PDA

View Full Version : Best track *RATED by 28 Drivers/Journalist/Engineers*

Toronto
03-01-2004, 11:32 AM
I just got my march issue of F1 racing mag (and what an issue) it rates the top tracks for the 2004season (without the 2 new ones)

here they are

16. Hockenheim
15. Magny-Cours
14. Nurburgring
13. Hungaroging
12. Indianapolis
11. Imola
10. Circuit de Catalunya
9. Silverstone
8. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (so happy this canadian track was b4 silverstone :D)
7. Albert Park
6. Sepang
5. Monza
4. Interlagos
3. Monaco
2. Suzuka
1. Spa-Francorchamps

this month they also rated the top teams (twice) and had a story of Senna in karting

firdausasri
03-02-2004, 03:08 AM
IMHO, the most challenging one should have been Monaco. ^

Toronto
03-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Monaco is not a good race IMO, if you win poll you should win the race if there are no problems

Vansquish
03-02-2004, 05:22 PM
But Spa does have Eau Rouge...it's an awfully good corner.

aliendude012
03-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Monaco is not a good race IMO, if you win poll you should win the race if there are no problems

I agree. Its a beautiful track, and no doubt a blast, as well as challenging to drive, but poll position should take the cake as long as he doesnt screw up. Suzuki is a nice, fun, challenging track as well.

SPAD
03-08-2004, 09:49 PM
As a Canadian I feel a bit ashamed saying this but indianapolis is my favorite track to watch. lots of passing.

SPEEDCORE
03-20-2004, 08:09 AM
How did the Hungaroging not come last?? Ohh cause it was voted by engineers and drivers.... it certainly is the most boring race to watch all race year.

Monza is my favourite(well being there back in 1998 with 220000 tifosi and a Ferrari 1-2 certainly helps :D )

bahkhok
03-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Spa the best track. How can you beat the run up Eau Rouge? Or the high speed Blanchimont. It looked crazy when Irvine ran Luciano Burti off the road there a few years ago.

possessed_beaver
03-25-2004, 01:47 AM
albert park - i diden't think it was that good,
i still think monoco is the best!

Kangaroo Boy
03-25-2004, 08:25 AM
I reckon Monaco or Monza would be the most challenging track.

astonmartinandy
03-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Spa isn't a bad choice, it is still a great circuit, but I really wish they would re-vamp and sort out Silverstone. It could be so much better with some work

noosee
03-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Maybe Monaco is the most challeging one but it should be on the last place as it is one of the most not interesting to wach. (together with Hungaroring)
No overtakings :(

Toronto
03-25-2004, 05:32 PM
I reckon Monaco or Monza would be the most challenging track.

i don't see how u can say monza is a challenging track, the fastest car wins, no driver needed, and monaco is a completly different type track made fo pole setters (y do u think senna did so well there?)

beemrmem3
03-29-2004, 11:04 PM
In my F1 career game my favorite tracks are Sepang, Silverstone, Albert Park and Nurburgring
I hate Monaco, watching and racing. Id put it second to last, next to Hockenheim, which i think is the stupidest track ever. :roll:

ae86_16v
03-30-2004, 02:00 PM
In my F1 career game my favorite tracks are Sepang, Silverstone, Albert Park and Nurburgring
I hate Monaco, watching and racing. Id put it second to last, next to Hockenheim, which i think is the stupidest track ever. :roll:

What's wrong, you don't like the girls, the glamor, the celebrities?

J/king. Yeah, there is almost no room for passing there. It is a fun course to drive though (F1 2003 and GT3) =) .

possessed_beaver
03-31-2004, 06:15 AM
The worst track is Hungaroring... because it's a Monaco without girls, money and glamour! Monaco has something special... may be the races are boring there, but it's Monaco! Hungaroring instead is a stupid circuit, slow, without overtakings...

yes exacley it's the atmosphere, most of the famous people that go to watch it woulden't be able to name more than 1 forumla 1 driver, hahah but must be one fucking awsome party!

he7lius
03-31-2004, 08:14 AM
I see some of you say the Monaco and some other ones are the challenging ones. But i Think F1 is not all about challenge, but driving pleasure. If u play a F1 game which track will you play for hours and hours??? Spa.

Why?? Because it has everything. Hair-pins, straights, hills, fast corves, slow corves,....etc. fabulous track, and also it is very long which doesn't make it so boring.

And because of this it is very difficult to setup the car.
Should you have low downforce so your fast in the straight to overtake or have more downforce so your fast in the corners???
This is also challenging.

Monaco is very challenging for the drivers but not for the cars.

racer_f50
03-31-2004, 02:22 PM
If u play a F1 game which track will you play for hours and hours??? Spa.

actually i prefer racing at Monza, way more exciting for me. but i really love driving fast in games, i don't mind the occasional chicane or slower curvy tracks, but for me its all about the speed :D

same thing with F355 Challenge on Dreamcast, i play Monza constantly. maybe its the Italian car driving an Italian circuit that draws me to that.

beemrmem3
04-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes, Monza is fun as well. I love trying to go around parabolica is fast as possible. maybe i would like monaco better if it wasnt so much f'n harder then the other tracks on F1 career

he7lius
04-01-2004, 08:23 PM
If u play a F1 game which track will you play for hours and hours??? Spa.

actually i prefer racing at Monza, way more exciting for me. but i really love driving fast in games, i don't mind the occasional chicane or slower curvy tracks, but for me its all about the speed :D

Well i been playing F1 game since 98 in the old PlayStation. But since GP3 came out i haven't played many others. I also love speed but GP3 and GP4 gives me a great pleasure because i can setup the car and "drive it" in my way.

I love comming out ot the hair pin, accelarate and go up the hill, get some selepstreem and "yeh baby yeh :D , have some of that :D ".

I actually love all the tracks :D exept Monaco :oops: , too hard to play in.

szumszer
04-02-2004, 05:22 PM
spa is definitely number one, monaco should be number two, suzuka was rated way too high, what about a-ring that should have been in top five, imola should be number three, magny is also an awesome track and deserves to be in top seven, monza is a sure top fiver, cause its so special ... most of the list makes sense, but a few selections such as suzuka, sepang and circuit de catalunya are way over-rated

coombsie66
04-03-2004, 05:58 PM
ive cycled monza and spa, and IMO Spa is one awsome track, but i found monza to be a bit boring, very stop/starty and not a lot of 'flow' about it. i dont like silverstone. Brands hatch grand prix circuit is waaay better.

sameerrao
04-04-2004, 02:02 AM
I have the same top 3 - I am amazed that interlagos scored so high :!:

... for other F1 tracks from a different era here are some of my favs in no particular order ..

1. Nurburgring - the green hell 172 corners
2. old Spa (5 miles plus - 150 mph avg speeds)
3. Osterreichring (predecessor to A1)
4. Mosport (in Canada - really flowing circuit)
5. Watkins Glen (also flows well)
6. Monza before the blasted chicanes)
7. Zandwort

There are a lot of other circuits you can play on Grand Prix Legends that I wish came to F1

1. Bremgarten
2. Mt. Panorama - Bathurst in Australia

N.J.
04-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Here's the Top Ten F1 Tracks from Australia's MOTOR magazine (June 2004 Edition)

1. Nurburgring Nordschleife (North Circuit), Germany

"Too tough for F1 fairies, this riotous ribbon remains the most challenging course of all, with its seemingly endless sequence of twisting turns."

and the rest...

2. Spa-Fracorchamps, Belgium
3. Suzuka, Japan
4. Osterreichring, Austria
5. Monza, Italy
6. Paul Ricard, France
7. Kyalami, South Africa
8. Brands Hatch (Grand Prix Course), England
9. Monte Carlo, Monaco
10.Interlagos, Brazil

spitfire6000
04-17-2004, 10:50 AM
my bid wouldve went on monaco

SPAD
05-02-2004, 09:01 PM
I like monza too.i guess its not verry challenging but its fun to watch the occational drafting battles.

Drogear
05-19-2004, 02:54 PM
I think that the reason Monaco is so high is because of all the history and prestige that goes along with the track. I have been to it and I must say that it is an out-of-body experience. There, the racing is not the draw, it is the city and all the excitment. For that reason I think that it is so high.

NYCHonda
05-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Suzuka is the best in my opinion. The reason why I don't like Monaco is because not enough room to do a lot of overtaking.