PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fiesta '03

donpanzani
03-01-2004, 03:25 PM
I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to get some more power out of my mother's '03 Ford Fiesta. The engine is a 1300cc, gives about 70 bhp, and 106 Nm of torque.
That aint much, I know! :lol:
Thing is that I really like to drive this car, it handles really nice, but it would be even more nice if it had a little bit more power.

A dude in a local car-maintainance shop told me that an open airfilter (K&N) and a sports exhaust (such as remus etc.) will only result in some more torque (6-10 Nm more). More torque is fine, but isn't there a way to get more out of it? :?:

In the meanwhile, I'll just keep on dreaming 'bout an M5... :wink:

coombsie66
03-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Jon_s would be the guy to talk to about fessies.
A K&N cone filter will only give you noise if u dont have it heat shielded and fed with cold air adequately. A K&N panel filter and better cold air feed to the standard air box (removal of the resonator box if there is one) etc will give a bit.
A cat back exhaust will also make it sound nicer, and increase throttle response. But these arnt gunna get you more than 1-2 bhp.
Could always get an 1800 zetec conversion!!?
Or a CVH turbo, or the daddy, a ZVH 2.1 turbo !!!!! 178 mph fiesta nyone!!!!??

jon_s
03-02-2004, 10:29 AM
well hello!

goto www.ukfiestanetwork.co.uk

Don't worry about the 'UK' bit, there are a lot of Europeans on there. There are whole sections devoted to the mk6 in terms of style/performance e.t.c all your questions will be answered. Take a moment to look through previous posts, use the search function....then if you have any more question, feel free to post (obviously).

Also, put up a newbie post, we are all quite friendly!

p.s there are ongoing debates about the induction kit. A panel filter seems to give better results...we have done a lot a rolling road research into the matter. An induction kit will sound better, however, in the summer especially you may notice a DROP in performance.....hence the need for a heat shield.

I personally have a induction ket, I am working on a heat sheild...

donpanzani
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Thx a lot for replying to me, I'll certainly will have a look on the www.ukfiestanetwork.co.uk forums. Today, I had a closer look at the MK5 of a friend of mine, he had a cone air filter, and a sports exhaust. Souds damn nice!
However, there is not an inceasement of power...
Hehe, 2.1l itre turbo conversion :wink: Good idea! Think about my mother's safety!! :mrgreen:
BTW what do u mean by a newbie post?

Greets

jon_s
03-02-2004, 05:36 PM
it is just a hello, I am from....., I have......., e.t.c

Post it in the FAO/Newbie section