PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most race crazy nation?

SFDMALEX
03-13-2004, 03:05 PM
I was wondering. Is it the italians? And I mean race crazy on a serious level. I know bunch of Italians here in Toronto, who are just possing as F1 freaks but actually dont know anything about it.

sentra_dude
03-13-2004, 03:59 PM
I would say that would be a really hard thing to quantify or come to a conclusion about...

Anyways, if I had to pick someone, Americans because we will race anything, and I mean anything...everything from sportscars in SCCA to dirt bikes to Sprint Cars, to lawn mowers to anything that moves basically lol.

I'm not really sure what you are asking...race crazy for F1? Or race crazy for just clean auto racing like LeMans or something, or any kind of racing like boat racing and offroad racing, etc. If you mean all racing I'd say America (probably because I am an American, but as I said above we will race anything), we just have so many different kinds of racing series here in America. 8)

gucom
03-13-2004, 04:05 PM
DEFINATELY italians.. if uve bin kidnapped and wake up in a car on the italian highway without a clue where u are, u will know as soon as u pass a gas station..ferrari shirts and flags and all the weirdest stuff imaginable, all ferrari, and if Ferrari wins the world championship F1 the entire country almost explodes, newspapers make entire special editions covering evrything about all ferrari history and whatever they can think of. italians r crazy about racing, especially Ferrari.
Also if an Italian wins in sumthing else(like rossi in MotoGP) they will go crazy as well...imagine Italy last october, on 1 day Schumi and Rossi both became world champion...wish i was there that day...

Kangaroo Boy
03-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Italians,They are obsessive on any kinda of sport.

akumapc
03-14-2004, 12:03 AM
TIFOSI :)

X-ale
03-14-2004, 09:42 PM
ever seen the Fins drive?! Vatanen, Toivonen, Makkinen... Brazilians too are not bad with Piquet, Senna, Barichello... but we have football to distract us :P

Anonymous
03-16-2004, 06:47 PM
it might be. but it could be japan. they race every car. they can get into. down to civics grand prix racinghttp://www.thezcresource.com/gallery/albums/album02/drift.thumb.gif
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/12946/p/538998_7021159427330538327_vl.jpg

SPAD
04-28-2004, 03:43 PM
I may be bias in this situation but i think it is the italians.the reason i think this is because of the tifosi.italians are the only people that have a name for there fans.

Here in Toronto i dont know many f1 fans as friends but i there are tons in little italy.

sameerrao
04-30-2004, 12:33 AM
What about the Spaniards - they are truely bonkers about bikes and F1 and soccer

tanelvali
04-30-2004, 06:36 AM
Polynesians

Drive4Ever
04-30-2004, 09:46 AM
not americans that's for sure, all they like is NASCAR (dont know y) :roll:
i would have to say european nations. :D

nthfinity
04-30-2004, 01:17 PM
not americans that's for sure, all they like is NASCAR (dont know y)
i would have to say european nations

albiet, NASCAR is hugely popular.... i dont honestly know why... but there are plenty of other not so popular races we have here... i would definately say there are more americans in profession racing then any other nationality... just perhaps not as many in internation racing...

schnell318
05-03-2004, 07:54 PM
I guess it would be the english, maybe not so race crazy as car crazy.

homemade wrx
06-08-2004, 10:03 PM
definately have to be one of the three...Italians, Japanese or Americans...for patronage, the italians. For racing anything...I mean anything, the Americans...and the Japanese will race any car

carmineroma
06-12-2004, 08:02 PM
the italian have the now the story of driver....
the people now buy only turbo diesel and suv,the cayenne incraese for 40% the sale of porsche in 2003!
all italian think only for the football
the stock racer there are max 200 people on monza......

T-Bird
06-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I would have to honestly say Americans, We have Nascar :roll: NHRA/IHRA (drag racing) we have IRL/CART All the SpeedWorld classes we even host some very large races like 24 hrs daytona (not nascar) Miami GP Road America etc.... Nascar is sadly very popular and so is NHRA/IHRA.

SFDMALEX
06-12-2004, 09:17 PM
America races everything but its not pacionate about everything. Ever seen a GT races that actually had spectators?

SPEEDCORE
06-13-2004, 02:37 AM
I am of italian decent(been to Italy etc), I went to the Italian GP back in 1998, it was a Ferrari 1-2 that year. The after race celebrations were insane, I have been to other F1 races and even thou Ferrari won those races the passion wasnt as intense.
In Italy anything that happens with Ferrari its the main story in the news more important than other news.
Im sure other Euopean nations and South American are just as passionate about their drivers when they win/competing, but in Italy they also have the team Ferrari to support so as the case we have now there isnt any Italian drivers in Ferrari but they support Schumie and Rubino as they were Italian.

Ford Capri 2.8i
07-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Its difficult to make a prediction....but alongside Finland....id include other countries as well....for example....czech republic, and hungary for rallying,...drivers do everything of their best in order to get a good track time although some of them have a very crappy car, and they take their risks, people do their best showing a lot of enthusiasm, drivers also try to get a lot of spectacle.....the audience in the Barum rallye(the european rallye of the czech republic) is many more times higher than in soccer..............about the Formula 1 case....im not very sure......but id go for Finland and Italy due to the earlier mentioned reasons

goose93
07-04-2004, 03:39 AM
I have to put a vote in for Japan. They have a passion for cars second to none and they race everything with a large fan base supporting more than one type of racing. They will also race cars from all over the world and actively support drivers and team from other contries.

In Japan just owning a car is a big deal, but the ability to actually drive the car is practiced with passon. The techniques and abilities of experts are praised while amatuers are encouraged to continue getting better without feeling inferior.

They also love to tune cars, any car and every car. From Hondas and Nissans, to Porsches and Ferraris, and evrything in between. It doesn't seem to matter to them.

It's just amazing.

yg60m
07-04-2004, 04:56 AM
England is a great nation for racing, almost all the F1 teams are based in england.
When you go to the 24 h of Le Mans, you can see a lot of english people too.
They also have a lot of national competitions, the english F3 championship is one of the hardest in the world (that's why Senna came here).

fabro_s
07-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Well its a simple question, where does motorsport becomes a great party?????

Not in US

Its Italy, I mean I have a cousin there and when shumacher won the las championship, he said all Italy was crazy party, from childs to mothers to grandfathers, everyone had their ferrari tshirts or flags, so Italy is crazy in that point!!!

TopGearNL
07-05-2004, 01:04 PM
I think the Italians are the most

68-998
07-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Here in Australia we're pretty race crazy, but we race some weird cars. The main/most popular form of racing is V8 Supercars (http://www.v8supercars.com.au). These are basically 5.0L V8, 4 door family sedans which (when modified for racing) put out about 620 HP.

Here's some pics I took at the last even in my home city of Adelaide's street circuit (sorry if they load really slow, or not at all. I need better hosting).

http://redleader.mine.nu/albums/clipsal500/DSC01484.sized.jpg

We have grid girls too :)

http://redleader.mine.nu/albums/clipsal500/DSC01426.sized.jpg

Here's some other crazy machines we race. These are utes. Basically the same as the cars above, but were originally designed to cart stuff around, so they lost the rear doors and are replaced with a tray. They've become such an icon that now we race them, albeit in a far less modified form. Here's some pics of a couple of utes, they have 5.7L V8's. They're prone to a lot of oversteer, which makes for some entertaining racing.

http://redleader.mine.nu/albums/VarietyClubDay/SageUtesMallala.sized.jpg

Recently, a new series started racing these things

http://redleader.mine.nu/albums/clipsal500/DSC01547.sized.jpg

They're called Aussie Racers, and they're basically motorbike engines in a very lightweight frame. They are very entertaining to watch due to their small size and the benefits they get from drafting the car in front down the straights.

You can check out all my pics from the event here (unfortunately its very slow):
http://redleader.mine.nu/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=clipsal500

tigerx
07-05-2004, 09:25 PM
well we canadian are a really race crazy nation, let's see we have lawnmower race, horse race, greyhound races , and ONE f1 gp.

btw if you don't get it i'm being sarcastic

TopGearNL
07-12-2004, 05:59 PM
I remember once somebody saying that Americans will race anything, so its not mu favorite racing country but its America :x