PDA

View Full Version : Browser!

corvette97
03-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey, wich internet browser should i DL, i have used IE nad sucked, NETSCAPE and sucked, tell me a good one plz

thanxs!

Cornutu
03-05-2004, 05:04 PM
try mozilla

corvette97
03-05-2004, 09:55 PM
please give me a link

thanxs!

Cornutu
03-05-2004, 10:39 PM
http://www.mozilla.org/

davmac
03-05-2004, 11:00 PM
i use opera
http://www.opera.com/

altezza
03-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Mozilla Firefox
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

RC45
03-06-2004, 01:17 AM
LOL - just save the headache and run IE6.x... hehe

oscargarza88
03-06-2004, 01:32 AM
u should use opera, it a little confusing at the begining but then it is reall helpfull!
www.opera.com
like devmac said

corvette97
03-06-2004, 11:37 AM
RC45 lol, if i use IE6 i WILL have a headache! LOL

espen
03-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Opera is superior ;)

(its really good)

RC45
03-06-2004, 03:29 PM
IE is free and works on 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of all websites... I guess that qualifies it as rulbish... ;) :lol:

Cornutu
03-06-2004, 04:18 PM
No RC45 is correct. IE is pretty damn nice. Opera is bested my Firebird. If IE had tabbing...oh yeah. The lag time on firebird and opera suck. Go with IE stop hating on Gates. It's the man's passion and he does a good job.

corvette97
03-07-2004, 12:22 AM
:| :| :|

i am looking a good browser cuz in MY computer the file is corrupted and closes all the time and make my PC really slow, but thats my case. i use IE in other PC's and works fine.

so thanxs!!

RC45
03-07-2004, 01:02 AM
:| :| :|

i am looking a good browser cuz in MY computer the file is corrupted and closes all the time and make my PC really slow, but thats my case. i use IE in other PC's and works fine.

so thanxs!!

What file is corrupted? That is probably the most overused copout in the world...

IF "the file" is corrupt - simply install a fresh copy :roll:

espen
03-07-2004, 11:37 AM
RC45, I work on computers a lot and see this problem quite a bit. Usually its either because an earlier installation of ie or other windows components have stopped or been aborted or because of general windows fuckup. Other causes are virus infections, as the killer utils sometimed screw up IE.

IE is in my opinion both primitive and slow compared to Opera. And yes its free, but so is Opera - unless you decide to pay just to support a good company. If you insist on using IE, may I suggest MyIE, which wraps IE in a more useful shell and adds some much needed privacy options.

Personally, I feel handicapped when I have to use IE.

RC45
03-07-2004, 12:39 PM
RC45, I work on computers a lot and see this problem quite a bit. Usually its either because an earlier installation of ie or other windows components have stopped or been aborted or because of general windows fuckup. Other causes are virus infections, as the killer utils sometimed screw up IE.

I "work on computers" too - and I am TELLING you - the number of times "a corrupted file" turns out to be NOT a corrupted file is more times than not. A corrupted registry value - or an incorrect parameter yes - but corrupted on disc files - no.

Why do I say this? Because if the modern "file system" (consisting of both hardware and OS) were SO unreliable as to cause installed files to randomly corrupt at the rate you are suggesting, then the simple act of starting a computer would be a complete hit and miss afair - as in you would need to re-install your entire system every other startup - which we KNOW is not the case.

BTW - quite a technical analysis there "general windows fuckup" - how about "general user fuckup" - because the only time a computer configuration deteriates is when you have imbecilick users constantly screw withit to the point of failure....

espen
03-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Hehe. General user fuckup is of course a much more precise conclusion, particularly at the Uni of Bergen where I work :lol: Not much of a prob as we've just migrated onto XP/2003 AD system and now just remote ghost the pcs, but used to be a real pain in the butt.

As for general fuckup, thats often what happens whan the user has installed pretty much all the shareware, mediaplayers, Bonzibuddy and super smart toolbars there are, and then decide to clean up by uninstalling all at once thru control panel. Since these have dubious strings attached just about everywhere, there's bound to be trouble.

As for corrupted, I'm sure you're right. Actual failed files are probably rare, but I suppose the corrupt part comes from the error msg you get when Javascript has been "fixed" by Symantecs (and probably any other) virus removal tool. I forget wether it was Nimda or whatever but had that exact problem over and over myself at work. Thus we swithched to Opera - problem solved.