PDA

View Full Version : Best Engine: Ferrari

ice
03-07-2004, 04:07 PM
I have been meaning to say for quite some time that it is clear ferrari have produced the best engine, and not just for this race. In past uears, it was ferrari, and not BMW, that have set the fastest trap speeds. In this race, Ferrari not only maintained a 1.5+sec advantage, but it was clear that they never pushed to teh max. Just look at where MS set the fastest lap! PLus, the fastest trap speed was set by a Ferrari engine in an inferior car.

Ferrari's reliability has been a key to thier success in past years, and now, with his new points system and engine regulations, this strength of theirs will only add to the Ferrari red curtain. Add to this the fact that there is no power deficit compared to last year, and it is clear that the best engine is clearly Ferrari's. BMW can claim to have the best engine around, and have the media fully endorse it, but for me ill let Ferrari's results continue to do the talking.

SFDMALEX
03-07-2004, 04:42 PM
I always thought that Ferrari had the best engine. I didnt know why everyone is/was saying that BWM had the most powerfull engine. There is nothing to prove that.

The rumors are also saying that Ferrari's 2004 engine is more powerfull then the 2003 engine. Well that extradinary considering the new rules.

And for those who think aerodynamics have to do anything with Ferraris trap speeds in comparsion to BWM are wrong. I strongly beleave and its quite obvious that the Ferrari has more downforce on their car, and they still get the highest trap speeds. So yeah the Ferrari is more powerfull.

yg60m
03-07-2004, 05:28 PM
You can have lot of downforce and a good speed, it's not incompatible and in fact it's the key to have a good car, having downforce without to compromise the top speed. There is downforce and aerodynamic drag coefficient, this is not really the same even if close. I think some members could say more about that and better than me.
Anyway, i think too that the Ferrari engine has nothing to envy to the BMW. Maybe not more powerful but not less too.