PDA

View Full Version : evo magazine back issues request

TT
07-27-2003, 06:31 PM
I don't know how many of our members, Jabba and gis apart, are typing from UK, but I hope lot of them ;)

As some of you already know, I'm trying to have all the back issues I missed! That's not an easy task beeing in Switzerland, because the only method is ebay and now that I need only 18 of them, it will be more and more hard for the right ones to come up.. and to win them ;)
To bad I subscribed only from issue 37 on :(

I know evo for many like me it's a bible and that most of the reader won't ever sell their old issues., but I'll try to ask anyway :)

Does someone have some old issues he/she wants to get rid of ? ;) Or maybe friends or relatives?

I can also write here the ones I still need:

2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 22, 23, 25, 28, 28, 34 and 35

I know I won't get positive answers, but I had to try :D

Thanks anyway for your time :)

jon_s
07-28-2003, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear that you read EVO mate. I get it without fail!! Have you tried the back isses in the mag itself?? Some have sold out, but not all.

I am afraid that I like my back issues. Sorry mate. :cry:

TT
07-28-2003, 02:23 PM
Of course I tried, but the first 20 or more are no more available of course ...

Anyway, evo rules and it's without a doubt the better car mag in the world!

I hust "updated" my subscription for another 48 months :)

stracing
07-29-2003, 12:47 PM
actually i find british mags are just way better than we get. every cover is just holden and ford, ford vs holden, holden or ford. i'm getting sick of that, it is always just these two dumb fucking cars and they aren't that particularly special.

i occasiionally buy CAR or EVO or Top Gear. but they're just too expenisive. they like $15AUD and for the latest edition its like $20AUD :shock: :shock: :shock:

i mite have some old ones but they're prolly full of piss stains coz i leave them in the bathroom after i take a dump. :P

if you're brave i'll have a look if they're still here. i usually keep all my mags

TT
07-29-2003, 02:00 PM
actually i find british mags are just way better than we get. every cover is just holden and ford, ford vs holden, holden or ford. i'm getting sick of that, it is always just these two dumb fucking cars and they aren't that particularly special.

i occasiionally buy CAR or EVO or Top Gear. but they're just too expenisive. they like $15AUD and for the latest edition its like $20AUD :shock: :shock: :shock:

i mite have some old ones but they're prolly full of piss stains coz i leave them in the bathroom after i take a dump. :P

if you're brave i'll have a look if they're still here. i usually keep all my mags

Dang, the piss thing scares me a little ;) But it's nice from you anyway :)
I also have no idea about shipping costs from Autralia.. I often buy in US or UK, but never so far away :)

TT
08-01-2003, 02:35 PM
Not much response, but it was obvious.. anyway.. I managed to win some more issues on ebay.. so here is the updated list of the back issues I still have to find:

2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 18, 19, 22, 23, 25 and 35

Jabba
08-01-2003, 03:27 PM
this is edition 14...the one that featured my old Lamborghini Diablo...I willl scan the feature in tommorow if I have time....

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/DV53.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/DV54.jpg

TT
08-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Great! Sadly I never saw the 14 on ebay!!

Anyway in two days I'll have to "take out" between 30 and 40 GBP for issue #2!! :shock:

Jabba
08-01-2003, 05:55 PM
I would send it to you for free TT....but its sentimental to me because of my old car being featured in it....

TT
08-01-2003, 06:12 PM
I would send it to you for free TT....but its sentimental to me because of my old car being featured in it....

LOL, don't worry! How can you ever type such thing? :)

Jabba
08-01-2003, 06:30 PM
I guess cause I can see how you nearly have the whole collection...and I know how annoying it can be...not to have the final missing piece of the puzzle...I am sure a copy will turn up sooner or later...

TT
08-01-2003, 07:05 PM
I hope so... and I'm just wondering how hard would be to find the last two or three ;)

Porsche911r101
08-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Erm u shoulda said because about 4 months ago I binned all my old issues of:

Evo
Car
Max Power
Redline
Fast Car
Revs
Top Gear
Performance Ford
Performance VW
Japanese Performance
Japanese Banzai

I counted them all out and used a fixed price of £3 each (and most were £4.20) and i had about 20-35 issues of each mag. The value came to like £800 lol. Pretty expensive for a 16 year old (im 17 now)

gis
08-03-2003, 04:44 PM
SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dont say u binned EVO infront of TT,he will die of heart failure :P

TT
08-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Erm u shoulda said because about 4 months ago I binned all my old issues of:

Evo
Car
Max Power
Redline
Fast Car
Revs
Top Gear
Performance Ford
Performance VW
Japanese Performance
Japanese Banzai

I counted them all out and used a fixed price of £3 each (and most were £4.20) and i had about 20-35 issues of each mag. The value came to like £800 lol. Pretty expensive for a 16 year old (im 17 now)

What? do you realize you binned more than 1000 GBP I guess? The first 10 evos always go for a lot of money... the first 3 around 40 GBP each..

And all the others at least 6 or 7...

Throwing them away was a BIG mistake dude.. and hell, did you also calculate the total before binning them? I don't understand you...

Porsche911r101
08-03-2003, 04:50 PM
I did. Consider I live in a real rural place (cornwall), had no debit card at the time so couldnt sell on ebay ect. I really didnt want to bin them, but my mum said either they go or i go (i was stroing them EVERYWHERE. Shoulda sent them to Jabba for safe keeping :)