PDA

View Full Version : 505 whp mazda fd3s from the netherlands

pagani
11-28-2009, 06:52 PM
One the baddest import cars in netherlands this is more or less a trackcar mainly for time attack
Jeroentje.nl RX-7 FD Tuned by RE-Worx - YouTube
:-):thumbup:

5vz-fe
11-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Mazda should sale the RX-7 again with a more reliable turbo engine

pagani
11-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Mazda should sale the RX-7 again with a more reliable turbo engine
A wankel can be reliable if worked on in the correct way

5vz-fe
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Let's admit it, it burns oil, it doesn't work well in the cold, it's not fuel efficient, limited shops that has good rotary engine techs.....

pagani
11-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Let's admit it, it burns oil, it doesn't work well in the cold, it's not fuel efficient, limited shops that has good rotary engine techs.....
Agreed but in the right hands it can do amazing stuff.

10000rpmlover
11-29-2009, 07:23 PM

*sound of a light saber* (thunderous voice) I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING... huufff, hiiissss

I have had the same RX7 FD3s for the past 16 years, have done all kinds of mods, beat the piss out of it for over 6 years while we were saving up to buy our house and couldn't buy another car, I believe those little things people say about the oil consumption and poor gas mileage is just nonsense, I go thru half a quart of motor oil between oil changes and to this day I am still getting 20 miles per gallon on a car that turns heads every where it ever goes, there are 2 classics in my garage my 1993 FD3S and my 1999 3000gt vr-4 soon to be joined by a supra once I get my tax return, my wife has a 2009 maxima and we have our family mover also, I can assure that my rx7 uses less gas than the humongously vulgar Chevy Suburban and it's 11 years older than it

5vz-fe
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Agreed but in the right hands it can do amazing stuff.
I am with you 100% on that one.

*sound of a light saber* (thunderous voice) I FIND YOUR LACK OF FAITH DISTURBING... huufff, hiiissss

I have had the same RX7 FD3s for the past 16 years, have done all kinds of mods, beat the piss out of it for over 6 years while we were saving up to buy our house and couldn't buy another car, I believe those little things people say about the oil consumption and poor gas mileage is just nonsense, I go thru half a quart of motor oil between oil changes and to this day I am still getting 20 miles per gallon on a car that turns heads every where it ever goes, there are 2 classics in my garage my 1993 FD3S and my 1999 3000gt vr-4 soon to be joined by a supra once I get my tax return, my wife has a 2009 maxima and we have our family mover also, I can assure that my rx7 uses less gas than the humongously vulgar Chevy Suburban and it's 11 years older than it
You are getting 20mpg on an FD?? :?:

nthfinity
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
One of my dreams is to have a 4 rotor 787B... that is really the only wankel I desire. But I'm crazy like that. I'd also like to put a 7 liter Silk Cut era Jag V12 and fit it into an XJ220... and have a 956/ 962 based street car in my garage. Small things really :P

10000rpmlover
11-30-2009, 01:55 AM
@5vz.... yes getting 20mpg off my fd, matter of fact it actualy runs better now with over 145k miles on the clock than it did when I first got it, it has gotten a few improvements over the years, like a rebuild at 100k, (new lighter rotors, upgraded turbos) but these are things that everyone with a high mileage car should do, I love my rx7, I'd never trade it and one day one of my kids will inherit it, now I no longer drive like a maniac so that may be the reason why