PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes SLK AMG safety car F1

Tsjilp
03-05-2004, 11:40 AM
100 kilo lighter than a "normal" slk amg

http://users.skynet.be/bendevanspanje/jabbasworld/4391.jpg

(don't know if it is already posted, but this time I used the search button ... and found nothing)

Tomerville
03-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Its pretty hot, but I don't like where mercedes is going with the F1 style, pointy-ish noses. I think it is still an improvement over the current SLK class still.

campank
03-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Gah.... I dunno when I think safety, the letters SLK don't exactly come to mind. Even though its not AMG, I'd love to see an SLR as a safety car.

Interestingly enough when I was watching practice yesterday, I thought I saw a new BMW 6-Series in safety car regailia right at the exit of pit lane. I didn't get a screen cap though. Did anyone else notice this?

Toronto
03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
i don't know if this is going to be used at all the races, i think last year at some races they used sl's and at others Cl's so we will just have to wait and see.

ravenpaua
03-05-2004, 02:49 PM
i don't know if this is going to be used at all the races, i think last year at some races they used sl's and at others Cl's so we will just have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure that last season safety car was the CLK 55 AMG.

If you want some pics of it I have some taken during the last spanish GP.

ae86_16v
03-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Its pretty hot, but I don't like where mercedes is going with the F1 style, pointy-ish noses. I think it is still an improvement over the current SLK class still.

Yeah, it does look HOT. Definitely looks A LOT better than the current SLK.

Hmm. . . Z4 vs SLK?

oantob
03-06-2004, 11:07 PM
why the merc is the only car makers that allowed by FIA for making safety cars..?
they should change it...maybe bmw or jaguar, or even toyota or something...