PDA

View Full Version : Whats the fastest or craziest thing you ever did in a car?

hyspeed
06-10-2003, 03:12 AM
I wonder if you guys ever raced acrossed red lights and stop signs?

Many years ago when i was still very young and very stupid of cos. The idea behind it was to see who was the bravest, kinda like racing to the edge of a cliff......it was quite popular for awhile for some of the wildest street racers...the race was always held in the wee hours of the morning and we chose a stretch of road or any street with lots of junctions (usually about 5 or 6 lights in between)......luckily nobody (in my group) was injured or killed.

Now thinking back..i dont think any other form of street racing ever comes close to that kind of excitment it provided. I guess all racers came out a winner sort of.

jpm_f1
06-10-2003, 06:00 AM
taking out fast cars on german autobahn is our adrenaline kick.... :twisted:

stracing
06-10-2003, 06:07 AM
i've done that
raced from one town to another, i say there was 250km in between.

seriously you don't need a fast car, you just need to be brave

jpm_f1
06-10-2003, 07:01 AM

thats for sure man, but out task is to reach 150+mph or the magic 185+mph. for that you needn`t to be brave you have to be simply stupid. even in germany there are less and less parts of the autobahn where you are allowed to speed as much as you can.
my father`d kill me when he gets a ticket of that speed :wink:

nlzmo400r
06-10-2003, 11:10 AM
fastest ive ever got mine up to is 12o (governed), and also, whats the fastest you've got those porsches' up to .or are they ur fathers, i hear porches have insane top end

jpm_f1
06-10-2003, 11:31 AM
whats the fastest you've got those porsches' up to .or are they ur fathers, i hear porches have insane top end

yes they are my fathers, but i can take em out whenever i want to ( thx dad i appreciate this!!! :D ) the fastest i got was 188mph GPS measured in the 996TT. the digi-speedometer showed 193mph but there are more people who say that sometimes the digital speedometer is a bit wrong.
of course we had to travel to germany ( A555 ) to do this, because here in austria it`s nearly impossible to reach 160+

driving home from germany last weekend :
http://members.aon.at/jpm_f1/31.JPG

gis
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
:shock: thats good man,is the 996 stock

have u anymore pics of you gettin top speeds outta your dads cars

jpm_f1
06-10-2003, 11:51 AM
yes it`s stock, he`s thought of buying the X50 package but it`s not really worth the money. maybe i`ll post some pics of speeding in summer, but it`s a bit difficult to do that, because we always drive alone on high speed runs. we`ve agreed not to take any other persons out because when someone has an accident there are no innocent injured or fatalities.
i think thats very important!!! so taking pics at 180mph is a bit tricky and to be serious i`m afraid of it, because these are my dad`s cars and when something goes wrong for a silly picture...but i`ll try this summer when we hit the autobahn again for a couple of days.

gis
06-10-2003, 03:54 PM
you got that right,i wouldnt do 180 in a car with another person in,unless they totally begged me and i told them if u come in its at your own risk.

i didnt even think the 996 could do 180+,i thought its top speed was like 176mph.

lots of people have said the x50 package isnt really worth the money

666fast
06-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Fastest was 160mph in a Porsche

Craziest thing, is taking my friends truck off of a large jump.

Johns
06-10-2003, 04:06 PM
jpm,
thats sick! too bad I cant do that around here. BTW, tell your dad to sell the TT and buy a GT2, then u can take that badboy to 206mph :twisted:

SFDMALEX
06-10-2003, 04:32 PM
I havent really done anythig crazy in a car my self. The fastest Ive been was around 250kph in a Merc 600. Back home in Ukraine we dont have no speed limits on some highways, you can reach sick speeds there sins sometimes the highways are extremly long stretches of stragiht road.

PaulGT2164
06-11-2003, 12:30 AM
hrmm the fastest i have been is 189 on a suzuki haybusa 1300r
173 in a mitsubishi VR-4 Spyder
i have been 145 in an Audi S4
137 in my celica
140 in a galant
160 on a BMW 1200-RS motorcycle

i had a friend once cutting doughnuts in a mercury cougar (the older rwd kind) and his back end slid around and jumped a series of small sets and set the ass of the car in a 3 foot deep fountain, i bet the people who went to work that morning wondered why their fountain look like it had been raped by godzilla

novass
06-11-2003, 01:03 AM
This is a big list for me. My friends and I have on a couple occasions taken some beaters out to the desert and went offroading in them. Theres a bunch of shit out there like couches, old cars, furniture that people just dump and we drive around crashing into all that and each other sometimes....its a lot of fun.

I have been in quite a few real fast cars with other people driving. The fastest I have ever driven a car was a '87 Ferrari Mondial. I got that car up to the 160-165 range in Palm Springs.

But I would have to say the craziest thing I have ever done was drive my friends '69 Camaro, which he runs in the mid 8's, but I was kind of a pussy and only managed a 9.51@156. The scariest thing was when the light went green and i hammered the gas the front end picked up and all I saw was sky. I had seen him do wheelies in the car before but I still wasnt expecting it.

This is the Camaro: 355 small block Chevy (No nitrous, No boost, No alcohol) the heads were Brodix stage 4 or some shit, he knew the guys so they were doin some custom work for him, ended up with 22:1 compression!! Best ET was 8.2 on 10.5in slicks.

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/21759/p/350273_656925519091918387_v.jpg

noosee
06-11-2003, 03:36 AM
Passing several Red lights with speed of 230 km/h in town with 60 km/h speed limit. With BMW M3.
My car doesnt go faster than 270 KM/H so 270 is the fastest so far for me.

jpm_f1
06-11-2003, 08:19 AM
@ gis:
top speed 996TT: 190mph :twisted:
but as i said before you can`t really say how fast you are driveing, because the speedometer somtimes shows e.g. 294km/h (183mph) but GPS measured it`s "only" ~280km/h (174mph).

@ Johns
believe it or not he already thought of this, because one of his good friends has a GT2 with a bad ass engine tuning kit from TechArt and compared to his GT2 our 996TT is slooooooooow!!! :(
but the 955TT ( we have it since winter ) wasn`t that cheap and so i think the GT2 has to wait some time...

gis
06-11-2003, 08:26 AM
wow,190mph,i didnt know that for a stock 996tt

Banchi105
06-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Thats really awesome. Very lucky guy to be able to drive these cars! :)

possessed_beaver
06-13-2003, 02:18 PM
ok, u guys r fucking psyco's!!!
fuck i envey the shit u guys have done
200in a m3, and running red lights is fucking impressive!.

i have done some high speed runs/ralling in the hills these where some tight roads, and some stupid speeds.... but i soo wana do some high speed runs, in some nice cars!

i have been in some hand break turns nothing exiting.
been in a car that lost sonteol and almost crashed into a brick wall....

geez u rely envey all u guys :@ grrrrr

gis
06-13-2003, 02:46 PM
there has been 3 cars i have dont real high speed runs in,160 in gemballa,165 in my dads bosses 911 turbo (495hp) but that is capable of 200mph on the limiter and 155mph in a new jag xjs which had 400hp but 155 was only cause of the limiter not allowin in to go faster

oh and if u can class this as a high speed run,my car at 115 with 1500rpm to go to redline :D ,well i guess class it as medium speed run,LMAO

coombsie66
06-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Yeah GIS im wiv u in the medium speed zone!!!! 137 (on the clock) in my focus, (wiv the aid of a very large hill!!!!) 125 on flat.
But wiv me dad driving, hit 140 in his M5, whilst chasing a R33 GTR back from goodwood festival of speed!!!!!! That wus pretty wickid.

I very nearly rolled my landrover, after clipping a curb, whilst goin far to fast in2 a junction!!

Crashing a ragged fiesta into banks and fences in a field is pretty damn funny, but never hit more than about 40mph!!!! Bloody wheelspin!! (and is only a 1.1!!!)

1zippo1
06-13-2003, 04:12 PM
Well I once drove my fathers car at 125miles/hour on a road were you could only go 56 and suddenly a tractor pulled up onto the road so I had to slam the brakes and could just slow down just in front of him. That was kinda spectacular :-p and scary at the same time. Have to go now, a friend (18 year old blonde :P ) wanted to go out. So see you guys.

Jabba
06-13-2003, 04:13 PM
You never said what you thought of the avatar I gave you zippo ? :lol:

1zippo1
06-13-2003, 04:20 PM
I did, look in the Top Gear section :-) have to go now
cya later folks

Jabba
06-13-2003, 04:26 PM
ahhhh so you did....how did I miss that....glad you like it....its only a temp one until I can find a hippo as that rhymes with zippo...or I can put another up..... if you want to find a picture and send me the link for it...

AytorSenna
06-15-2003, 08:57 PM
One of the first times my dad let me drive his Renault 21 2.1 120cv at nigth (21:30 or something) i stopped at a red ligth and when it went green i pushed hard in 1st 2nd 3rd not so hard in 4th and when i was in 5th i saw +160 kmh. Of course was 50 limitation speed zone... and i was passing near a police station (dont know if they saw me)...
I'll never do it aggain i promise...
:oops:

coombsie66
06-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Not sure how many MPH 160 KmPH is, but ive seen 110 mph on the 50mph duel carrigeway near me, racing 2 of me mates, the trick is who can brake latest for the speed camera at the end of it!!!!!!!HeHe
This road leads out of the main town near me, has a roundabout joining another duel carrigeway into the highstreet, and a set of trafficlights at the other end, and a cinema, mcdonalds, bowling complex at the other end, its the perfect drag strip on a friday nite!!!!
Oh man, i wanna go home and drive my car again, stuck at bloody uni!! Arse!

gis
06-16-2003, 11:55 AM
dam coombsie66 that road sounds very much like the duel carriageway i have near me,starts at one end,then roundabout,then straight,then camera then another roundabout,then mcdonalds to the laft,burger king to the right,with a video rental shop,bargain booze,only people from england will know what that is i think,then its straight again

the ammount of time i almost been cought out by that 1 single speed camera is unbeleivable

coombsie66
06-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Lol, yeah, i kinda realised where the camera was after the 1st close shave, but the bastards turn em round ever few weeks or so, so u dont know which way its gunna get u!!!!!!!! Gits!
I think they have this sort of arrangement outside most medium sized towns in england, its the boyracers playground! i luv goin out and skinning the rusty old novas and astras alive!! hehe, not 2 much fun when u get fucked on by a celica GT-4, or a scuby tho!!!!! I want a turbo!!!!!!!!

gis
06-17-2003, 04:50 PM
yup the same here,novas everywere,you can hear them a mile away,i could wax my car then when i finished they wud fly by,and in that time they will have finally reached 60mph and blown up

novass
06-20-2003, 03:05 AM
@gis and coombsie....what kind of novas are you takin about? chevys? or is there another one?

gis
06-20-2003, 06:32 AM
yeah dude,there is one by vauxhall,nuthin special about them at all.pretty slow infact,range from a 1 litre engine to a 1.6,and all young lads mine and coombsie66 age have them and think they have a kick ass car,they are more of a ricers car here in the UK,spoilers and huge bodykits on them,and they get beat by practically everythin.

the only time they are actually quick is when older guys do engine conversions,most common is a 2 litre,some 2 litre turbos,and then the odd v6 in them,which must be quick coz the car weighs less than even my car.

but most young lads have the 1.3sr version.huge exhaust,hear them a mile away.they are pretty shit IMO

coombsie66
06-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Yeah, spot on GIS, the vaxhall novas and Astras are the equivelant of americas 'ricers'.
They put huge spoilers on, paint it all themselfs, so it looks wank, and do various other crap 2 them.
There are exceptions 2 this, there are quite a few very nice 2litre novas about, that go like shit off a shovel!!!!!!!! But the majority are 1.3 SRi's.
I beat a load of them in the landrover Defender 300tdi i had 4 my 1st year of driving!!!!!! Hillarious!!!!!

Anonymous
06-20-2003, 06:07 PM

thats for sure man, but out task is to reach 150+mph or the magic 185+mph. for that you needn`t to be brave you have to be simply stupid. even in germany there are less and less parts of the autobahn where you are allowed to speed as much as you can.
my father`d kill me when he gets a ticket of that speed :wink:

Wats magic about 185? Ive done that plus 15 - 17 just on my GSXR going the store on ocasion.....

Jabba
06-20-2003, 06:11 PM
yes and on 2 wheels Krazy...without any protection...not that you need protection with a rubber gal on back :P

gis
06-20-2003, 06:29 PM
lol,that pic was great KH wi u and the fake women,post it up again dude

Anonymous
06-20-2003, 06:43 PM
http://kitty-killers.no-ip.com/ma_hunny.jpg

Watch what ya say round her, shes sensitive about her big mouth!!!

gis
06-20-2003, 06:59 PM
LMAO,how close r u 2 KH

robruf
06-29-2003, 06:10 PM
The highest speed that I have ever done was with a friend in one of my dad's friends Porsches. The car was a 993 Carrera 4, my dad's friend just tossed me the keys to it and told me to go and drive it for about an hour or so. So i did, but first i went over to my buddy's house, picked him up and then proceeded to speed. There is a bridge in Ottawa that is fairly long and hardly any cops patrol it, so this is where we went. The only problem is that at the end of the bridge it is fairly bumpy and not wanting to throw the car off balance and land in a ditch on the side of the road, one has to brake well before the end of the bridge. There is a university right next to this bridge, so we are at a red light and when the light went green, I floored it and the sign said 60km/h, well, I went 240 km/h. If I was caught, they would have taken away my license adn took my dad's friends porsche away right then and there. I cannot wait to get my own Porsche/Ferrari/Lamborhgini so that I can speed all the time and no copper can stop me, you will see me on World's Wildest Police Chases, but htey won't stop me, LOL

gat
07-15-2003, 07:26 AM
hahah, I always remember the mad times we had when the 1st one of my mates could drive.

His 1st car was an MG Metro.....

hahah, its was actually ok..We had this road with a hump back bridge over a railway track. hahah, we used to get the MG up to about 80/85mph when we hit the bridge,

The car would leave the ground for about 2 seconds, hahah, then land, and my mate would have to quickly controll it on the landing.

fuck that was dangerous, of all cars to do it in to.....a metro??
funny.

just so you get an idea, imagine you saw this in the air....lol
http://www.maestroweb.co.uk/images/84m4r2b.jpg

gis
07-15-2003, 08:49 AM
lol,the metro is a classic

a guy i know had the 1.4 gti,he took me out in it,was pretty nippy,but by no means was it as fast as he made it out to be

interceptor_01
07-15-2003, 12:46 PM
Passing several Red lights with speed of 230 km/h in town with 60 km/h speed limit.

man, thats definatly not cool, thats sick

but i donīt want to teach you some lessons...

no crazy things with a car, only 210kph....thats it

Fleischmann
12-22-2003, 08:03 AM
I don't drive but my dad did something funny once. As my gran was getting into the car (one leg in the car, one still on the road), he put his foot down and my gran skided on one leg for about 15 meters before my dad realised what had happened.

Zonda11
12-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Shit that's Crazy.... here in Canada i wouldn't risk doing more than 100MPH , because i don't want a 400 dollar ticket and the increase in insurance costs.

It would cost me 10000+ dollars a year to insure an M3 having never got a ticket!

LOL

takata
12-22-2003, 03:34 PM
have nvr been crazy
insurance here cost ALOT and increases A L O T if u r in any accidents.
worse ...... cars cost like bombs!!

no $$ = no guts! :(

pimrusis
12-22-2003, 06:01 PM
This one time, when I was getting chased by some guy, I did 100 up the shoulder of an 8 lane highway in rush hour traffic before cutting off 3 lanes of traffic to make an exit and lose him.

sickx
12-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Getting paid to drive a C5 during development at 170+mph.
Not sure what was better--driving the car or getting paid to do it!
:wink:

kihoonshin
12-23-2003, 02:57 AM
I drive a V8 taurus... it puts out about 240 HP . I used to live up in seattle and there they have very tight and narrow roads through the forest. I remember coming home one night from a friends house... I raced a motorcycle through the forest road. i remember slowing down to about 80 mph for the corners and swinging wide with understeer... it might not seem like much on paper but the experience was incredible

Not Your Average Joe
12-23-2003, 04:57 AM
Stupidest was maxing out a Caravan at 115 mph. Yeah that's right a minivan :lol: . I've gone faster in other cars but I'd have to say that was the stupidest and/or most pointless high speed driving I have done.

sickx
12-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Stupidest was maxing out a Caravan at 115 mph. Yeah that's right a minivan :lol: . I've gone faster in other cars but I'd have to say that was the stupidest and/or most pointless high speed driving I have done.

Joe--you're right on--max speed it quite boring, acutally, especially if the road is wide open. 200mph in the Enzo on a high-speed test track would not be nearly as entertaining as riding with Bob Bondurant in a 15-passenger van around a road coarse, with thick-side walled tires screaming for their lives. Gives you new respect for driving skills.

Cornutu
12-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Me driving
2002 Corvette Convertible
155mph Top up
132mph Top Down
Friends with me in car
Modded 95 Talon TT NOS
171.9mph

kramerman
12-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Fastest I ever been is about 180km/h (or maybe more but I wasn't looking at the speedo anyways).

About being caught, I just got caught doing 125km/h in a 90km/h zone and got a fine for 170 bucks and 8 demerit points.

Sucks ass.. What a christmas present I would say... :cry:

pimrusis
12-27-2003, 10:37 PM
A cop saw me doing 108 mph down a motorway. I was going so fast that it took him several miles to catch up to me, and that was because I finally slowed down to around 40.

bmwfreak
12-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Fastest? only about 140 Mph. It's hard here in M'sia, with the generally poor quality of roads, etc etc.

Craziest/dumbest stunt? Two actually. Was driving E46 318Ci Convertible, doing about 50 Mph, approaching a hairpin bend, which had a 65 degree angle, on a country road in the middle of nowhere. Four up, me driving with three friends, downchanged, blipped the throttle, and accidentally downchanged again(was using manual mode on Steptronic gearbox), as I entered the corner. Rear end pitched WAY out of line, nearly committed the cardinal sin of lifting off, but in the end, just hammered the pedal into the floor, and escaped with a lurid 100 yard powerslide, in a car that only produces 143 Bhp. Oh, and it was a wet day. I'm not dead, thankfully.

Second one, was driving a fwd daihatsu cuore clone (called perodua kelisa here. Kinda like a nova, actually, and is actually on sale in Britain, *cue guffaws*). It was on a roundabout, and I was sort-of racing against this dude in an old Lancer EVO3. We'd met up at the traffic lights earlier, and he just gunned it when he saw my car had lowered suspension and bigger wheels than standard. Time of incident? About 2.45pm. Daylight. So i plow through the roundabout at about 60mph(no mean feat, since this car's topspeed is only 99mph), and suddenly, understeer, big time, straight towards an Ice Cream truck. Lift off in the middle of turn, slide out the rear, put on opposite lock, and miss the truck by about a foot. The Lancer guy just waved at me and chuckled, whilst i pulled over to the side of the road and wondered whether i should write a book on Near Death Experiences. I discovered that my left rear tire actually had a slow puncture as well as the right front one. As a result, my rims were all knackered, scratched and weren't so shiny anymore. I still wonder why I'm alive.

12-28-2003, 11:24 PM
156 mph in a 65' Mustang coupe (my old SCCA car)
153 mph in a 2000 Saleen S281
143 mph in a 95' M3
142 mph in a 2000 Integra Type R
134 mph in a 92' Mustang LX 5.0

...Only one's I can recall where I actually was able to look down at the speedo. And except for the Saleen, all were on the track...and all were @ Sears Point.

:twisted:

Almost drove that stupid Five-O off a cliff once....fell asleep at the wheel coming back from the coast...Cut across 2 lanes of on-coming traffic before i woke up going sideways at about 50 mph on the side of a grassy embankment. 500 foot drop to my death had I cut across the other directon while I was asleep. That one scared the shit outta me...imagine waking up to that one. :shock: