PDA

View Full Version : Renault Mégane RS first pics!

TT
07-30-2003, 05:56 AM
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_21/car_portal_pic_10942.jpg?9313

Straight away, I don't like the new Mégane... the top of the range 2.0 turbo RS will arrive in the future, but I'm not sure it could be such a big hitter like they'd like at Renault..

200 hp ok, or 220 with a factory approved tuning... more room and comfort than a 170 hp Clio... but hell, I'd go with the latter if I'd have to buy a sporty Renault, no doubt!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_21/car_portal_pic_10943.jpg?7942

novass
07-30-2003, 06:24 AM
i dont like the back, i agree with you, id go for the Clio

1zippo1
07-30-2003, 06:29 AM
Just doesn't look very sporty, don't you think. I don't hate the styling of the mégane, but it just doesn't look hot... Like a VW Golf, if you tune that nicely, you have a sporty & cool hot hatch. This Mégane isn't going to be very popular because the people who spend money on this kinda car look for something that other people will notice. The styling of the Mégane is good for a people carrier, but not as a sports car, for that it is way to ordinary.

TT
07-30-2003, 06:37 AM
Just doesn't look very sporty, don't you think. I don't hate the styling of the mégane, but it just doesn't look hot... Like a VW Golf, if you tune that nicely, you have a sporty & cool hot hatch. This Mégane isn't going to be very popular because the people who spend money on this kinda car look for something that other people will notice. The styling of the Mégane is good for a people carrier, but not as a sports car, for that it is way to ordinary.

Completely agree with you on that point: there was no need for a sporty version.. it would be the same if Fiat would create a Fiat Multpila Abarth turbo RS :P

The Mégane is not selling alot around here, but it is selling anyway.. but not so young or sporty drivers... I still have to see a Mégane with custom wheels or lowered.. it's a car for little families, for women who want somethign different...

Johns
07-30-2003, 09:42 AM
the back does not look to good :shock:

gis
07-30-2003, 11:21 AM
i think if that engine was in the old megane,the one b4 that one was produced,i think id have looked at it more,but for the moment.i think the only renault id go for is the clio

dis3as3d
08-03-2003, 06:46 PM
UUUUUggggllllyyyy

sbbs
08-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Well, what's the front like?

troskap
08-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Uh.... what in the heck...

That rear treatment is just rather outlandish. I imagine it was styled by Renault to stand out, and it does. But it looks like someone stuffed their brand new 36" TV in the boot, and took a speed bump just a little too hard and fast....

fedezyl
08-04-2003, 10:53 AM
I like it though, like the boldness of the design, at least it has some charm not like a Civic....I reckon the tail is a bit weird but it grew on me though

alondahan
08-06-2003, 06:15 PM
That rear end is uuuuggggllllyyyy :?