pagani
12-05-2008, 01:10 PM
A mkiv supra turbo mods runs whit a 650 whp corvette whit mods
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFkICfej-I
:-):thumbup:

RC45
12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Some guys really really are on crack.

The ony way a 7l C6 Z is getting "650rwhp" is if it is supercharged, and if S/C the sheer torque of that car would leave a "3300lb dry 470rwhp" Supra 20 car lengths back on the straights.

That C6 Z looked/souned pretty stock-like.

I have noticed peoples hp numbers get more and more optomistic as the years go by. And a "3300lbs dry" car with fluids and driver is closer to 3800lbs than anything.

Nice video for sure, but I wish folks (the YouTube video posters) would be more truthful in their descriptions and cars and mods.

pagani
12-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Some guys really really are on crack.

The ony way a 7l C6 Z is getting "650rwhp" is if it is supercharged, and if S/C the sheer torque of that car would leave a "3300lb dry 470rwhp" Supra 20 car lengths back on the straights.

That C6 Z looked/souned pretty stock-like.

I have noticed peoples hp numbers get more and more optomistic as the years go by. And a "3300lbs dry" car with fluids and driver is closer to 3800lbs than anything.

Nice video for sure, but I wish folks (the YouTube video posters) would be more truthful in their descriptions and cars and mods.
Btw the supra is a single turbo whit about 480 whp or so

RC45
12-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Btw the supra is a single turbo whit about 480 whp or so

Yeah - but the Hoosier slicks he is running are the HUGE difference. You will not believe the difference the tyres make. I mean HUGE.

pagani
12-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah - but the Hoosier slicks he is running are the HUGE difference. You will not believe the difference the tyres make. I mean HUGE.
I kown tires are very importand
For me it's the whole package.
engine gearbox suspension and tires
Everything has to work together.

RC45
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I kown tires are very importand
For me it's the whole package.
engine gearbox suspension and tires
Everything has to work together.

Actually, you will be very very surprised at how important just tyres are - they will overshadow many of the "other systems". Afterall, all the "systems" have to talk to the road via the tyre contact patch :)

Take a 100% showroom stock car, say a C6 Z06 and only add Hoosier slicks.

With a savvy driver that car will literally be able to chase down and lap series race cars - same is true for a GT3 with slicks, or a even a "shudder" Porsche Gayman.. ;)

Tyres are everything.

The single biggest improvements I have felt over the life of my car have been tyres. Even stock brakes work better with better tyres.

I mean if me or any other person with a sports car was really serious, we would lave everything stock, then change tyres, and then maybe address suspension and brakes later - but we would leave the engine stock and just exploit improvements in grip. ;)

Afterall, extra HP is really only for pussys, losers and posers that cant stop and turn - real drivers just need tyres and brake pads ;) :P

LOL

pagani
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Actually, you will be very very surprised at how important just tyres are - they will overshadow many of the "other systems". Afterall, all the "systems" have to talk to the road via the tyre contact patch :)

Take a 100% showroom stock car, say a C6 Z06 and only add Hoosier slicks.

With a savvy driver that car will literally be able to chase down and lap series race cars - same is true for a GT3 with slicks, or a even a "shudder" Porsche Gayman.. ;)

Tyres are everything.

The single biggest improvements I have felt over the life of my car have been tyres. Even stock brakes work better with better tyres.

I mean if me or any other person with a sports car was really serious, we would lave everything stock, then change tyres, and then maybe address suspension and brakes later - but we would leave the engine stock and just exploit improvements in grip. ;)

Afterall, extra HP is really only for pussys, losers and posers that cant stop and turn - real drivers just need tyres and brake pads ;) :P

LOL
So you are a poser/pussy just the like rest of them
:laugh::laugh:

RC45
12-05-2008, 01:58 PM
So you are a poser/pussy just the like rest of them

Bingo ;)

pagani
12-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Bingo ;)
:-P
But still like your car to

xbeakerx
12-06-2008, 03:22 AM
i have been to VIR several times and is only 4 hours from my house. this definitely was a track day school. which i've been too. the corvette driver looked a little inexperienced to me but a very nice video and road course.