PDA

View Full Version : Clone?

Skaala
02-04-2004, 04:16 AM
When it in the description says perfect clone or nice clone, what does it mean?
Is it a resored car or a replica or ?..... :?: ...

nchs09
02-04-2004, 04:20 AM
its a replica.................. but usually they have the cloned car engine... so if they cloned a shellby gt500, they put the shellby engine on it. IMO clones are just as good as the original "but maybe cause i cant afford real muscle classics!*

Skaala
02-04-2004, 04:46 AM
so what you are saying is that if a muscle car like a challenger HEMI or a GT500 or a YENKO is a clone, the original or equivalent (HEMI or Shelby) engine is in it, but the rest is replica or partially replica?

in other words a 30k gt500 is a clone(with original engine) and a 100k is an all original parts restored car?

please correct me if I'm wrong

thomas

hemi_fan
02-04-2004, 12:53 PM
For example, a cloned 67' GT500 would most likely be a regular 67' Mustang, that the owner has painted to look like the GT500, and possibly added body details to make it look like a GT500. They may have put an equivalent engine in the car (most likely not out of an actual GT500), and if its a good job, it would be difficult to tell the difference between the clone and an original. Or a Hemi Cuda might have started off as a Straight-Six cuda, had that engine removed, the suspension strengthened, a hemi installed, and a "Shaker" hood put in place... that would be a replica as well. Original Hemi cudas could be 100% original from the factory, or restored. Pretty much as long as the engine block matches the car from the factory, then its considered original.