Amit Bhakta's 1622rwhp SAE WORLD RECORD supra dyno - YouTube
:-):thumbup:

RC45
11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Oooh boy, yet another 11s Supra ;)

pagani
11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Oooh boy, yet another 11s Supra ;)
I will compete at the coming texas mile event in march 2009!
And it did run at the event october of this year/
Here is the vid.
Btw that was at low boost but still 216 mph
Amit Bhakta's Supra - 216mph@ 30psi, 243.64mph@ 33.5psi (new 67s) TX MILE - YouTube

That joke is so old not every supra runs only 11's whit high power lol:laugh:

nthfinity
11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Somebody is going to die before long at one of these events. Many of the cars competing for top, or near top-honors were never meant or designed to do speeds of 200++++ let alone 240+

I'd stick with OEM 200 mph cars.

pagani
11-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Somebody is going to die before long at one of these events. Many of the cars competing for top, or near top-honors were never meant or designed to do speeds of 200++++ let alone 240+

I'd stick with OEM 200 mph cars.
Pushing limits is part of the fun
A stock 200 mph car is boring
:-)

RC45
11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
In the early days of the Texas mile, when people drove their cars their and ran them it was "good" - now these purpose builts trailored cars are a joke.

nthfinity
11-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Pushing limits is part of the fun
A stock 200 mph car is boring
:-)
who said anything about stock

I'm talking about people not dying because somebody using platform is beyond it's abilities... far beyond it's abilities

pagani
11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
who said anything about stock

I'm talking about people not dying because somebody using platform is beyond it's abilities... far beyond it's abilities
I tough you meant stock 200 mph cars

nthfinity
11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
I tough you meant stock 200 mph cars

Cars that OEM can go near, at or above 200 mph would be far better platforms.

vago
11-12-2008, 10:39 PM
While I think what people are doing to those wonderful old Supras is ghastly, I do have to say this:

Some people just cant and probably will never be able to afford an OEM Super Car. For some of us, the only way we can get to the next level is by spending what should be Rent money on a new intake system for our Honda CRX, or a fitting a salvaged turbo to our 13 year old Nissan Z.

I know this is a fight that'll go on for ever, but sometimes that part of tuning seems to get forgotten.

(And that thing does put out a pretty awesome noise)

HeilSvenska
11-12-2008, 10:41 PM
^Anyone who can afford to make his Supra have 1622whp and make it go 216mph obviously isn't short on money. Just on taste.

vago
11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
^Anyone who can afford to make his Supra have 1622whp and make it go 216mph obviously isn't short on money. Just on taste.

Agreed, just saying tuners as a whole get to much of a bad rap some times, just for being tuners.

*Editing just to say I know RC45 is a tuner, and does some gorgeous work.

HeilSvenska
11-12-2008, 11:02 PM
^Jelly bean! There certainly is bad taste involved when someone dumps that much money on a Supra. Supras themselves are overpriced anyway.

RC45
11-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Agreed, just saying tuners as a whole get to much of a bad rap some times, just for being tuners.

*Editing just to say I know RC45 is a tuner, and does some gorgeous work.

I wish I was a money making tuner.. :P

I am more of a money burner. Where I can I build it/bolt it on myslef - where I cant I pay someone else to.

But dont kid yourself - any 1500rhwp Supra has at least $150,000 to $200,000 buried in the life of the project.

And the record breaking Supras in Texas are all owned by very wealthy guys with garages full of super cars hehe.

pagani
11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I wish I was a money making tuner.. :P

I am more of a money burner. Where I can I build it/bolt it on myslef - where I cant I pay someone else to.

But dont kid yourself - any 1500rhwp Supra has at least $150,000 to $200,000 buried in the life of the project.

And the record breaking Supras in Texas are all owned by very wealthy guys with garages full of super cars hehe.
And the really fast supra's are big money cars.
Rc45 you are right about the money this is about what you need to build really quick supra

pagani
11-13-2008, 01:29 PM
^Jelly bean! There certainly is bad taste involved when someone dumps that much money on a Supra. Supras themselves are overpriced anyway.
Wo cares how it looks like it has the power to back up the looks not many people can say that.
Better spent the money on a supra than some gay ass lamborghini or ferrari

pagani
11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
In the early days of the Texas mile, when people drove their cars their and ran them it was "good" - now these purpose builts trailored cars are a joke.
Eddie bello drove his porsche to and from the event

HeilSvenska
11-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Wo cares how it looks like it has the power to back up the looks not many people can say that.

Riiiiiiight.

RC45
11-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Eddie bello drove his porsche to and from the event

You sure bout that? ;)

I heard it was trailored down and then driven nto the event - considering the tyres needed and other spares and sundries were in the trailor I am hazarding a guess it was partway driven there - and at least had spare tyres available - afterall, youdont arrive at such an event with a potential top contender and not have spres and tyres etc ;)

Then again - what would I knwo - I am just a Chebby drivin' hater :P

10000rpmlover
11-14-2008, 05:29 AM

I have to disagree, I find nothing homosexual about a lamborghini or most ferraris (still not sold on the 599)

why would a proper supercar make you gay? unless they are driven by a poof I think they are fine, besides do not kid yourself, Boy George owns a Supra, Justin Tinkerbell---errr--- Timberlake owns a pagani zonda... so I don't think cars share their owner's sexuality ambiguity

one more thing I have to say on this debate, the mark IV toyota is nice looking, but in no way is comparable to a F-355 so if I was given the choice between one of these trailer queen supras and a lambo you can call me gay all you want, I'd even wear a pink scarf and hair extensions for you but I would pick the lambo hands down

PS- you will never see me in a german made sedan, I am not a jerk

pagani
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
You sure bout that? ;)

I heard it was trailored down and then driven nto the event - considering the tyres needed and other spares and sundries were in the trailor I am hazarding a guess it was partway driven there - and at least had spare tyres available - afterall, youdont arrive at such an event with a potential top contender and not have spres and tyres etc ;)

Then again - what would I knwo - I am just a Chebby drivin' hater :P
Yes i am sure about that

pagani
11-14-2008, 12:02 PM
I have to disagree, I find nothing homosexual about a lamborghini or most ferraris (still not sold on the 599)

why would a proper supercar make you gay? unless they are driven by a poof I think they are fine, besides do not kid yourself, Boy George owns a Supra, Justin Tinkerbell---errr--- Timberlake owns a pagani zonda... so I don't think cars share their owner's sexuality ambiguity

one more thing I have to say on this debate, the mark IV toyota is nice looking, but in no way is comparable to a F-355 so if I was given the choice between one of these trailer queen supras and a lambo you can call me gay all you want, I'd even wear a pink scarf and hair extensions for you but I would pick the lambo hands down

PS- you will never see me in a german made sedan, I am not a jerk
I pick a nissan skyline r34 gtr or gtr r35 or supra over a streetlegal lambo or ferrari anyday over the week.
Ferrari's and lamborghini's are for playboy's and gay's

RC45
11-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes i am sure about that

You sure about that?

He drove the car all the way to Texas and had no spares, trailor or extra tyres and ran the mile on the same tyres and drove back with no chase vehicle?

You sure abotu that?? ;)

pagani
11-14-2008, 12:21 PM
You sure about that?

He drove the car all the way to Texas and had no spares, trailor or extra tyres and ran the mile on the same tyres and drove back with no chase vehicle?

You sure abotu that?? ;)
Yes i am sure about that he drove his own car to the event
;-)

RC45
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes i am sure about that he drove his own car to the event
;-)

With no chase car?

And no spares?

And no spare tyres?

And with no crew or entourage ?

And ran the mile on the same tyres he drove there on?

(and yes I have read the "inside story" of their 2007 trip - which seems to leave out some key details abotu how some of the extras were brought to Texas ;))

pagani
11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
With no chase car?

And no spares?

And no spare tyres?

And with no crew or entourage ?

And ran the mile on the same tyres he drove there on?

(and yes I have read the "inside story" of their 2007 trip - which seems to leave out some key details abotu how some of the extras were brought to Texas ;))
The may have had a tow vehicle whit a trailer.
But eddie drove is porsche to and from the end.

RC45
11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok. :)

pagani
11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Ok. :)
:-P;-)

RC45
11-14-2008, 01:31 PM
:-P;-)

Although you dont see much written about the sunroof being ripped out during the run.

As nth suggests, mny of these "home grown" 220mph cars are unsafe - period.

pagani
11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Although you dont see much written about the sunroof being ripped out during the run.

As nth suggests, mny of these "home grown" 220mph cars are unsafe - period.
I don't like to dig up old news

nthfinity
11-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't like to dig up old news
it wont be old news when somebody dies in a year or two.

dutchmasterflex
11-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Pussies. This is what racing was all about in the good old days. Having balls. Sheesh.

RC45
11-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Pussies. This is what racing was all about in the good old days. Having balls. Sheesh.

Thats all very well to thnk that way, btu the problem is when the rest of use folks tyr enter such an event after an big accident then we will get turned down if we dont bring a million dollar liability policy with us.

That's the problem.

Or like is now happening at track days all over the US - no passangers unless they are an instructor etc etc.

Don't blame us common sense folks.. blame the litigation happy Kalifornikators ;)

pagani
11-14-2008, 03:25 PM
it wont be old news when somebody dies in a year or two.
That was about the sunroof of the porsche

nthfinity
11-14-2008, 04:06 PM
in the good ol' days, the mortality rate was extremely high; so much higher than even top echelon stunt pilots (2% mortality rate per year, of which there are about 50 in the world).

So many of my great grandfather's friends died over the years racing. They had balls, and they died. If not wanting to die; but rather do things the safe way, does this mean I'm a pussy? Hence why it's retarded to go 240 mph in a car that was never intended to go faster then 160 mph.

pagani
11-14-2008, 04:40 PM
in the good ol' days, the mortality rate was extremely high; so much higher than even top echelon stunt pilots (2% mortality rate per year, of which there are about 50 in the world).

So many of my great grandfather's friends died over the years racing. They had balls, and they died. If not wanting to die; but rather do things the safe way, does this mean I'm a pussy? Hence why it's retarded to go 240 mph in a car that was never intended to go faster then 160 mph.
The fastest supra has a proper rollcage

CarlZ
11-14-2008, 04:48 PM
actually, i think it wont matter what car u drive, if ur having an accident @ 240 or so miles per hour, ur done anyway...

nthfinity
11-14-2008, 05:05 PM
actually, i think it wont matter what car u drive, if ur having an accident @ 240 or so miles per hour, ur done anyway...
some cars are far more inherently stable at such speeds. Does everybody remember the RX7 wreak at 200 mph at Bonneville?

I'm definitely not talking safety cages alone here. Tire stability, mechanical stability, aerodynamic stability. A cage is nice, but if the car is poor in any of those areas, you are pretty much screwed.

pagani
11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
some cars are far more inherently stable at such speeds. Does everybody remember the RX7 wreak at 200 mph at Bonneville?

I'm definitely not talking safety cages alone here. Tire stability, mechanical stability, aerodynamic stability. A cage is nice, but if the car is poor in any of those areas, you are pretty much screwed.
I guess a supra is pretty stable jun auto did 401 km/h whit one at the bonneville saltfalts some years ago

10000rpmlover
11-14-2008, 09:43 PM
some cars are far more inherently stable at such speeds. Does everybody remember the RX7 wreak at 200 mph at Bonneville?.

yes I do, it is one of my greatest eye openers, RX-7 becomes an airplane at 230+ mph, matter of fact I don't think without some extra weight at the front, the RX-7 is in any way stable at over 150mph, I did take mine to 156 once and began to feel a bit of non contact, but then again I don't have after market body panels, that may make a difference in arodynamics, not willing to test that theory ever again, my brakes were melting after that little stunt:crying: they melted and it cost me 1300 bucks to get the car to be ok again

nthfinity
11-15-2008, 03:01 PM
YouTube

very sobering. I am expecting something like this happening at the Texas Mile before long.... but with worse consequences

RC45
11-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Well, remember the differenc ebetwwen a flying mile and a standing mile is that cars are rapidly accelerating and than hard braking - a little less chance this type of behaviour that can be induced by the distances travelled in the flying mile.

Blown tyre roll overs are more likely I think than full aero disasters.

pagani
11-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I think a car whit a heavy front engine like supra viper or gtr is pretty stable compared to a mid engined car like a ferrari.
So that means that such a car would be better for the really high speed stuff.

nthfinity
11-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I think a car whit a heavy front engine like supra viper or gtr is pretty stable compared to a mid engined car like a ferrari
The amount of lift due to the way the radiator/ engine placement in many cars is drastic; and perhaps surprising.

For example...

http://nthimage.com/Detroit/events/Motorwerks_Oscoda_Drive/Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Pontiac_GTO_4.jpg

100% stock Front engined v8 at about 156 mph

http://nthimage.com/Detroit/events/Motorwerks_Oscoda_Drive/Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Ford_GT_11.jpg

Compared to a mid engined car designed with aerodynamics involved, and mid engined. Both cars are 100% stock suspension geometry. The GT literally is sucked to the ground with these high speeds, and it's ride height is greatly reduced.

http://nthimage.com/Detroit/events/Motorwerks_Oscoda_Drive/Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Corvette_Z06_3.jpg
This z06 was running approx 187 mph, and slight front end lift is visible... again, the aero makes more of a difference at speed than the weight distribution...

http://nthimage.com/Detroit/events/Motorwerks_Oscoda_Drive/Motorwerks_Airport_Run_2008_Ferrari_355_GTS_4.jpg
this mid engine Ferrari even has some front end lift.

Basically, cars designed for 200 + mph are far better for doing these ridiculous standing mile tests

RC45
11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I do believe the C6 shown is displaying more the results of the slight rear downforce (negative lift) the stock body has inherently designed in, combined with the almost neutral behaviour of the front vs actual lift generated.

From my recollction, the C6 has a close to 0 front lift number and a slightly negative lift (downforce) in the rear.

C5's and C6's have been doing 200+mph runs since 1997 and it was apparent from day 1 that the car is relatively neutral and responds really well to researched aero additions.

Remember even that F355 while appearing aerodynamicly unstable has a flat underbody that helps in preventing such disastrous aerodynamic events. And another thing, in order to flip the car over, the positive lift will need to overcome the weight of the car - so lift would need to be in the +1000lb range to yank the car over.

Of course these lift number will be dynamic of a panel begs to rip off or the car veers left or right and suddenly the body may take on a aerofoil profile as it rushes through the air resulting in really chaotic behaviour - but I dont think the standing mile even at 240mph is enough to induce the funky behaviour we saw in that video - or not ;)

dutchmasterflex
11-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Thats all very well to thnk that way, btu the problem is when the rest of use folks tyr enter such an event after an big accident then we will get turned down if we dont bring a million dollar liability policy with us.

That's the problem.

Or like is now happening at track days all over the US - no passangers unless they are an instructor etc etc.

Don't blame us common sense folks.. blame the litigation happy Kalifornikators ;)

Hey, that's become the US way. Someone else is to blame, not yourself of course..

Yes it kind of does actually.. that is one of the many definitions of the word pussy ;)

And it's not like the $200,000+ put into modifying these cars have simply neglected roll cages and other safety equipment.

Put a full NASCAR(:mrgreen:) spec cage, proper harness and bucket seat in anything then give me a nice helmet and suit, I'll gladly drive to the limit, signing my life away.

But that's just me... I also like to brake hard getting the car "out of control" by not down shifting in to each gear just to make the pass :)