PDA

View Full Version : Info on any sanctioned drift event...

dragula_bassman
03-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Is there anyone who knows of any drift events coming to the east coast this year?
I live in Georgia, and there isn't squat for drifting events here, just a bunch of rednecks mudboggin' :microwave:
Its fun sometimes street drifting, but unlawful and dangerous. Anyone with good info would be greatly appreciated

Vansquish
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
I think drifting is alright, but it has to be confined to racetracks and other safe places. I think it gets a little too much publicity too, but there is a certain amount of skill involved, so I don't see why there shouldn't be competitions.

Igorionia
03-02-2004, 05:35 PM
IMHO it's just way/style of driving.and it need to be skillful enought to drift
I think Drifting is good way of having fun (ofcourse not on some kind of local street where a lot of children or citizens)

aliendude012
03-02-2004, 05:37 PM
I think drifting is nothing but showing off. It may take a little skill to know how to let the rear loose, and control it, but put that towards something more productive. Drive in a real race and beat the pants off a Z06 with your modded fbody. Feels better. And for those who think so, drifting is not the fastest way around a corner, its just the most dangerous.

geekdiggy
03-02-2004, 08:47 PM
IDrive in a real race and beat the pants off a Z06 with your modded fbody

if people wanted to do that, then they wouldn't drift, would they? dumbass

dragula_bassman
03-02-2004, 11:00 PM
As TT put it
if people wanted to do that, then they wouldn't drift, would they? and yes, any person who races road track knows that there is a certain amount of drift when cornering, it usually comes at the corner exit and usually if you hit the gas a little soon in the corner.
And yes drift comp. is show, but how little you know if you say it only takes a little skill to drift!
Hey, Bartender! Cut this man off, hes had too much! :snipersmile:

novass
03-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Personally I enjoy drifting a lot. I enjoy all forms of motorsport. Rally, road racing, drag racing, whatever...if it burns fuel, ill watch it. I dont know of anyone that likes drifting and thinks its the fastest way around a corner. Its pretty obvious the way the comps are set up that its not about speed but style.

But in answer to your question of whether or not there are any drift events on the East coast, I dont know, sorry.

graywolf624
03-03-2004, 01:03 AM
and yes, any person who races road track knows that there is a certain amount of drift when cornering, it usually comes at the corner exit and usually if you hit the gas a little soon in the corner.

Actually no. Completely incorrect. What you are describing is a power slide not a drift. And in fact, it isn't what you want to do.

dragula_bassman
03-03-2004, 01:08 AM
When I said a certain amount, I in fact mean when the car is in the verge of oversteer(F1 or GT), not a powerslide(like D1 drift)

graywolf624
03-03-2004, 01:22 AM
When I said a certain amount, I in fact mean when the car is in the verge of oversteer(F1 or GT), not a powerslide(like D1 drift)

D1 drift is not a power slide. When the car slides a little cause you screw up your line, that is a power slide. Thats what you occassionally see in f1 or gt. In reality their is supposed to be know skidding or sliding whatsoever in road racing.

geekdiggy
03-03-2004, 01:41 AM
seriously guys, powerslide is a type of drifting, so essentially it's the same fuckin thing just different name

As TT put it
if people wanted to do that, then they wouldn't drift, would they?

i'm not TT

graywolf624
03-03-2004, 01:43 AM
seriously guys, powerslide is a type of drifting, so essentially it's the same fuckin thing just different name

No it isn't.
And I reiterate that powersliding only occurs when the driver screws up in road racing.

dragula_bassman
03-03-2004, 01:52 AM
:snipersmile: no need to fight, we just have two opinions an the subject. I just want some friggin' info on drift events!LOL

dragula_bassman
03-05-2004, 02:24 AM
Still, the question remains, any info on drift events on the Eats Coast? :?:

8oost0ne
03-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know of any drift events coming up in the midwest (chicago)...If so...Thanks

dragula_bassman
03-07-2004, 01:35 AM
Honda Motorsports....HOMO!!!!!!!!! I think you are correct!