PDA

View Full Version : how big is Earth...

r2r
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
how big is Earth compare with other planets and stars? - YouTube

I get blown away no matter how many times I watch it!

fabro_s
04-16-2009, 03:51 PM
The question is, are we alone????:?:

pagani
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
No we are not alone and never have been

Sonny
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
this is so amazing...we are so far at the beginning of research an scienc...we'll be gone, before we get to know what this is all about...

RC45
04-16-2009, 04:52 PM

But that doesnt matter, never has and never will.

Does it matter to the aardvark that there are unknown species of frogs in the amazon?

Does it improve, alter or change the aardvarks existance to know or care about the frogs in the amazon?

Man is the only creature that cares about the rest, and the onyl reason he cares to plot a way to take what ever the "others" have.

:)

The funny thing is we think we can make a difference... and we cant - if we are not alone, and the "others" know abotu us and have already observed us, we are no better off than the natives mexico were when the spanish came ashore all those centuries ago.. ;)

Man think he will "colonize" the universe.. the truth is we as a species will be long gone and forgotten before we ever get anywhere close to "colonizing" anything outside out little pathetic rock.

Think about it, not only are we so small and insignificant we are less than an atom to the universe, and our "intelligent" time on the planet is less than a second in relation to Carl Sagans cosmic clock timeline of the universe.

Didnt he suggest if the age of the universe was contracted to 100 years, we only arrived on the planet at 11:59:59s on December 31st.

We think we matter to the grand scheme of things, but we don't ;)

If we did matter, then life would be great for everyone, including political prisoners in NK.... but it's not.

We are alone.... alllllll alone... :)

79TA
04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
ok, obligatory Carl Sagan Cosmos comment . . .

staaaaarrrrr stuff

mayer
04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Cool video! I couldn't agree more RC45. I'm glad to be alive and live in the moment. I don't know why so many people think we're some gift to the universe, or realize how fragile and insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things.

nthfinity
04-16-2009, 08:47 PM
How long would it take China to densely populate a habitable planet the size of VY Canis Major? 200 years?

pagani
04-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Cool video! I couldn't agree more RC45. I'm glad to be alive and live in the moment. I don't know why so many people think we're some gift to the universe, or realize how fragile and insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things.
This is the real reason.
George Carlin - Saving the Planet - YouTube

mayer
04-17-2009, 09:53 PM
^That was pretty funny!

pagani
04-18-2009, 02:14 PM
^That was pretty funny!
Funny but true

5vz-fe
04-18-2009, 03:02 PM
How long would it take China to densely populate a habitable planet the size of VY Canis Major? 200 years?

Is that with / without government regulating birth? :laugh::laugh:

10000rpmlover
04-18-2009, 08:57 PM
what are you babbling about? of course we are not alone, the aliens are here, beaming TV shows and video clips through your computer to your lappitty top boxes, because as you laugh, your brain turns from grey matter to gooey goo matter, and we like that, because we are aliens, HULU an evil plot to take over the world... LOL

I think the universe is one mighty big place where all sorts of things can happen, many of which we are far from understanding, there are trillions upon trillions of possibilities, life could very well be happening somewhere else, it would be a huge waste of space if there wasn't... now I just hope that if there are aliens, they resemble the Vulcans a bit, it will validate all my fantasies about Sub commander T'pol

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200308/tpol-publicity-03-02/240x320.jpg

pagani
04-19-2009, 04:19 PM
what are you babbling about? of course we are not alone, the aliens are here, beaming TV shows and video clips through your computer to your lappitty top boxes, because as you laugh, your brain turns from grey matter to gooey goo matter, and we like that, because we are aliens, HULU an evil plot to take over the world... LOL

I think the universe is one mighty big place where all sorts of things can happen, many of which we are far from understanding, there are trillions upon trillions of possibilities, life could very well be happening somewhere else, it would be a huge waste of space if there wasn't... now I just hope that if there are aliens, they resemble the Vulcans a bit, it will validate all my fantasies about Sub commander T'pol

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200308/tpol-publicity-03-02/240x320.jpg
The aliens have been here for many's years
Here is how the really look like
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=37CDE85E552AC462
Alien Species 1 - Humans - YouTube
Alien Species 2 - Greys and Reptilians - YouTube

10000rpmlover
04-20-2009, 12:38 AM
no thanks pagani, I rather keep imagining aliens to look like Jolene Blalock, it helps me sleep at night