20 RAIKKONEN McLaren + 49 laps

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp/gp1.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp/gp2.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp/gp4.jpg

MARVELOUS 8) 8) 8)

Full race video coming soon........

Toronto
03-07-2004, 02:07 AM
yes is race wasn't very good to watch, (AUSTRALIAN GP never is) good to see williams get some point, but williams still has to get used to their car :D

Jabba
03-07-2004, 02:18 AM
yes is race wasn't very good to watch,

I guess that depends if you are a Ferrari diehard or not....I loved every second of it....great to see Alonso on the podium also....

initiala4
03-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Interesting year to start....cant wait for the vids! :D

FerrariKiller
03-07-2004, 02:27 AM
After Alonso's tremendous start the race was as exciting as watching curling on TV. Hopefully as teams get adjusted to their new cars they will begin dethroneing Ferrari.

... and Mclaren? Ouch.

Long Live JV

levensnevel
03-07-2004, 02:41 AM
This
http://www.sportcraftcars.com/raceart/Ferrari/FERRARI_SHIELD-PRANCING_ABOVE_THE_REST.gif
says it all.
Found it on the PH messageboard where it was posted by "maranellouk"

antonioledesma
03-07-2004, 02:52 AM
hope we don't see another season like the 2001 or 02.
I know a lot of JW members are ferrari fans, but a season just like today's race will make the whole season... boring.
Even for the most hardcore testarossa, a nice season just like last year will make a more interesting championship

HoboPie
03-07-2004, 03:07 AM
For the first race I think just watching how the cars were doing and seeing some questions answered was pretty exciting. An entire season of that might be pretty boring though.

I have to say though that I am a fan of F1 racing, but not even so much the actual competition. I thoroughly enjoy watching the F1 cars drive around the circuit, when Ferrari wins I'm just that much happier.

5vz-fe
03-07-2004, 03:18 AM
Altho I am a big fan of Ferrari, I am quite surprise at the reliability of the engine at that pace. Schumi is constantly doing 1:24s with out breaking a sweat... :mrgreen:

NYCHonda
03-07-2004, 03:30 AM
I didn't enjoy the Australian GP that much. It wasn't fun at all in my opinion. There wasn't that many overtaking & battling. Well, I guess that's how F1 is these days anyway but I'm looking forward for Malaysian GP. Hopefully it'll be better. I'm a big Honda fan so I'm definitely looking forward for Button & Sato to do well next race.

yg60m
03-07-2004, 03:52 AM
hope we don't see another season like the 2001 or 02.
I know a lot of JW members are ferrari fans, but a season just like today's race will make the whole season... boring.
Even for the most hardcore testarossa, a nice season just like last year will make a more interesting championship

Same for me, winning without real opposition is not really attractive :( if it continues i won't watch the GP all the season for sure :|

geekdiggy
03-07-2004, 04:01 AM
this race was a no contest, it was all ferrari beginning to end. it's delightful if you're a ferrari fan (which i totally am) but not so exciting if you're a fan of the rest of te field (which i totally am). the only thing that went through my mind at the end of the gp was damn, if things keep going like this ferrari will go undefeated this season, which seems a bit far fetched. or is it...

yg60m
03-07-2004, 04:46 AM
this race was a no contest, it was all ferrari beginning to end. it's delightful if you're a ferrari fan (which i totally am) but not so exciting if you're a fan of the rest of te field (which i totally am). the only thing that went through my mind at the end of the gp was damn, if things keep going like this ferrari will go undefeated this season, which seems a bit far fetched. or is it...

Hum, maybe delightful if they had not win all these races but frightened (for me) if you saw the 2002 season ... Of course it's nice to see the SF winning the race but if it announce a boring season then it's a gloomy prospect :?

kawa22
03-07-2004, 05:19 AM
Schummy :shock: the 7 title is possible
Rubiniho 13 sec :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chingachgook
03-07-2004, 05:24 AM
Fantastic race!
For me an year like 2002 or 2001 is not boring, it's fantastic!!! A demostration of the power of Ferrari, unbeatable even if they try to do something changing the rules

PATo355
03-07-2004, 06:43 AM
My network airs the show 12 hours later , but i will see it of course , nice to see Ferrari is doing gr8 again ... 5 in a row ? would be incredibl

gucom
03-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Long Live JV

Jos Verstappen? yeah i know its a shame he aint there anymore :(
i liked the race alot, shame of raikkonen, but he'll b back sum day(i hope)

levensnevel
03-07-2004, 06:55 AM
JV = Jos verstappen
I was waiting for that interpretation :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm 99.9999999999% certain that FerrariKiller had someone else in mind when he wrote that message :fadein:
someone else as in former world champion .....
But I won't hold it against you gucom, you're still young :wink:

celica
03-07-2004, 07:55 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\CELICA\Documenti\Immagini\podio.jpgC:\Doc uments and Settings\CELICA\Documenti\Immagini\bambini.jpg

forza ferrari siamo troppo forti

michael & rubens great race

Jabba
03-07-2004, 08:25 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\CELICA\Documenti\Immagini\podio.jpgC:\Doc uments and Settings\CELICA\Documenti\Immagini\bambini.jpg

forza ferrari siamo troppo forti

michael & rubens great race

You can email me those above images if you want.... and I will try and host them for you.

[email protected]

Jabba
03-07-2004, 08:29 AM
I have to say though that I am a fan of F1 racing, but not even so much the actual competition. I thoroughly enjoy watching the F1 cars drive around the circuit, when Ferrari wins I'm just that much happier.

You are not alone.... 8) 8) 8)

Jabba
03-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Fantastic race!
For me an year like 2002 or 2001 is not boring, it's fantastic!!! A demostration of the power of Ferrari, unbeatable even if they try to do something changing the rules

Yep...they have done their homework on the rule changes for this season by the looks of it. 8) 8) 8)

cho_888
03-07-2004, 08:47 AM
the race was good, no competition. I watched it all from the box.

gucom
03-07-2004, 08:48 AM
JV = Jos verstappen
I was waiting for that interpretation
I'm 99.9999999999% certain that FerrariKiller had someone else in mind when he wrote that message
someone else as in former world champion .....
But I won't hold it against you gucom, you're still young

lol i knew who he meant, juss jokin around. Schumi did say hell miss jos more than jaques tho :D

robruf
03-07-2004, 09:28 AM
That was such a boring race, I almost fell asleep, congrats to Ferrari though for having the best setup and to being the best prepared I guess it made theFerrari (Fitosi)fans really happy,but, the race sucked no one challenged anyone really hard, there was hardly any real passing amongst ony of the top ten competitors.

I do have to say congrats to the BAR team as they have imroved a hell of a lot over last year, with Button finishing sixth and Sato tninth. Renault has a kick ass aerodynamic package it seems but lets see what happens in the next race. What happened to McLaren and BMW, they were nowhere to be found, hopefully byt he next race everthing will be sorted out.

firdausasri
03-07-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm a Ferrari fan and it's a dream result for a start. Yahooo !

I guess those who rated Williams highly (mostly due to its wierd front wings) gonna have to eat back their words. Oh yeah, although I've always wanted strong presense from McLaren boys, at this points onwards, it seems they're going to trail the Renaults from behind.

SFDMALEX
03-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Well Ferrari dominated the race period. It is funny how people say that "the other teams are just getting used to their cars etc.". Well winter testing exists, if you did not know that, and they had plenty of time to get used to the cars. Ferrari dominated the field by a big chunk of time. They were just pulling away constataly and were setting astronomical lap times. What ever the other teams do, I dont see them getting 2sec+ any time soon. And by the time they do get some speed Ferrari will clinch the championship. Now these are all speculations. I see another 2002 season unfortunatly, and if Ferrari dont win a race it will be due to someone taking them out of the race physicly by crashing or something like that. I hope I'll be proven wrong, but they simply dominated this whole weekend, in all the sessions by a big big margin. They did great in the testing and qual, and they did 10x better in the race. So you be the judge.

hwe
03-07-2004, 11:36 AM
yes is race wasn't very good to watch,

I guess that depends if you are a Ferrari diehard or not....I loved every second of it....great to see Alonso on the podium also....

Loved the result :D !

Great to start the season with a double ! Also nice to see Alonso on the podium once again. But the race was not exciting I think.

Forca Ferrari !

Jabba
03-07-2004, 12:13 PM
But the race was not exciting I think.
Forca Ferrari !!

I guess a one horse race never is...or a two horse race in this case :wink: (couldn't resist that one)

redbaron
03-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Nice result, but not a very exciting race... It's nice too see 2 Ferraris at the front, but the race itself was a bit boring....
I don't think the Ferraris will be dominating the whole season. When the temperature gets higher the Michelin-tyres will perform better. The temperatures in Melbourne today were a bit too low for the Michelins but excellent for the Bridgestones. But I think the Ferrari is fast and reliable enough to win the championship at the end of the season :D

Forza Ferrari!!!!!!!!!

kteo2003
03-07-2004, 01:06 PM
if the season continues like this which i don't(because there are a lot of money in bets)it will be extremely boring...i am a huge fan but in the middle of the gp i fall asleep and guess what no problem because nothing changed...
anyway i think that ron dennis said that the michellin didn't work and that is why the frustration of mclaren and bmw...
and another thing this weard front nose of the bmw gives an advantage when there is not another car in front that can disturb the flow of the air..
when there is another car the bmw 's lose much of this ground effect and the car become unstable...

5vz-fe
03-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Does anyone notice that Pascal Vasselon from Michellin thinks there's no problem with their tires =P~

Quote from F1-live.com
Pascal Vasselon
"The pace of the race was much faster this season than it was in 2003, to the tune of about two seconds per lap. The top four Michelin finishers used three different tyre compounds, which underlines that all our options were well suited to the conditions."

Toronto
03-07-2004, 03:07 PM
This
http://www.sportcraftcars.com/raceart/Ferrari/FERRARI_SHIELD-PRANCING_ABOVE_THE_REST.gif
says it all.
Found it on the PH messageboard where it was posted by "maranellouk"

theres not that many teams in F1? :D

Drive4Ever
03-07-2004, 03:10 PM
McLaren really need to do something about their cars. seems like they have a lot of problems. its gonna be a long season for them if they dont. :cry:

bmagni
03-08-2004, 03:05 AM
great race by ferrari !!! where the hell is mc laren ???? no big expectation 4 em this season...
i expect a big fight bet. renault n williams, not much to say though its the first race
forza ferrari

stradale
03-08-2004, 05:23 AM
I didn't watch the race, but it seems I haven't missed much. I enjoy Ferrari crushing the opposition in such a grand way, but I agree with you guys that some exciting battles and real competition makes better races. I'd like to see Schumi and Ferrari clinching the world championship once more, but not by too big a margin. Last season was good fun and I hope Williams and Renault can give Ferrari a run for their money this season. McLaren (and especially Coulthard) can battle it out with the Saubers for all I care.

LOL at levensnevel! Nice picture. It says it all indeed. :D And at gucom, although Minardi and Jordan are crap, it's a shame Jos Verstappen is not there this season. He deserves a decent car to show how good he really is.

DTM8
03-08-2004, 04:07 PM
The race was decent.

Great for all those ferrari fans, I guess...

tekwar
03-09-2004, 07:33 PM
I was at the race and it was probably one of the most "boring" i have seen. Very few retirements, barely any overtaking, and the ferraris lead from start to finish, no pit incident, welll pretty much nothing happened, it was like watching a parade. Ferrari too too dominant. Lets hope the other teams catch up for the next race.

Surprised at the pace shown by BAR, seems like honda has been doing their homework, surprised to see them mixing it up with the top teams. Also surprised that mark webber was able to stick with them as well before his retirement, i think its more the ability of the driver than the car here.

Williams was really dissapointing, was hoping at least one of the cars could keep up with ferrari, but they were blown away even by the likes of renault, but Alonso is a very impressive talent. No comments on McLaren (my team), they just sucked real bad.

The new qualifying is too long and not very interesting as well, they need to bring back the free for all that they had 2 years ago.

Well hoping for a good race in my home country, Malaysia, let hope Michelins run better there and we get a good race.