PDA

View Full Version : found ur link stealer jabba...

sikx5
07-20-2003, 06:34 AM
i dunno if anyone else has seen this...but look at this thread.
http://speed.supercars.net/Board?viewThread=y&fID=8&tID=69208

geekdiggy
07-20-2003, 08:29 AM
wow how'd you manage to stumble onto that site, out of all the millions...

hey was there a warning not to post links outside of jabba's world? if there wasn't i'm sure the guy didn't know it was wrong to do that

Jabba
07-20-2003, 08:41 AM
i dunno if anyone else has seen this...but look at this thread.
http://speed.supercars.net/Board?viewThread=y&fID=8&tID=69208

GREAT WORK !!! thanks for finding this...now I just got to identify the person who did it here...and let them know they were responsible for closing down a section of Jabbas World...and subsequent exit of a very angry member due to this...

Jabba
07-20-2003, 08:45 AM

hey was there a warning not to post links outside of jabba's world? if there wasn't i'm sure the guy didn't know it was wrong to do that

ever thought he might vist a few car forums...as opposed to "millions of sites"...still I am sure your pleased that Krazy Hawaiian left due to this....(although also his fault for over-reacting IMO)

TT
07-20-2003, 11:01 AM
:twisted:

If leeches are not loved, leeches that post link somewhere else are even worst IMO...

possessed_beaver
07-20-2003, 12:12 PM

ever thought he might vist a few car forums...as opposed to "millions of sites"...still I am sure your pleased that Krazy Hawaiian left due to this....(although also his fault for over-reacting IMO)

it is very unfortunate, that because of that person's carelessness that we have love KH,
very unfortunate indeed

AblativE
07-20-2003, 12:16 PM
hrm there appears to be no time index on these posts but only 2 posts after the offender, he says it's not working. if these two post were made closely together then this person did not cause the bandwidth problems.

nonetheless he should be punished for posting links outside jabbasworld

i take it there is no IdoL registered here? try sending him an email [email protected]

st-anger
07-20-2003, 12:27 PM
yeah, seek and destroy.... :twisted:

Johns
07-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Wow. someone got OWNED :twisted:

possessed_beaver
07-20-2003, 12:40 PM
we should hunt them down ane kill them!
:robot: :2gunfire:
:2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire:

coombsie66
07-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Sorry 2 b a dumb ass, but im a little behind things here
(like a month!!!) so wats hapened!? krazys left the site!?? how come, if nyone can point me 2 the thread that says how/why/when i'd b gratefull.

maalox
07-20-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty sure some guy named "F Enzo" was the original poster. That idol guy talks about doing a search--I think he meant a search of previous posts at supercars.net. I could be wrong though, I never saw it first hand.

Edit: Here ya go, the original: http://speed.supercars.net/Board?viewThread=y&fID=8&tID=68650&mID=1295168#1295168

What a dick. He has 800 karma... most likely from leeching off everyone else.

geekdiggy
07-20-2003, 05:27 PM
still I am sure your pleased that Krazy Hawaiian left due to this....(although also his fault for over-reacting IMO)

frankly i couldn't care less but i'm not complaining about not having to see his rampant postwhoring anymore so whatever

gis
07-20-2003, 05:38 PM
still I am sure your pleased that Krazy Hawaiian left due to this....(although also his fault for over-reacting IMO)

frankly i couldn't care less but i'm not complaining about not having to see his rampant postwhoring anymore so whatever

i still to this day want to know what your big problem with him was

Ziploc
07-20-2003, 10:09 PM
ask the admin of that board for his IP and other identifiiing marks and just match them with your admin powers jabba

shouldn't be to hard :?

draak666
07-21-2003, 03:42 AM
ask the admin of that board for his IP and other identifiiing marks and just match them with your admin powers jabba

No admin will hand out information on one of their own members, whether it's out of loyalty or privacy matters.

Besides, IP's change all the time. At least mine does.

sikx5
07-21-2003, 03:49 AM
hey jabba,
im not sure if this is a good thread to ask, but could i get download access? i will post more reivews from now on.

thanks

Jabba
07-21-2003, 06:11 AM
I have upgraded your account...but it would be a great help if people could read Jabbas News...for details on account upgrades....

666fast
07-21-2003, 02:10 PM

No admin will hand out information on one of their own members, whether it's out of loyalty or privacy matters.

Besides, IP's change all the time. At least mine does.

From what I know, it only does that if you are on dial up internet. If you use DSL or broadband, you actually use your Machine address, which doesn't change.

stracing
07-21-2003, 02:27 PM
nope i'm with dsl and my ip changes

depends on the isp whether they give static or dynamic ip addresses. i rather have dynamic unless i was running servers. still i could use no-ip to help out.

TT
07-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Also with my DSL the IP changed with every connection, but the first part always remain the same I think...

666fast
07-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Wierd, I thought it only changed with dialup. As far as I know, mine stays the same.

stracing
07-21-2003, 02:59 PM
i can't remember why isp give dynamic or static

but someone saids its to do with costs. its more expensive to give out static because if you have 100 users then you need 100 ip addresses. if it dynamic, you might have 75 ip addresses. so at peak, they hope to have only 75 users and the other 25 aren't using the internet

yea the first two blocks are the same for me

maalox
07-21-2003, 06:00 PM
i can't remember why isp give dynamic or static

but someone saids its to do with costs. its more expensive to give out static because if you have 100 users then you need 100 ip addresses. if it dynamic, you might have 75 ip addresses. so at peak, they hope to have only 75 users and the other 25 aren't using the internet

yea the first two blocks are the same for me

Yeah exactly right. A lot of ISPs will buy blocks of IPs and then give one to whoever happens to be connecting at that point. That's why even when you have a dynamic IP you may stick with one for a while.

jochde
07-24-2003, 11:53 PM
well look, its pretty easy with the ip thing. people who have dynamic ips have their ip string changed every so often but usually only the last number and on several occasions the before-last number changes. Hopefully, if u can get the ip jabba, it wouldn't be too hard cuz all u'd be doing is matching with the ones u have. its better to have something than not having anything at all
:D

jochde
07-24-2003, 11:55 PM
like, lets suppose the guys ip is 66.55.44.33. All you would have to look for is the ip 66.55.44.* or 66.55.*.*, with * being the number of the ip that changes
:D

oic0
07-26-2003, 03:45 PM
you know that WINIPCFG command in the run box? you can select your modem, choose release, then choose renew and most broadband places will change your IP when you do that. On mine all but the first numbers changes. Somtimes they give me the same one back though :roll: sometimes not.

stracing
07-26-2003, 11:10 PM
don't tell me you're still running windows 98 man??