03-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Yes, very much so.

Sachmo12345
03-13-2004, 07:54 PM
could you give me a quick run through of how to do it

TT
03-13-2004, 07:58 PM
LOL it's meant to do that :D

I'd like to post a "how to" but I'm almost died after the second raid in Geneva..

Will do tomorrow if nobody else did, ok?

But it's really easy.

Sachmo12345
03-13-2004, 08:37 PM
alright thanks

TT
03-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Ok basically I first create all the frames in Photoshop. Then I open Image ready and open frame #01. Now, I creat as many new layers in it as the total frames needed. After that, I creat the frames in the bottom bar.

Now I just open frame 2, select all, copy and paste into the second layer of the first pic.. then frame 3 pasted on third layer and so on..

When you have all the layers ready with all the frames, you just go in the bottom bar, select frame 2, and in the layers window you put the "eye" icon in the layer 2, containing the frame 2 picture.. so it will show.. then you go on, making visible the needed layer for every frame.

Is that easy to understand or I can't write a fuck in english? :D

Minacious
03-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Good lord TT, you are going to make the guy pull his hair out. :D

Which version of Image Ready will you be using? There have been a few things added to Image Ready CS.

I will try to be somewhat detailed.

Most people usually want to take a clip of something they have and turn that into the Gif, so I'm assuming that is what you want to do. Open that clip into IR. IR will automatically seperate it into individual frames for you. From here it is simply a matter of editing out the stuff you don't want by deleting those frames. Adjusting the speed of the Gif, by removing every other frame (In CS you can select if you want to pull the file in from every 2nd frame, 3rd frame, etc. Very handy) and also by adjusting the speed that each frame is displayed. At the bottom of each frame you will see this speed. From here you need to check out how big the Gif will be. To me this is the most important part. The goal is to keep the file size as little as possible so that it loads fast and it doesn't kill those people that have Dinosaur computers with 300MHZ and dial-up. :D At the top right you will see a tab that says "Optimize" - click on that. Under "Optimize" you will see a pull-down menu called preset. If you click on that you will see several options that determine how many colors the Gif will use. As you click on the different options you will see your Gif change slightly in color and clarity (You will need to have the "Optimized" tab clicked in the Gif window to see these changes). At the bottom of the Gif window you will see how big the file is and how long it will take the load. Find a happy medium. If you find that the file is still too big go back and delete some more frames (remember, every other frame), you might also have to adjust the speed again. Once you have it looking and moving the way you want, go to "save optimized as" and save it. 0X

If you need something pointed out a little more clearly, just say.

TT
03-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Minacious, sure your walkthrough is better than mine :) I didn't think about creating gif from movies..

And never tried to do that so I tried to follow your method.. but if I open a movie, after the window where I can choose "from start to finish"... and so on, when I click ok I only get in the frames window, a single frame, lasting the lenght of the vid... what am I doing wrong?

I tried many different clips, I tried to open them fully, just select a small part or the "evey other frame" option... but every time I only get a single frame into the bottom bar ...[/url]

Minacious
03-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Hmm, you get one frame huh?

I'm assuming whatever movie you picked is a readable format or it wouldn't have let you open it at all.

You clicked on "File" then "Open" or double clicked in an open area
http://home.comcast.net/~sincad/first.jpg

You selected your movie
http://home.comcast.net/~sincad/second.jpg

You got the window that asks you how much of the movie you want
http://home.comcast.net/~sincad/third.jpg

You clicked "Ok" and got another window that says "reading document" and shows a progress bar of it importing the movie
http://home.comcast.net/~sincad/fourth.jpg

If you did those steps to bring in the movie all should be fine.
http://home.comcast.net/~sincad/fifth.jpg

TT
03-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.. and sadly it's all ok untill the third screen grab.. then when I click ok IR just put a single frame in the bottom bar... no "processing" :(

edit - I tried with a bigger vid.. the processing bar pop up for a short second.. but the result is the same a single frame lasting 302 seconds

Minacious
03-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Hmm, that is weird. I'm trying to reproduce waht you are experiencing and just get one frame, thinking maybe there is a preference setting that is being missed, but whenever I do it I always get the multiple frames. I have never had a problem and preferences shouldn't even be an issue because I am able to do it as soon as I install the program. Somehow, someway, we will get this right for you. It is a great resource to have. Though this shouldn't matter, what version are you using? I'm assuming CS?

TT
03-14-2004, 03:34 PM
LOL you are assuming wrong :D still on 7.0 since the improvement on CS didn't seem so big to make it worth, and since I guessed that the new one risk to create new problems with win98 (lately some of the new versions of programs I always used, began to be less win98 compatible IMO)...

I really don't know.. at the end of this post I will reboot but IR and PS are working perfectly at the momemt so I really can't understand :(

Not that I will use that often, but if it would work it coud be very usefull!

Minacious
03-14-2004, 03:41 PM
You are right, there really isn't that much difference in CS compared to 7.0, and they are starting to boot 98 compatiblilty to the curb.

I don't use it a lot, but it comes in real handy when I need it.

I am just stumped as to why it isn't working for you. It should be automatic. I will test it on a friend's computer later today and see if he experiences the same thing.

TT
03-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Look at this, just to see I'm no crazy ;)

http://www.flytrap.it/public/ttsib/ir.jpg

And.. at my 50th try, it worked for one vid... but it was some 5 min long.. so the processing bar went for some minutes and I stopped it ;)
but happy that this clip was ok (mpg as most of the others), I tried again to let it complete and it gave me the infamous single frame...
tried again and again with the same one and other mpg or avi and nothing :?

Sachmo12345
03-14-2004, 03:57 PM
i have imageready 7.0

Minacious
03-14-2004, 04:01 PM
A 5 minute vid should take no more than a minute and some seconds to pull in. Under the "Layers" tab, do you only have one layer too?

TT
03-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes, just a single frame and a single layer...

After some more 30 or forty tries, I managed to have another one working.. but just once... and hell, now I tried many many vids!! Of course some of them can't be read, I just tried the ones that shows proprely in the preview window...

Minacious
03-14-2004, 04:11 PM
LOL!
1 out of 1000 isn't bad. :D
If it gives you the option to even pull it into the program, it should be able to be split into frames. I can't even get it to turn into a single frame, it's always split for me. I know there must be a way for you to get those vids pulled in properly. There are alternatives like using another program (Flash for instance) to split the movies into frames then pointing IR to the folder that has the frames, but that shouldn't be necessary.

TT
03-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Well again thanks for the walkthrough anyway... maybe just something wrong in my IR, I don't know :D but for now I give up :D

Minacious
03-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Hell, I'd give up too after that many tries. I am still going to look into it because it doesn't make since why it doesn't allow you to pull in movies properly.

TT
03-14-2004, 04:21 PM
And if PS or IR would have other strange bugs on my system I would understand... but they both works very fine.. this is the first time something is messed up..

Sachmo12345
03-14-2004, 04:21 PM
all i want to do is take a few skyline pics like in my avatar and make them scroll through

cho_888
03-14-2004, 04:51 PM
shit, i uninstalled this program because of lack of hard disk space. New one coming soon