PDA

View Full Version : Burnouts

gigdy
02-17-2004, 12:30 AM
I got a fwd car. And i was wondering how most rwd cars do burnouts? Do most use the line locker thing or just breakstands? Detailed info on how you do it would be cool. Thanks

novass
02-17-2004, 01:20 AM
I usually just gas it and that works for me. If that doesnt work I just power brake it, giving it a little bit of brake until I can break the traction. But I dont really do too many burnouts, tires are expensive. Plus, in terms of drag racing, unless you have the right tires, doing a burnout will actually be a detremental. The average street tires are made of a different compound that when you heat excessivly, the rubber gets hard and doesnt carry as much traction ulike slick that get soft and sticky when you heat them up.

Line lock is cool too if there is a need for it. But like I said, tires=money, so you wont find me doing too many burnouts unless a see a puddle of water then I just roll up on it and press on the gas, my car has enough torque to break the rear free.

RC45
02-17-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah - I just gas it - either from a stand still or rolling start and the Z will smoke for as long as you can keep your foot in it... ;)

Garretts_turbo
02-18-2004, 01:45 PM
i was always able to gas it from a stop and the rears would break loose easily. sometimes even when i didnt plan it. after you get it going it depends on you letting off the gas to stop it. gotta love a 5.9 liter engine!! keeping my tires in shape made me stop before i got too reckless

enigmatic
02-19-2004, 09:41 AM
also, if you dont have an LSD its pretty easy to break traction with all the power go to one wheel. pulling out of a corner giving it some herbs is a good way to demonstrate how easy it can be to light up the inside wheel.
well, atleast it is in dads LS1 Caprice.. 8)

ibetipsy
02-26-2004, 02:36 PM
i have to power brake the truck but one it gets going :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
(its a hemi true, but i got the 20s on it and they beez chromes mofo)
i love burnouts but tires for 20s are expensive so i tend to be conservative. well then again matter how big the girls ass is and how much rubber you have to lay down............. ya follow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hemi_fan
02-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Whats the best way to do a burnout in an Auto RWD vehicle...?

oscargarza88
02-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Whats the best way to do a burnout in an Auto RWD vehicle...?
just brake normal and acc at same time

Garretts_turbo
02-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Automatic RWD vehicle: put it into nuetral, give it gas, drop into drive. if your tires can break loose easily then you'll have it, if not prepare for a slight surge forward. even if you can get a burnout you can prepare for a new tranny in the near future....

my truck was an auto. like said above, just give it the brakes and roll on the gas until they start to spin, let off the brake. my truck only did one tire burns cuz of the lack of a fun differential, but it was still fun to watch occasionaly.

sentra_dude
03-02-2004, 11:43 AM
AHHHHHHHHH what the hell!?! You're telling him to do neutral slams? :roll: Are you crazy? That can kill your tranie if you do it even once, and will certainly reduce your tranie's life if you do it repeatedly.

It's easy enough to just do a brake burnout...

Vansquish
03-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah, definetely don't do the neutral slam...bad idea, you'll need a new tranny fairly quickly if you don't leave pieces of it lying on the road the first time. Just brake torque it, it's much easier and safer (not that burning out is a particularly safe proposition in the first place)

fraud
03-03-2004, 10:04 AM
ahh the good old 'D' slammer...

its been a realy long time since i've done that... combo of not wanting to break anythign once i found this out, my mate who taught me how to do that busting his parents car (i instantaneously lost all respect for anythign hed taught me in terms of driving), and getting more access to manuals...

RC45
03-04-2004, 12:10 AM
BTW, why not just press the gas pedal? ;)

http://www.l33tz06.com/media/thumbnails/smokin_thumb.jpg
6mb file Smokin'!!!
(http://www.l33tz06.com/media/smokin_smallz.mpg)

Garretts_turbo
03-08-2004, 10:08 AM
hey, didnt you see what i wrote???

" even if you can get a burnout you can prepare for a new tranny in the near future.... "

i wouldn't recomend it, just a way of doin it. :twisted:

blah
03-08-2004, 11:47 AM
what about for people who have no torque :cough cough: us honda owners :cough cough: actually i can get the wheels to spin pretty easily from a dead stop, i just mash the gas and the baby spins for alittle bit. feels wierd though cuz its fwd. My friend who owns a RSX Drops it from nuetral to drive all the damn time.

nthfinity
03-08-2004, 09:29 PM
i havent seen to much in the area of burning rubber with a manuel tranny, so ill give it a go to what ive done in both FWD, and RWD... both work the same, but with RWD you can power brake it.
clutch in, revs to an ideal point in torque band, preferably lower in the revs to save from burning the clutch plate to much.
feather out the clutch til it starts grabbing, and apply more pressure on the throttle to keep the torque burning the rubber, and let the tires loose.
with less torque, revving higher in the band will do the same thing, but its more likely to do more damage to the clutch plate
:)

boogle2
03-19-2004, 08:00 PM
what is power braking?

mit5005
03-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Power braking is just holding the brake hard while you accelerate to get the tires spinning without moving the car. Its usually not good for the rear brakes if ur car is rwd but its fun to do. Its better to get a line lock if you are drag racing cause it will save ur brakes.

boogle2
03-21-2004, 02:39 PM
oh, okay