PDA

View Full Version : SHAVING.....?

leinad111
07-30-2003, 12:45 AM
I know this really aint about cars about still...........what shavin cream or aftershave do u guys use....? any thing good for razor bumps....am gettin a bad case of them and ive tired everything.........?

possessed_beaver
07-30-2003, 12:53 AM
you're shaving you're pubic hair aren't you?
:?

leinad111
07-30-2003, 01:08 AM
lmao.............only beav...........na ........am talin about facial hair........lol

novass
07-30-2003, 01:18 AM
for the most part i guess i use gilette gel and a mach 3 razor. but sometimes i forget to buy the stuff and end up using shampoo or conditioner or just water. my skin isnt very sensitive so ive never really had a problem with razor burn or anything like that.

my friend has really sensitive skin so hes always complainin about stuff like this. now he uses a shaving cream heater and a mach 3, he hasnt had problems with either

666fast
07-30-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm a tough, sexy, handsome guy so I don't use anything but water. I've even done it dry without problems.

666fast is one badass dude!

Jabba
07-30-2003, 04:40 AM
nice one novass....I am really into trying to get a really close shave...and have recently upgraded to a mach 3 Turbo (I dont think they do one with nozzzzz yet.. LMAO) and gillete gel....I dont agree with them that you can just go one way for a close shave....I still have to do one "preparation" shave (downward) then on my second run (upward)...I really go for it...and wont leave until I have everything 100 % smooth....Mach 3 is the Ferrari of wet shavers IMO...quite expensive...but well worth it IMO...

TT
07-30-2003, 04:41 AM
Mach 3 + Gillette gel for me too :)

Jabba
07-30-2003, 04:43 AM
cool....maybe a poll should be started TT....

TT
07-30-2003, 04:48 AM
cool....maybe a poll should be started TT....

LOL, I fear Gillette would own the competition all the way ;)

And the members not using Gillette products, prefer to go Rambo's way :P

Jabba
07-30-2003, 04:56 AM
hahahaha yes...has anyone had a professional shave at a barbers ??? I think I would be too nervous that he or she would slip and cut my throat...I dont even trust myself !!!

novass
07-30-2003, 06:07 AM
hahahaha yes...has anyone had a professional shave at a barbers ??? I think I would be too nervous that he or she would slip and cut my throat...I dont even trust myself !!!

yea i have. its nice having something like that done for you, but i agree you have to trust him. the first time i went i was so nervous staring into that mirror as a man waved a huge, shiny razor in front of me. once you get used to it its great. get a haircut and a shave so the whole head is clean. plus he/she can trim whatever kind of beard you have. a lazy mans dream LOL

the only thing that still scares me about it are earthquakes. if it was a big one he may take my whole head off LOL

TT
07-30-2003, 06:23 AM
the only thing that still scares me about it are earthquakes. if it was a big one he may take my whole head off LOL

LMAO, good one!!

sportVeloce
07-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Im on the good ol Philishave electric... its good for your skin.. doesnt get to hot and burn. When ive got some time on my hands I use a good old Gillette sensor-excel... its twin blade.. spring blades that shape and some skin toner stuff on the top. Not a bad razor. I havnt checked out the Mach 3... maybe I should by the sounds of it.

Jabba
07-30-2003, 08:49 AM
can you get anywhere near the closeness of a wet shave with a Philishave electric though SV ?

robruf
07-30-2003, 08:51 AM
I use a Mach 3 Turbo with Gilette shaving cream, but there has to be a better way to shave out there, as the Mach 3 blades just don't last that long and the shaving cream isn't all that great, I am thinking about going to a shaving store and asking them what to do, perhaps buy myself a straight razor and shave that way.

stracing
07-30-2003, 09:16 AM
so jabba how does your BOV sound? :P

leinad111
07-30-2003, 09:19 AM
lmao.............well for the most part of used everyblade never tried the mach 3 much though.....am give a try. any after shave recommendations?

Jabba
07-30-2003, 09:29 AM
so jabba how does your BOV sound? :P

What exactly is a BOV ??? I am lost here ???

possessed_beaver
07-30-2003, 09:29 AM
i use a mac 3 turbo :) hahahahahahhh (im sorry the name sold me)
but i want to buy a cut throat razor and shave with that (u know how hard beaver fur is to shave!)

and any shaving cream, if im lazy i use none.. :)

Jabba
07-30-2003, 09:30 AM
also nice to get shaved by your lady....if you can trust her that is.... :wink:

possessed_beaver
07-30-2003, 09:52 AM
also nice to get shaved by your lady....if you can trust her that is.... :wink:
yeh, it's very good indeed, there's nothing worse than shaving you're own puibic hair having the lady there is a great "hand"
hahahahah :P

Jabba
07-30-2003, 09:57 AM
I only tried that once as I was promised more blow jobs....and unless you keep up with the shaving...then it sure is umcomfortable as it grows back.....

possessed_beaver
07-30-2003, 10:05 AM
yes :|
it becomes very itchy!!!! and uncomftable!!!
(aparantley it isen't so bad if u wash it evrey once in a while :S)

hahah ohhh well we learn from our mistakes

jon_s
07-30-2003, 11:07 AM
I use the standard combo it seems, mach3 and gilette foam. However, I also use Nivia cream after...............you can all stop your laughing! It is IMO very good, it just gets rid of that sting, and makes your face feel so nice and fresh.

Oi, have you stoped laughing yet??
lol :wink:

gis
07-30-2003, 11:14 AM
mach 3 and gillete for me to

"Gillette,the best a man get get" LMAO,seems like it seen as we all use it

oh and jabba,from what stracing said bout a BOV,thats there term for what we call Dump valves

Jabba
07-30-2003, 11:43 AM
is it his way of saying that my face is as smooth as my arse...quite funny anyway...even if it wasnt

Jabba
07-30-2003, 11:45 AM
I use the standard combo it seems, mach3 and gilette foam. However, I also use Nivia cream after...............you can all stop your laughing! It is IMO very good, it just gets rid of that sting, and makes your face feel so nice and fresh.

Oi, have you stoped laughing yet??
lol :wink:

I think its a good idea...in my experience... ladys love a smooth face...it shows them that you take good care of yourself and the you are unlikely to have a cheesy cock....which means that you stand a better chance of getting it sucked later on :P

possessed_beaver
07-30-2003, 12:07 PM
oh and jabba,from what stracing said bout a BOV,thats there term for what we call Dump valves

BOV's and dumpvalves are 2 different things,
BOV's are the cool thing here they make you're turbocar make noises when it changes gear.... lol (i know evreyone alredy knew that)
anyway back 2 shaving....

what do u find best for cat hair?

Jabba
07-30-2003, 12:11 PM
isnt that what I would call a Turbo waste gate ?? but at least I now know what the reference was...to the Turbo and Nos upgrade on my Mach 3 razor....

I prefer clean shaven pussys....

SFDMALEX
07-30-2003, 12:17 PM
I got the standart combo also. Mach 3 and Gillete cream for Men. Dont use and aftershave. Ill have to get some today along with some gel. My face is always smooth like a babies ass.

As for pubic hair, I dont shave em off, I trim once in a while.

gis
07-30-2003, 12:19 PM

BOV's and dumpvalves are 2 different things,
BOV's are the cool thing here they make you're turbocar make noises when it changes gear.... lol (i know evreyone alredy knew that)
anyway back 2 shaving....

what do u find best for cat hair?

PB,the thing that makes the cool sound is also called a dump valve here in the UK

TT
07-30-2003, 12:40 PM
LMAO, I thought I was the only one at JW having already shaved his "penis" :D

BTW, I forgot to say I always keep my armpits shaved.. cleaner :)

Jabba
07-30-2003, 12:52 PM
what an interesting thread this is turning out to be...has anyone got any good shaving tips...or the time it takes them to do a face with a turbo ?

gis
07-30-2003, 12:56 PM
me and my turbo can do probably a 0-complete face in bout 10 mins

i always have the fear of cuttin myself or summat,lol

possessed_beaver
07-30-2003, 12:59 PM
well for best results, i need someone in the car.
they start the car, with the bonnet open, and rev the engine, all while i hold my face as close as possible to the turbo's wheel as possible, and hope for the best :)

i find it best 2 shave after a good shower and a wank, so im feeling nice and fresh... and there is all steam in the bathroom, very relaxing indeed... maybee i should light a candle next time...?

i have considered triming my armpits.. lol but i duno where i could do it 2 get rid of the hair...

Jabba
07-30-2003, 12:59 PM
I usually can do my face twice in about 10 minutes for the ultimate close shave...I have even been known to be very naughty and use 2 new cartridges....serves be right though...for having a face like a damn gorilla !!

Jabba
07-30-2003, 01:03 PM
i find it best 2 shave after a good shower and a wank, so im feeling nice and fresh...

hahahaha funny as hell.... :lol:

novass
07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
man this thread turned into salon gossip LOL

in high school i was on the swim team. i shaved everything except my head and my eyebrows. my suggestion...never do this unless you intend to see it thru for the rest of your life. your whole body turns into a wierd, itchy, velcro substance...impossible to sleep.

shaving my face only takes about 10 min, give or take. i have a goatee, beard, whatever on my chin...that saves some time.

stracing
07-30-2003, 08:54 PM
hair also grts harder the more you shave
so don't shave your balls too much otherwise you get stiff stubs :P

BOV=blow off valve. the sound that top secret supra makes or HKS silvia drift car when they release the throttle

666fast
07-30-2003, 11:47 PM
It takes me sonewhere around 10 minutes. I used to use the Mach 1 razor, but the blades were super expensive and wear out way too damn fast. I resorted to cheap, multiple pack razors.
The oly thing I really hate about shaving is having to do it every goddamn day!

sportVeloce
07-31-2003, 09:33 AM
can you get anywhere near the closeness of a wet shave with a Philishave electric though SV ?

It does a good job... but you really cant beat a wet shave. I can use my Philishave in the shower, so you can get the lubrication but not as close. It depends really. I get a close shave every day, but not super close. You should get one and try it out... its faster than the good old razor. In fact I have not used a wet shaver for over a year. So it cant be too bad.

crochico
08-01-2003, 08:40 PM
i sure missed a lot.. first of all i use the gillette mach 3 turbo, the best razor IMO.. however, there is something that is supposedly better out there.. yes, the new "Gillette Mach 3 Turbo G-Force"... i saw an advertisement for it on a giant billboard.. and the shaving cream i use is Edge Active care ultra sensitive (for razor bumps), and i love using it.. i recommend it for anyone to try.. and to shave, it only takes me about 5 minutes or so.. and i do the downstroke first and the upstroke second for the close shave (like Jabba described).

also, here are some shaving tips from Edge:

ADD WATER
It's important to add plenty of water to your whiskers so they stand up and are easier to shave off. Saturated whiskers are 70 percent easier to shave.
HINT
Wash your face thoroughly before shaving. You can also shave in the shower, right after a shower, or apply a wet cloth for several minutes before you shave.
SPECIFICALLY SENSITIVE
If your skin tends to be sensitive, use a shaving gel designed specifically for sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, using a gel instead of a cream or foam is important.
HINT
A shaving gel is better than cream or foam for reducing friction between the blade and skin—minimizing or even eliminating skin irritation.
DO IT DAILY
Try and keep up a daily shaving routine (even when you're on vacation!). Regular shaving has the benefit of removing dead skin (known as exfoliation). Show off your fresh, healthy skin!
HINT
Not keeping up a regular shaving routine is more likely to result in nicks, cuts, and irritation.
FRESH BLADE, SHORT STROKES
Use a fresh blade and short shaving strokes to avoid nicking or cutting yourself. Also shave in the same direction your beard grows and not "against the grain." This will help prevent ingrown hairs and skin irritation.
HINT
Be especially careful shaving your upper lip, chin, and neck, since these are the areas where men are most apt to cut themselves.
STAY COOL, MAN
Once you've had that close comfortable shave and your face is feeling great, it's time to finish off your shaving routine. Splash your face with some cool water to tighten down your pores. Follow up with a soothing aftershave.