PDA

View Full Version : Your own personal motorsport experience....

gto625
02-06-2004, 06:30 AM
Just wondering how many others here have competed in motorsport in the past... any style, anywhere in the world...

Personally I've navigated in rallies in the NSW/ACT state championships in Australia, although I'm hoping to have my own car to run as a driver in a couple of months.

jakaracman
02-06-2004, 08:31 AM
I did some Fiat Seicento Cup races and some rallyes

veilsidebr
02-25-2004, 03:01 PM
i have no motorsports experience, but this year i´ll do a race car driver school.

Kangaroo Boy
02-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Personally I've navigated in rallies in the NSW/ACT state championships in Australia, although I'm hoping to have my own car to run as a driver in a couple of months.
Do you know a family from Cessnock that rallies a Datsun 1600,The team name is called Killer Mullet Rally Team?The Drivers a Keath Cunnigham and I forgot what his old man name is.

Garretts_turbo
03-09-2004, 10:38 PM
although it wasnt real motorsport, i took my truck out to the off-road tracks around my area to see what it could do. very capable truck, slid it around the bends, bounced the bumper off a rock (no damage!!) then drove home. and didnt hurt anything, except for a scary few moments where the 4 wheel drive system wouldnt engage back to 2 wheel drive...... :?

brandonrambo
03-31-2004, 07:23 PM
I drive Formula Renault 2000. UK Championship last year and N.American Championship this year.

brandonrambo
04-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah Dani, we were testing down at Virginia Intl. Raceway and I had to use a spare helmet because my new one is currently being painted with my own design.

I met up with Johnny Herbert when he was trying to qualify for the Indy 500 a couple years back because my title sponsor was the same as his. He gave me one of his helmets just as a gift. I don't ever use it because it's more of a collector's piece, but I had to in this case because mine was at the paint shop in Quebec.

It's an Arai GP5, while my regular one is a GP5-K... The GP5 is a little lighter and the visor is a bit different.

Anyways we're racing in Phoenix next weekend so if anyone's in the area, come on out and look for me.

brandonrambo
04-01-2004, 03:50 PM
By the way I'd appreciate it if anyone can give me any TIPS on how to get in good with the site administrators so i can download some of the cool vids they got here!!

layz19
04-09-2004, 09:27 PM
to get in the donwload group, do the same as anyone else who has access.. participate in the site regularly and it will happen.

As for racing, I used to dream of it a lot but the closest I got was driving an old formula ford once :)