PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR SUCKS

Anonymous
03-16-2004, 04:08 PM
nascar drivers have racing skills but not anywhere close to the level of F1 drivers or even Champcar drivers. striaght turn striaght turn no skill move out of the way or i will crash into u. i hit the wall but i'm still going, my bumper is falling off i need 200mph tape (but we dont even go that fast) NASCAR SUCKS I HATE IT

Kangaroo Boy
03-16-2004, 04:15 PM
I agree,IMO its not fun to watch (I don't watch it all) unless they crash.

jj23
03-16-2004, 04:18 PM
It's terrible. It does require some skill but it's freakin boring. Not my idea of something exciting (driving around in a cirle a few hundred times!)

TT
03-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Next time you have to vent, do it in the right section ;)

geekdiggy
03-16-2004, 09:47 PM
a tired topic, though everyone agrees on it. good thing you didn't post this at the SPEED forums, you'd get flame to high hell

Garretts_turbo
03-17-2004, 01:11 PM
although i too hate nascar, dont be so quick to judge all of the drivers. most of them do seem to have southern accents and enjoy traffic jams, but didnt jeff gordon race an F1 car a few months ago and post a qualifying time? i know that it really means nothing cuz gordon makes enough $$$ as a nascar driver, but there is some untapped skill.

Anonymous
03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
gordon is a good driver but F1 quality ? remember Micheal Andretti couldnt do it or AL Unser Jr. 2 of Champ CArs best drivers. ON another topic but Jacque V. did CHampsionship second season

mit5005
03-20-2004, 06:19 PM
What is it with SPEED always playin Nascar stuff. I think of Nascar the same way i think of baseball, boring. Le Mans and F1 are the shit.

biff19_a
03-20-2004, 06:55 PM
speed actually was going to become all NASCAR at one point just after FOX bought the channel... when their fans got a wiff of it there was something like 50,000 letters and emails begging for it not to happen

Tomerville
03-20-2004, 07:06 PM
NASCAR is lame, all they can do is turn right all day. Common, the cars are even asymetrical to be more aerodynamic for their right hand turns. Pathetic.

geekdiggy
03-20-2004, 07:09 PM
actually it's only left hand turns

and if you folks are looking for a discussion/vent area for your anti-nascar emotions, go to the SPEED channel forums (http://insider.speedtv.com/index.php) :twisted:

akumapc
03-21-2004, 12:46 PM
the only way I would EVAARRR watch nastycar is if they had 1 half of the field running clockwise and the other half of the field running counterclockwise, on the same oval, at the same time. And to make things even more interesting for the fans there should definetley be a guy on the straights who has to dodge this two way battle royal, think of it like dodge ball but with cars.... maybe he gets to throw rocks at cars flying by that would lead to some extra high speed crashing yeeefuckinghaww :o

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~s8mcgill/BIS380/images/busch.jpg

SPAD
04-28-2004, 04:24 PM
I dont see how people can have passion for nascar.there are only american cars and in the truck series toyota.

and speed plays way too much nascar. i know people like it but there are people like us that dont.they need to show more euro racing or lemans

DMbaseball1604
05-01-2004, 01:43 AM
I live in Texas, where people love Nascar..but I cannot stand it...they sit there and go aroudn in circles the whole dang race and the competition between the teams is very limited...they cannot build their cars out of carbon fiber and they have plate restricitons...its all messed up!

nthfinity
05-01-2004, 03:30 AM
What is it with SPEED always playin Nascar stuff. I think of Nascar the same way i think of baseball, boring. Le Mans and F1 are the shit.

they didnt used to..... then the mighty aussy tv company, FOX bought both the rights to NASCAR, and Speedvission.... then they translated the name to Speed channel.... at least they are still willing to play F1 live, WRC highlights, and many other great facets of Motorsport....

but because there is a virtual infinate amount of nascar accross the US, and they own it, they 'll be damned if they dont make enthusiasts suffer, causing a lower ratings if any were nielson families

while i dont watch NASCAR, i dont mind watching the Aussie version of nascar (V8 supercar series)

in nascar's defence... the biggest challenge is on fuel/pit stops, passing, limited aero setups... it is interesting that everybody has virtually the same car, and its up to the drivers to really shine, not the technology of the car (i always thought it would be interesting to compare a car that cost 220,000$ (approx. cost of a NASCAR) and see if it laps quicker in entirely stock form...

ChinaBlue
05-01-2004, 07:43 AM
couldn't agree more with you guys..nascar is just like drag races only that it's going round in circles. :shock:

mit5005
05-01-2004, 02:09 PM
couldn't agree more with you guys..nascar is just like drag races only that it's going round in circles. :shock:

Hey don't be disrespecting drag racing. To compare it to Nascar is an insult. It is 100 times more exciting than Nascar.

Kangaroo Boy
05-02-2004, 01:02 AM
I love Top Fuel Drag racing...Its Insane...

N.J.
05-02-2004, 02:14 AM
'Nascar' is nothing on the 'British Touring Car Championship'. (the 'British Touring Cars' must actually handle, brake, turn left - and even more amazingly...is everybody ready for this...they actually turn right too! :wink: wow!

But 'Aussie V8 Supercar' racing is even better again because they combine the power of the 'Nascars' with the handling/variety of the 'British Touring Cars'.

ie. It just deosn't get any better than 'V8 Supercars at Bathurst'!!!

I'd rate the 'Bathurst' circuit 2nd only to the 'old' 22.8km 'Nurburgring' circuit. 'Bathurst' is like a 6km condensed version of the 'old' 'Ring' with has just about everything you could want in a track. I would rate the 'Spa' F1 circuit in Belgium 3rd.

However , to put all this in perspective, 'Rallying' wins hands down - no question!

p.s

I would LOVE to see a 'Nascar' -vs- 'Aussie V8 Supercar' race at both an oval and Bathurst then average both results and see who the winner is! :)

My money's on 'Aussie V8 Supercar' - easlier! ....the Nascar would lack one vital ingredient - handling!!!

Max Power
05-03-2004, 02:28 PM
didnt jeff gordon race an F1 car a few months ago and post a qualifying time? i know that it really means nothing cuz gordon makes enough $$$ as a nascar driver, but there is some untapped skill.

Back when they (Montoya and Gordon) switched cars at Indy, JPM posted a best lap of 1:39.9 only 1.1 seconds behind Gordon's earlier laps around the same track in the Chevy.
On the other hand Gordon did a 1:16.5 (112.6mph) that would NOT have secured him a spot on the grid for the F1 race held in 2002 at Indy. Gordon's time was 2.7 seconds behind last place qualifier, Alex Yoong's Minardi, and 5.1 seconds behind Montoya's 2002 qualifying lap that put him 4th on the grid.
*Taken straight out of September 2003 Car and Driver.

oscargarza88
05-03-2004, 05:55 PM
wtf this thread is still going?
i thought it was going to b locked down cause of all the times this has been discussed...
ans yes nascar sux! its only cool when all of them crash

schnell318
05-03-2004, 07:45 PM
NASCAR is the worst possible form of motor racing.

bluesbrother60
05-03-2004, 10:46 PM
I have found that the best way to sum up how much NASCAR sucks is this:
On the 8th day God was creating Formula One when a slight odor blew by and He sneezed. When he sneazed he let out a miscontrued version of auto racing called NASCAR.

Schwalbe
05-03-2004, 11:00 PM
The Aussie V8 Supercar racing is far away better than Nascar, Cascar etc...

SPAD
05-04-2004, 06:57 PM
All nascar is,is a bunch of cars the same cars going around in a cyrcle,and the winner is who ever happens to be in the lead when the flag dropps

SPEEDKILLAR
05-05-2004, 07:47 AM
If nascar sucks, don't watch it.

Bigdaddytwon
05-11-2004, 11:39 PM
I always wondered if they atually went to using "stock" cars in NASCAR if it would be better or worse.. sure an impala can't do 189, but hell, it'd be fun to see them try to do that in a car with stock suspension! It'd keep the costs WAAY down (maybe gut it and add a cage, hell the paint job with all 'em flashy adverts would probably cost more) and it would be an even better marketing tool for the manufacturers, although, it might look bad if a driver died in one of their cars during competition.

nthfinity
05-13-2004, 01:35 AM
I always wondered if they atually went to using "stock" cars in NASCAR if it would be better or worse.. sure an impala can't do 189, but hell, it'd be fun to see them try to do that in a car with stock suspension! It'd keep the costs WAAY down (maybe gut it and add a cage, hell the paint job with all 'em flashy adverts would probably cost more) and it would be an even better marketing tool for the manufacturers, although, it might look bad if a driver died in one of their cars during competition.

that is essentially what NASCAR used to be in the 70's

you could actually go into the dealer showroom, and buy the almost the same car the pro's used.... same engine, same car.... and in many cases, race versions were also dealer sold, which werent street legal, EXACT same car as the nascar
( or trans am series car as the case may be)

what happened between then and now? i dont know...
can you believe nascar still uses Carb technology :idea:

TVR_Fan
05-14-2004, 10:20 PM
I think these are better then this poor motorsport.

WRC
F1
F3
British Superbikes
Motor GP
World Super Bikes
British F3
British GT
BTCC
DTM
Le Mans 24
Daker Rally
V8 Supercars
World GT Series
Formula Ford
Formula Renault

T-Bird
05-14-2004, 10:44 PM
BigDaddy like nthfinity said that's what the sport used to be you just had to gut your interior and install a roll bar/cage and it was good to go. And do you think it looks good for anyone when a driver dies in a car period? It's worse when they die in a fully race prepped car than a 90% STOCK car if you look at it that way.

Also if they took a car off the assembly line, gutted it and installed a roll cage it would be Way cheaper not more expensive and those adverts are sponsors who pay a LOT of money to have their name on the car.

sads
05-28-2004, 02:30 AM
totally agree NASCAR is the one of the most boring sports, period round and round they go untill someone loses it and the commentators are the worse how inbred can u get? :mrgreen:

AMG E55
05-31-2004, 09:59 PM
I totally agree. NASCAR sucks!! F1 RULES!!!!!

peacenriot69
06-01-2004, 12:07 AM
I agree Nascar Sucks as George Carlin so eloquently put it " I am not Impressed by a bunch of redneck jackoffs driving 500 miles in a circle , it doesnt impress me children can do that" :lol: :lol:

biff19_a
06-04-2004, 06:37 PM
nascar is soo boring but the problem is that people keep watching it more and more.. me personally just want to see the big crash...lol.. i know its going to happen but when..lol...oh and pass me my beer out of my cooler...mmm okeffe... great canadian beer..even thought its not sold here anymore