PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gear may be rescued...

Ghostbat
12-04-2009, 12:33 PM
...by another channel.

http://www.icars.sg/2009/10801/fifth-gear-may-be-rescued-by-other-stations/

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

marcefer
12-04-2009, 11:22 PM
If they go back to their roots and drop 2 or 3 presenters, they could survive.
Last season was kind of lacking direction

nthfinity
12-04-2009, 11:34 PM
So, if it gets picked up by... E! would it become E-gear?

If it were picked up by Style, would it become Shiek-gear?

If it were adapted for the International channel, would it be renamed i-drive ?

Hopefully it is picked up, brought to basics... cars most people don't see, how most people don't drive, most of the time :)

Juho
12-05-2009, 12:01 AM
That would be interesting to see.

Pokiou
02-09-2010, 10:22 PM
i think it should be scrapped and tiff should goto Top Gear. It would be the wises choice.

MidEngine4Life
02-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Just Tom, Tiff, and Jason. No BS. Straight copy TG and Ill watch

nthfinity
02-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Just Tom, Tiff, and Jason. No BS. Straight copy TG and Ill watch

I could do without the ridiculous mass transit vs. car or whatever. Just drive the cars to monaco for no good reason, or bad reason :)

zeus_2011
02-10-2010, 05:16 AM
i think it should be scrapped and tiff should goto Top Gear. It would be the wises choice.

Don't think Clarkson would want to team up with Tiff again....the reason 5th Gear was started was because Tiff and Vicky had enuf of Jezza receiving "superior" treatment from the BBC.

To be honest, I'd say let a bad program (5th Gear) die....why keep it going, I mean it was a pretty bad show - apart from a few antics by Tiff, Plato and VBH every now and then but not often enuf....

And judging by TG's last season, they need to do find a new recipe fast....I was quite bored this season!

pitfield
02-10-2010, 08:10 AM
In 2001 original top gear was canceled, then Tiff and VBH went to Channel 5 and made what was basically the same format of show as old top gear as 5th gear. The BBC then retaliated and had already been approached by Clarkson and and Andy Wilman (Top Gear's producer) to relaunch the show in it's current format. So nothing to do with Tiff and VBH getting jealous at all. Also Tiff and VBH are in Clarkson's current DVD.