PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Celebrates 40 years, Saleen Celebrates 20 years etc.

nthfinity
03-15-2004, 08:57 PM
last tuesday march 9, at the Mustang Plant in Dearborn, MI there was a huge celebration of the 40 continuous years of the pony car that included the three primary tuners of the car, Carol Sheby, Jack Roush, and the baseball cap toting Steve Saleen. another group involved in the event was fords own SVT group. with the development of the GT, ford has taken to heart its performance tuners as a closer relationship. this would appear to continue this way for the forseeable future.
this is the last year as many know of the fox mustang, and the plant is closing its doors for good. this is a good thing, as the building is almost 100 years old, and quite out of date. thankfully, the new steed will still be built within the michigan borders, but close to the Ohio state line.
the 04 mustang boasts a cleaner line, and commemorative 40th aniversary badging. also expect to see fewer in the production run due to this fall's new version coming out.

Garretts_turbo
03-16-2004, 01:29 AM
ahh man.. what a great day that would have been. SVT plus the three big 'stang names in one place....the new mustang looks simply awesome. the retro look has succeeded in this case, instead of failing miserably (PT cruiser). it was overdue for a new mustang chassis as well. the fox 'stangs are to be respected but i like these new ones much better.

ibetipsy
03-18-2004, 05:18 PM
wow. personally i think jack rouch is underrated as a tuner for the street (his car were always overshadowed by saleen. the S7 though is WOW, i know its not a mustang but i love mention it. lol mentioning it makes me happy and proud.

blah
03-19-2004, 12:47 AM
I plan on owning one. So HELL yea i love the new Stang.

nthfinity
03-19-2004, 06:34 PM
to whoever may not have a fancy for the stead, please tell why :-P

hemi_fan
03-20-2004, 11:40 PM
I love Saleen, my uncle's new neighbour has a saleen kit on his 92 stang, and it looks amazing. its a goldy-orange colour, with body kit, rims, lowered, blacked out lights, etc. My uncle hasnt met the owner yet, but I told him to offer $5000 for his car when he does meet him. lol

mage182
03-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Does anyone have any info on whether or not Saleen has gotten his hands on a new mustang to start making his own? i can't wait to see that :lol: esp. now that he has the GT to compete with...

nthfinity
03-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Ford consulted with its motorsport devisions, including rouch, and saleen when building the ford GT, and saleen has the S7 to compete with it, but that itself is further in the league of hypercars more then supercars.... in looks and price... although, it seems like the performances is reletively similar