PDA

View Full Version : What would u change in F1 rules

vanquish
02-20-2004, 03:31 PM
in 2003 fuel regulations made start of the season very exciting. First races were incredible. Towards the end of the season every team learned how to play with fuel levels and races became back to normal.
If u could something in F1 rule book to make races more exciting, what would it be?

My suggestion is new rear wing for all teams. The difficulty in overtaking is the lack of grip behind other car. The closer you are the less downforce you get. Remember time ~1990 when slipstreaming was a huge advantage. Of course, that kind of change would be hard to justify. My second suggestion is to abandon using tracion control. I'd like to see sliding again!!

yg60m
02-20-2004, 04:17 PM
I think the way to go for more viewing pleasure is back to basic, just pure power and not all the electronic aids....

Exactly ! Back to the slicks, ban the automatic gearbox and coming back to a gearlever, no TC and maybe we could have more show, but i must say that last year was not bad and it was even good for show.
We have the nostalgy of the "good old days" but was it really better ? I wonder ...
I know it can be in contradiction with what i say first but in fact i liked the manual gearshift, seeing Senna on his qualifying lap in Monaco or in Suzuka from onboard cam is always a great pleasure. :D

possessed_beaver
02-21-2004, 02:01 AM
nooooo no no no
formula one has always been about inivation!!!
right from day one...
hey fuck guys why don't we go back to thoes steal racing death traps of the 60's..
seeing 10 guys die a season.. just for you're entertainment.

hey i will be the first one to admit F1 can be very unfair on some teams sometimes.

F1 is about fast based state of the art racing, and the partying lifestyle and image.. and in my opinion thats still there.. i will go on later but i gotta go 2 the shops, so cyz..

sads
02-21-2004, 03:35 AM
id like 2 c the engine laws surpressed so that these cars can b as fast as can be made

kteo2003
02-21-2004, 05:09 PM
nooooo no no no
formula one has always been about inivation!!!
right from day one...
hey fuck guys why don't we go back to thoes steal racing death traps of the 60's..
seeing 10 guys die a season.. just for you're entertainment.

hey i will be the first one to admit F1 can be very unfair on some teams sometimes.

F1 is about fast based state of the art racing, and the partying lifestyle and image.. and in my opinion thats still there.. i will go on later but i gotta go 2 the shops, so cyz..

I`m not saying get rid of all the safty, and go back to the 60`s but I thik there are to much electronic gizmos in the cars these days it takes some of the focus away from the driver.
I dont want to see 10 people dying in a season at all, But you have to admit it was more fun before they pulled all the new laws out of the hat.

i agree with brembo...we have passed the 60's a long time ago..
returning the slicks doesn't mean death..
who is saying such a thing?todays F1 cars are totaly safety...
turning of some electronic gadget and bringing back slicks is definetely something that has to happen..last year we all seen some terrible accidents but nobody has died...
possessed_beaver formula 1 was not only innovation...
it was a lot of things..

possessed_beaver
02-23-2004, 04:09 AM
ok at the rate forumla one is developing it's becoming very advanced very quickley..
it's like saying
evreyone who uses XP has to now use windows 95..
IMO that would be the equivalent of what it would fo 2 F1

firdausasri
02-23-2004, 05:13 PM
F1 is all about state-of-the-art competition hence if you take off traction control, it'll be a step back progress and teams will inccur costs on aerodynamics more. What I'd like to see is, yank out the one-time qualifying, stricker fuel usage and if it's possible put ceiling limits to horsepower and torque figures ;)

gucom
02-23-2004, 06:12 PM
erm i got quite alot id like to c changed:
-Tyres: they need to be able to use all 3 types(dry, intermediate and wet), its safer, cos if a team only brought dry and inter, and rain falls, its unsafe. The slicks must come back IMO
-The engine must NOT be used for an entire weekend, its F1 not Le Mans damnit!
who cares its cheaper this way, its F1, its suposed to be the pinnacle of SPEED, not honda-like reliability!
-Ride height: the cars are now limited to a couple of cm's above the ground, if u look u'll c the Le Mans cars are much lower to the ground. Also they shud b able to use ground effect(venturi tunnels and stuff like that), not the ridiculous wooden plank under the car
-Minimum weight: as long as the car passes its crash tests, they can save as much weight as they want IMO
-All the rules for where u can and cannot put wings should be abandoned, so there will be better use of the available room on the car.

The last 3 suggestion wont only make the cars faster, it also stimulates more R&D, more innovation in F1. at this point the teams are only trying to improve their cars by iny tiny changes within the rules, while in the early days, there was soooooo much more experimenting, and alot of revolutionary inventions were made in F1. Today's rules make that impossible :(

kteo2003
02-23-2004, 07:45 PM
possessed_beaver i cannot understand you.
i cannot understand why it is not good putting slicks.give me a reason
why it is not good to let the teams work more to the "meccanical" traction..
why do we have to continue with the aerodynamic...not to let a driver pass because the F1car that is in front of him disturbs the aerodynamic of his F1car....
the example you gave had nothing to do with F1...windows 95 and XP...
a closer example is
linux-windows XP

possessed_beaver
02-24-2004, 01:52 AM
kteo2003, ddde.. don't get me wrong i haven't said anything about slicks..
i coudlen't give a shit..

but look at some of the changes they have made this year... bigger engine cover and wings...

and you know why.. "to allow more room for sponsors".. in the true spirit of F1

vanquish
02-24-2004, 11:27 AM
More open rules would definitely widen gaps in F1. Costs would be even higher than today, so it isnt very good for F1 as a whole (many teams has serious financial problems).

Any cheap new regulation proposals to get races more exciting?
Slick is one, but would they change much? With slicks lap times would drop 1-2 seconds, but would there be more overtakings?
I believe that 2003 grooved tires are faster than 1997 slicks??
Denying TC is cheap way to get races more exciting. Last year it was close to happen but teams proved that it would add costs if they stop using TC....pah

Im not saying races are boring, but modifying rear wing regulations we could see MUCH more intresting battles.

possessed_beaver
02-24-2004, 09:32 PM
ok new rule i do think they should have
each f1 tean should be backed and named by a car company!!

so no more minadi!!! (Damn :P)
thats what i think IMO that "could" level it out a bit more, having bulk amounts of money from car companys!

kteo2003
02-25-2004, 09:42 PM
maybe i am getting boring but if we changed from aerodynamic to meccanical traction maybe we wouldn't have only 3 teams going for the title but some more....wouldn't that bring more money to the F1?

veilsidebr
02-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Well i gues semi-automatic gears be implanted in the place of atual "auto" gears. Auto is for begginers. If they are really race car drivers, they might change manually way, like in Senna and Prost times.

Traction control must be not allowed. I like drifts hehehe. No, but with traction control not allowed we´ll have so much more emotion on watching races and them will be so much hard.

:D

®™▪▪Łчяί
02-26-2004, 12:58 PM
F1 is supposed to be the most sophisticating racing machines, so if you tke all the electronic aids and put the gear lever back and etc than itll jus be like the driving normal road cars, f1 cars have to have electronic aids and semi automatic gearboxes to reatain the title as the fastest racer in the world.

possessed_beaver
02-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Auto is for begginers. If they are really race car drivers, they might change manually way, like in Senna and Prost times.

are you not aware what it takes to GET TO FORUMLA 1 in the first place, alot of racing in evreything!!!
go carts forumla 3, touring cars evreything!!!
and ALOT of gear changing, so say auto is for beginers is stupid statment to make seeing as these guys are the best in the world.

if manual was the fastest the cars would use manual boxes..
and all it woul take is possibley 1 mis-shift to ruin a race/engine

kteo2003
02-26-2004, 01:22 PM
the TC lets the car to drift for as it takes so that the F1 car can corner in a perfectly manner...
in fact the car is drifting a little bit but we cannot see it...

possessed_beaver
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
the TC lets the car to drift for as it takes so that the F1 car can corner in a perfectly manner...

so it has nothing to do with the amazing downforce and untra light cars, and the traction from the tyers.

kteo2003
02-27-2004, 03:26 PM

so it has nothing to do with the amazing downforce and untra light cars, and the traction from the tyers.

soory but ihave not understand your question...