PDA

View Full Version : And the run of forum bad luck contiues...

RC45
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Just had a 2 week old Seagate ST3200 200GB data storage harddrive fail.

The bad part - it had 140GB of DVD data - the good part - most are Rips of DVD's I have - somewhere.. ;)

The last straw seemed to be when I started rendering the Video I took of the Enzo crash site...

Adobe Premiere posted a General Error and the system blue screend - restarted, and when I click N: it says "Drive N: is not formnatted - would you like to format it now?"

LOL

Time to dig out some system level recovery tools...

yg60m
03-17-2004, 07:11 PM
Good luck mate :( Not really fun

DeMoN
03-17-2004, 08:57 PM
that sucks ass. I had something similar happen. I went to germany and dloaded tons of stuff. I used my brother's computer and so I bought a hard drive to bring my files home. A full 60GB HD worth of progs... yeah, all "legal." Having only 56k connection in my country, that HD was worth gold! Got back home and pluged it in, worked for 3 days and boom. No recovery available no nothing.

Jabba
03-17-2004, 09:00 PM
DAMN....OUCH !!!! I know its going to happen to me one day...and what a bad day that is going to be.....

na2o
03-17-2004, 09:15 PM
man , that suuuuux. something similar happened to me once. there was something wrong with the pc and i took it to a repair shop and the fuckers formatted it ... and it had all the songs i downloaded when i use to have 33 Kbps modem. i had like 150 songs or something (i waited so long to get that number of songs at that time so it was like a treasure to me) and when i got my pc home i noticed that it had been formatted so i cried my guts out :cry:

enigmatic
03-19-2004, 08:43 AM
i can't blame you one bit.
if i were to lose all my data, i'd.... no, we wont even think about that. *bad thoughts* :cry:

its times like these you wish you had a fault tolerant raid 5 setup :x
one day ill get round to it..

..one day...

gtx28
03-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Hey look on downloads.com, there are some good recovery tools on there, and astalavista.com. Either way you should be able to get most of your stuff back with the right tools. Good luck RC

gtx28
03-21-2004, 02:25 PM
lol thx brembo. Im well aware, but still like to give suggestions, there may be others reading this who do not know how to fix such a problem. :P lol

gtx28
03-21-2004, 02:26 PM
lol thx brembo. Im well aware, but still like to give suggestions, there may be others reading this who do not know how to fix such a problem. :P lol