PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - S12 EP3 - 16th November, 2008 - Discussion

vexor
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take on the challenge of making an ordinary second hand car lap the test track as fast as a brand new, purpose built sports saloon. Also, James travels to the frozen north to discover why the Finns are such good racing drivers. Meanwhile Richard hammers around the track in the outlandish Veritas sports car and Mark Wahlberg is the Hollywood Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

yg60m
11-07-2008, 02:56 AM
The Veritas is so awaited !! :-D

silentm
11-07-2008, 10:21 AM
oooh the veritas, looking forward to that one :)

pitfield
11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Can someone show me a youtube link, I can't find it because I am retarded

pitfield
11-16-2008, 07:15 PM
A youtube link for this episode. Fank u

pitfield
11-16-2008, 08:16 PM
YouTube

found it

HeilSvenska
11-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Obviously, the people at Toyota have never watched WALL-E.

5vz-fe
11-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Now I know more about Fins.

That Renault engine sound pretty good actually.
As for the chair, it's no different than the ones for the disabled only with wireless gimmics. Toyota, I thought you could do better than that.

pitfield
11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Now I know more about Fins.

That Renault engine sound pretty good actually.
As for the chair, it's no different than the ones for the disabled only with wireless gimmics. Toyota, I thought you could do better than that.

It's quite a bit faster than a wheelchair.

10000rpmlover
11-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I am in disbelief that they did everything wrong when building that renault, they truly have no idea of how to tune a car, yes they upgraded the brakes and suspension, at a huge cost which was their first mistake, a lesser approach would have saved them enough, they didn't even change the exhaust, a set of cams would have been great and I don't think they tried, a simple supercharger set up would have put them close to what they wanted to accomplish...

they had 9,500 bp to build it = 19,000+ USD you can do a lot of modifications with 19 grand if you are doing the installation yourself heck with 19 grand I'd have changed the engine for a nissan Silvia s13 engine, kyb suspension, brembo brakes, filled the car up up with race gas and then I am sure taking everything out of the car, including spare tire, seats it would have run pretty close to the 1:28

I did see they replaced the glass roof with plastic, good, I probably would have gutted the doors also, I bet there was 50lbs at least per door

Erez
11-17-2008, 06:14 PM
yeah i was shocked as well they spent 3K on the brakes alone, could have done it better no doubt, but all in good fun :thumbup:

i liked the mixer :mrgreen:

silentm
11-19-2008, 09:54 AM
where was the veritas? :(

Evo8
11-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Nowhere apparently... TBH, I was disappointed by this episode, possibly the weakest one out of the last 3 series (10, 11, 12). Lacked the excitement of others. No fast car test, and the challenge was nothing compared to the cross-America race the last episode. But well, it happens.

Alelanza
11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Really excellent episode. I'm curious, are there any Finn members that can confirm what they stated re: driver's license test strictness? 3 years, skidpad, driving in the dark?

Erez
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Really excellent episode. I'm curious, are there any Finn members that can confirm what they stated re: driver's license test strictness? 3 years, skidpad, driving in the dark?

I wish this was a world wide law. then maybe we wouldn't have that many idiots on the roads, and hopefully less deaths as well.. :thumbup:

pitfield
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Not a great episode. I understand they could have done better with the Espace but the idea is to be funny, I 'm sure they could have done better with the trucks for the money they had..

Alelanza
11-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I wish this was a world wide law. then maybe we wouldn't have that many idiots on the roads, and hopefully less deaths as well.. :thumbup:

Exactly, in my country just today they announced that for you to get a driver's license you need to take the test in a manual transmission car. The 'reasoning' being that will somehow guarantee better drivers .... :laugh: , it's unreal...
Instead we should get a real test, currently all you have to do is a mini slalom, show that you can use reverse while keeping it in a straight line and then do some roundabouts..... :thumbdown:

martin100
11-22-2008, 12:48 PM
no matter how bad this ep might have been, itīs still better and well more entertaining than any other car show out there... but where was the veritas? hopefully they save it for a later ep.

Jona
11-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Yes.