to so i can post them..ill update this when i do... :wink:

StanAE86
03-19-2004, 12:12 PM
My old car was an AE86 with an AE101 GZE motorswap. I took out the supercharger and put in a turbo though. Ripped off 230hp at the wheels on 14psi, but more likely 240+ hp in regular weather conditions because when I did the dyno run, it was very hot weather.

I'm sure you've heard of www.Club4AG.com then...?

mofia77
03-19-2004, 02:32 PM
To post pics try this: www.freepixhosting.com

I remember this car from the Gran Turismo videogame... but if you post some pics, it will refresh my memory.[/url]

thanks for the url..i'll post them when i get home tonite..

My old car was an AE86 with an AE101 GZE motorswap. I took out the supercharger and put in a turbo though. Ripped off 230hp at the wheels on 14psi, but more likely 240+ hp in regular weather conditions because when I did the dyno run, it was very hot weather.

I'm sure you've heard of www.Club4AG.com then...?

yeh i've heard of club4ag...i'm currently running on 8 psi w/ the stock s/c..tho i hope to eventually go up to as much as 17 psi on the SC14..(using the 25mm oversized pulley along with the SC14)..should put me into the 200+ whp club... :D

mofia77
03-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Engine Bay
http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/attachments/PB260006.jpg

Intercooler
http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/attachments/lvncoolerz.jpg

8)

SFDMALEX
03-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Dude you need to clean up that engine bay.

Tomerville
03-21-2004, 08:17 PM
AE86s and Levins are hot!

hemi_fan
03-21-2004, 10:05 PM
yeah, do you take it to any track days? cuz I see a lot of levins and AE86's drifting in vidz. And also do you have any pics of the whole car? it would be nice to see!

stracing
03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
i got to see the engine with my own eyes the other day, they are so tiny. i've got the sporty version of the corolla too but it has the 2zz-ge engine in it

hemi_fan
03-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Did they make RWD corrolas? and if they did, what year did they convert them to FWD? I think they should switch some of these smaller cars back to RWD because they are just soo much more fun that way!

VerderameJ
03-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Levins are too much fun. Small and light. With 140 hp you should really be able to have some fun throwing it around. Would be nice to see the rest of it. I agree with an eariler post though that you really should clean up that engine bay. Dirt is not so good for a motor...besides it will look very nice all shiny. :D
-Joseph Verderame
98 S70 with a few mods

mofia77
03-22-2004, 12:59 AM
..about cleaning up the engine bay..this pic was taken when the engine had just gone in..so no cleaning had taken place yet..after this however..an engine wash was done..and the car wouldn't start for an hour("professionally done")...keep in mind this is a car with distributorless ignition...that takes talent..so since then i've decided to give up on that...it really isn't as bad as it looks in the pic... :D ..it was taken at night...and the quality isn't great...
i only have some older pics of the exterior of the car...hope to take some soon tho.. :wink:

VerderameJ
03-22-2004, 01:08 AM
Yeah cleaning an engine definitly takes some skill and lots of plastic...
I have a 2.4L I5 in my Volvo with the distributor mounted on the side of the engine. Even when I cover it carefully I have gotten it wet and had to wait a long time before starting it....because if the stupid thing misfires then I have to go to my mechanic and have him clear out the computer...gotta love OBDII...
When we work on my dads Ferrari 512TR we cover the entire engine with plastic and the distributors too because the whole back is more or less exposed because of the gratings on the back...luckly we have yet to have a problem with water on that car...
-Joseph Verderame
98 S70 with a few mods

mofia77
03-22-2004, 01:14 AM
yeah, do you take it to any track days? cuz I see a lot of levins and AE86's drifting in vidz. And also do you have any pics of the whole car? it would be nice to see!

i've taken it to the drag strip..managed a 15.4 missing 3rd.. :oops: ..not bad for a first attempt i guess..where this car really feels nice tho is on the hills...and thru the corners... :D

mofia77
03-22-2004, 01:19 AM
here is a very small older pic of the car when it just came...looong before the engine swap was even thought of...
http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/member_images/1615/lev3.jpg

i can't seem to find the original on my pc...more pics to come...just as soon as i can get hold of a digital cam! :)

VerderameJ
03-22-2004, 01:28 AM
looks pretty nice to me. though the picture is not the biggest...looks like the body is in descent shape. are there any major marks on it?
-Joseph Verderame
98 S70 with a few mods

StanAE86
03-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Did they make RWD corrolas? and if they did, what year did they convert them to FWD? I think they should switch some of these smaller cars back to RWD because they are just soo much more fun that way!

The Corolla was RWD until the last AE86 model (I forget the year, something like 1987, I think):

http://www.club4ag.com/PHOTOS/contributions/11-1-2001/Moto.jpg

After that, they went to FWD, even the sporty GT-S version. That chassis code was AE92:

http://www.club4ag.com/PHOTOS/contributions/BCD/Dalis_Alexander_AE92a.jpg

Since then, they've never gone back to RWD on the Corolla chassis.

mofia77
04-01-2004, 11:15 PM
wow...haven't been online in a while...took the car back to the strip...ran a 15.058 et ..still with a few traction problems(seriously in need of some good tyres)...so i'm happy with that..no more pics yet...hope to borrow a camera this weekend... 8)

mofia77
04-01-2004, 11:16 PM
looks pretty nice to me. though the picture is not the biggest...looks like the body is in descent shape. are there any major marks on it?
-Joseph Verderame
98 S70 with a few mods

nope...no major marks...clean clean clean.. :D

No.1
04-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I've driven an AE86 in GT1, 2 and 3 on my pS2 :wink:

hemi_fan
04-05-2004, 07:52 PM
thats kool to know, I think an AE86 would be a sweet car to boot around in, especially supercharged one!