PDA

View Full Version : THE BRITISH GP, Silverstone - RESULT

Jabba
07-20-2003, 01:59 PM
The track was invaded by this loony !!!! full race results and report to follow...

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp1.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp2.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp3.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp4.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp5.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp6.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp7.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp8.jpg
http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/gp9.jpg

Jabba
07-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Ferrari's Rubens Barrichello has won one of the races of the season in the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

The polesitter had lost the lead at the off and things got worse for the Brazilian after a protester ran onto the track during the race (see picture).

That shook the race up completely as the safety car was brought out and left Rubens well down the field.

He needed to use every ounce of his talent and racecraft to get him back to the front. It was an incredible performance in an incredible race.

Rarely have we seen so much overtaking and much of it was simply breathtaking. That should ensure that the race won't be overshadowed by the actions of one particular idiot on lap 12.

The 'lunactic' ran up the middle of Hanger Straight as cars swerved to miss him.

He was bizarrely dressed in green, waving flags and carrying placards before eventually being brought to ground by a marshall. He could easily have been killed.

It brought back memories of Hockenheim three years ago and there are sure to be questions asked as to how he gained access to the tarmac.

The race was turned upside down as the cars all pitted. That brought chaos as the garages tried to the cars back out at the same time.

Unbelievably it left Michael Schumacher in position 13 sandwiched between the two BARs.

Jacques Villeneuve was in no move for yielding and the world champion was left in a midpack dogfight.

Meanwhile 30 seconds ahead the car in front really was a Toyota as Cristiano da Matta led the British Grand Prix for more than ten laps.

Finally the rookie was forced to pit and Raikonnen took up the charge from Rubens and JPM.

Yet the race wasn't about to settle down as Rubens refused to let Kimi get comfortable and began bearing down on the Finn.

The two cars pitted and despite the endeavours of the Ferrari mechanics and some super fast laps from Rubens, he remained behind Kimi.

That was lap 39 in what appeared to be a pivotal moment.

How wrong we were, Rubens immediately poured all over the McLaren and took him at 150mph going into Bridge.

It was tremendous stuff and the misery wasn't over for Kimi as he made a mistake to let Montoya in.

It was now a straight race for the line and who else should be making up ground, but Michael Schumacher, methodically crawling his way back to fourth.

In a race of countless overtaking manoeuvres DC gave the home crowd plenty to cheer about in the final laps as he honed in on P5. His move on Jarno Trulli had James Allen and Martin Brundle both purring in delight.

Earlier, Silverstone was basked in warm sunshine as the five red lights went out.

Jarno Trulli was first to Copse as Kimi went past Rubens while Michael Schumacher had to hold off Fernando Alonso who powered from eighth to sixth place on the grid.

Another mover was Coulthard who got past both Jaguars on the first lap.

Five laps later and the safety car made an early appearance after the Scot's head rest fell off on lap six leaving debris on the track. At that point it seemed that DC's luck was firmly out.

Then came the protester which triggered a full hour of first-class racing.

Kimi will know that he ought to have finished higher but the Ferrari was definitely the car of the day.

The team's recent work has obviousy paid off.

Before we herald Rubens it was another superb performance by Michael who yields just a single point to his nearest challenger in the championship. (He now leads Raikkonen by seven points).

But the day belonged to Rubens Barrichello - who clearly loves the Northamptonshire airfield.

Last year he went from 21st to 2nd place here. This year he went one better.

It led James Allen to remark that it was the moment that Rubens showed he really is world class.

1 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1h28m34.554s
2 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams BMW +0m5.462s
3 Kimi Raikkonen McLaren Mercedes +0m10.656s
4 Michael Schumacher Ferrari +0m25.648s
5 David Coulthard McLaren Mercedes +0m36.827s
6 Jarno Trulli Renault +0m43.067s
7 Cristiano Da Matta Toyota +0m45.085
8 Jenson Button BAR Honda +0m45.478s
9 Ralf Schumacher Williams BMW +0m58.032s
10 Jacques Villeneuve BAR Honda 1m03.569s
11 Olivier Panis Toyota 1m05.207s
12 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Sauber Petronas 1m05.564s
13 Ralph Firman Jordan Ford +1lap
14 Mark Webber Jaguar +1lap
15 Jos Verstappen Minardi Cosworth +2laps
16 Justin Wilson Minardi Cosworth +2laps
17 Nick Heidfeld Sauber Petronas +2laps
18 Fernando Alonso Renault +8laps
19 Giancarlo Fisichella Jordan Ford +16laps
20 Antonio Pizzonia Jaguar +28laps

possessed_beaver
07-20-2003, 02:26 PM
lol go the loony, now he can say he has been in the F1, probley guna pull heaps of chicks now :(

Jabba
07-20-2003, 02:27 PM
I like that last pic...where they are dragging him along by his arm...price-less!!

twboy1999
07-20-2003, 02:49 PM
ruben was awsome today,, overtake many cars today

man,,, did u guys see Jacques Villeneuve what an fag,,, when his teamate Button try to overtake him,, Villenuve try to hit him twice or once i forgot,,he should be out of F1, His teammate Button has outdrived him for the entire season and he is alot younger
Start of the season Villenuve says if his teamate out drive him, he would quit F1, we will see about that

Michael Shuchmacher had a bad luck day,,..would have like him to win instead

skelter
07-20-2003, 03:42 PM
I fell asleep today and couldn't watch the race. :(

robruf
07-20-2003, 03:54 PM
With all that went on today, it was easily the best race to watch so far this year, even with the dummy running onto the track. Lots of passing and blocking made it great to watch. You guys in the U.K. will love T3, in my opinion it is the best movie so far this summer.

scubywrxr
07-20-2003, 06:05 PM
It was one of the few F1 races were people actually raced and not drove around as a quick train, overtaking was amazing, i had to pinch myself to make sure it was not a touring car race..

I have to hand the laurels to Roobie - he literally told his critics to shut the fuck up I am the man 8)

Kimi is taking mclaren to places it should not be - they are holding on by the last hairs on wRONg`s nuts to the WDC.. soon its going to be out of their reach.. and the MP4 18 will be launched in 2005 I guess. :roll:

scubywrxr
07-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Anyone know what was the story with the infamous loony?

fedezyl
07-20-2003, 07:42 PM
WOw....maan, I wish they showed it here!! sounds like an amazing race!!!

Jabba
07-20-2003, 08:45 PM
highlights show tommorow....

loony video now....

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~khire/loony.zip

SL55 AMG
07-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Absolutly the best race all year....(besides the Moron on track, which was HILARIOUS....I wish the Jag hit him :twisted: )

Rubens put up the best race i thought, his passes all day were extrodinary wish Micheal was up higher in the points though

:shock: Toyota :shock: wow great job especially mid-race

tekwar
07-20-2003, 11:14 PM
definitely one of the best races in a long time, its a shame though that montoya and kimi couldnt put up more of a fight in front against rubens. Ferrari had the better package at the end of the day. Good to see toyota finishing in the points as well.

I dont agree with the comments on jacques though, he is racing for position, and that kind of incident happens all the time on other teams for example BMW. Why would he just let his teammate through, just because they are teammates. I want to see them fighting it out, thats the point of motor racing, not the parade laps that ferrari demonstrated last year.

All in all a great race. now the standings are tighter than ever, with still a lot to fight for in the drivers and constructors. Cant wait for the next race.

stracing
07-20-2003, 11:37 PM
how unlucky was schuey

i want to shoot that fucking dickhead. schuey would of been ahead of kimi.

thankfully he only lost one point

zr2man99
07-21-2003, 12:30 AM
Those people that run onto sporting events like that are stupid. Especially an F1 race. Someone could have been killed.

wizard
07-21-2003, 05:49 AM
amazing victory for Rubens Barrichello ..he is great driver and FERRARI must keep him in the team........

draak666
07-21-2003, 06:25 AM
Championship is getting exciting again. Think I'm gonna be watching f1 more often from now on.

stracing
07-21-2003, 07:29 AM
does anyone remember back to hockenheim 2000? there was a track invader as well and barrichello won. the same thing happened this time. maybe more invaders are needed for rubens to win the WC eh? hahaha

kRoNiK420
07-21-2003, 01:06 PM
does anyone remember back to hockenheim 2000? there was a track invader as well and barrichello won. the same thing happened this time. maybe more invaders are needed for rubens to win the WC eh? hahaha

lol
what a bunch of psychos
it would be better if some hot f1 babes ran naked onto the track- now THAT would be something

aawil
07-21-2003, 01:26 PM
He was a religous looney from what I read. Hope he doesn't drop the soap. Plenty of passing and probably the most entertaining F1 race i've ever seen.

Johns
07-21-2003, 02:05 PM
He was a religous looney from what I read. Hope he doesn't drop the soap. Plenty of passing and probably the most entertaining F1 race i've ever seen.
bwwhahah...what the fuck was this guy thinkin :lol: :lol:

666fast
07-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Yea, the guy that ran out on the track is a fuckwit. The results could have been horrific. The sign he was carrying said Jesus is always right, or something like that.
It even made it onto the local news here.
The end of the race was awesome. Rubens got really lucky I'd say!

stracing
07-21-2003, 03:04 PM
i say it was only a bit of luck for rubens. it was all skill that day. he did fall back because of that idiot as well. he passed 2 quick cars. RS and KR were the ones he passed i think. he was quick all day.

Jabba
07-21-2003, 07:15 PM
HIGHLIGHTS SHOW NOW POSTED !!!

kRoNiK420
07-21-2003, 07:41 PM
where?

Stikz
07-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks for upgrading me Jabba.

Well, as far as F1 races go, this was one of the better ones this year other than the fact that Villeneuve did not finish in the points. I didn't get to watch it live, so this is the next best thing. In the qualifying session, i think its the first time in a while, Schumacher made such a big mistake. I can't stand him. Wish he was still int he Benneton. Great start for Raikkonen and Trulli. One of the commentators did a great job pointing out that Barrichello wasn't really paying attention at the start. It was great that the safety car came out. Helped close the field and really benefitted Button. What the hell was Pizzonia thinking stopping after the restart? LOL, "Oh my, Oh goodness me." What the hell was the idiot on the track thinking. And how about that tackle and the safety car again. Could you imagine if someone had hit him? It would have been like Randy Johnson nailing the bird. Again the safety car made things interesting and i think it changed quite a few team's pit strategies. With all the yellows, it was almost like a NASCAR race. Barrichello and Ralf's battle was awesome. Great pass by Barrichello. Its been a while since i've seen this much passing in an f1 race. Its brutal how much faster the ferrari is than the BAR. The camera angles for the race were great especially the helmet cam on the crew members. Barrichello was passing people like it was nothing. Very impressive drive. Raikkonen on the other hand was making mistakes all over the place. Too bad he couldn't take advantage of Michael's bad qualifying. Coulthard and Trulli was a great fight as well. This was a great race with action all over the place. Ecclestone hopefully will bring the race back to Silverstone next year.

stracing
07-22-2003, 12:07 AM
where?

you know we're starting to get a bit annoyed when ppl start asking where the links are??!!!

all your answers are in the announcements.

wizard
07-22-2003, 02:56 AM
i just saw that silverstone higlights video. is great....good work jabba....ty...!

gis
07-22-2003, 07:56 AM
i thought the race was great and if any ferrari driver is gonna win,i want it be rubens,as long as nno schumacher,its fine by me.

the championship is gonna go down to the wire this year

noosee
07-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Yes it was a great race. Maybe one of the best in the season.
Michael was a bit unlucky. But i think he wasnt pushing hard. :( Afraid maybe ?

wizard
07-23-2003, 01:57 AM
i agree with u gis......

kRoNiK420
07-23-2003, 06:59 PM
i was surprised at r. schumacher's performance
i thought the car would be better than that
but now we know that the ferrari f2003/ga is the top car

tekwar
07-24-2003, 12:22 AM
It appears that Ralf was feeling sick during the race, which would explain the lack of performance.

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030723155441.shtml

skelter
07-24-2003, 01:37 AM
I can't believe Jaguar replaced Pizzonia already, they guy was making progress finally and they go out and sack him.

kRoNiK420
07-24-2003, 01:54 PM
It appears that Ralf was feeling sick during the race, which would explain the lack of performance.

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030723155441.shtml

hmm thx for the link
i guess all the bullshit press from the canadian gp finally got to him

tekwar
07-25-2003, 12:53 AM
I disagree, Antonio had been given a fair chance, and have yet to see him perform anywhere near Webbers achievements. If he had at least scored some points then i would agree that it was too soon. You have to understand that Jaguar racing spends a lot of money on their cars, and they want to see results come with it. I think it was a good move, and bad luck for Antonio, but all is not lost for the young brazalian, he will probably still come back in the future.

skelter
07-25-2003, 10:18 AM
I would most likely say his F1 career is over unless Williams take him back, he'll probably go on to Cart or Indy.

WhiteP
07-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Very lucky to see the highlight of silverstone.
I think the F1 drivers are more aggressive on this track than the others. There were many nice passes. Now I admire the F1 drivers more than before. I used to thought they don't have much skills other than the advanced technology in their cars.

tekwar
07-27-2003, 10:02 AM
I would most likely say his F1 career is over unless Williams take him back, he'll probably go on to Cart or Indy.

possible, but i think he still has a good chance to make it back. He is/was highly regarded by many people before he went to jaguar. He is still very young, and his short stint with jaguar doesnt prove much. Also it was his first racing season. You cant forget that webber is a remarkable driver, so far in his career, he has made everyone around him look mediocre at best. I feel that there is definitely room for improvement in Antonio's future. But F1 is survival of the fittest, many dont get a 2nd chance.

initiala4
07-29-2003, 02:59 AM
interesting...the loney sounds similiar to what had happened back at Germany....