PDA

View Full Version : OMG trust anyone with ya car (stracing beware)!

possessed_beaver
07-18-2003, 02:15 PM
do you trust anyone else with you're car, after this we know this guy won't!
http://www.boostn247.com/spa200/

holy fuck, if i was him i would be incredibley pissed off!

JN396
07-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Hell yeah i'd be pissed off! That's why I do all of my maintenance work myself!!!!! lol Nobody ain't touching my babies...

stracing
07-18-2003, 09:19 PM
holy fark...thats in nsw as well

hope the guys who service mine don't take it for run. this is a dealership!!! aren't they suppose to have a policy not allowing ppl to drive out of their compound.

i'd be worried every time i take it in for service now :(

from now on i'm taking down the distance i've made at my own discretion and hopefully they won't wind it back down

troskap
07-19-2003, 01:37 PM
I've seen the dealer take the cars out on runs before, with my car and my friends cars. Usually, it sometimes is for a valid reason, but the one pointed out above, wellll....

A curious story as to how one of my friends found out her car was driven by the dealership. She had taken her car in for service, giving no particular instructions about riding the car around or testing. When she picked the car up, she found a burger joint receipt in her car for a bag of something like 12 burgers and some fries, and knew immediately someone had taken it out for a spin. How did she know that her car was taken out by the shop from that? She's a vegan :) The dealership fessed up to it when she asked, and she got a free oil change out of it. She wasn't too pissed, the joint was around the block, anyway.

666fast
07-19-2003, 03:07 PM
A guy from another forum I visit supposedly knows this guy. Apparently, the shop is gonna pay for everything. But the real kicker is, the car can't be replaced. It was an S15 and apparently, it isn't easy getting your hands on one down under. The only reason the car was being serviced is because they guy opted for the extended warranty when he bought the car. Where the crash happened, there was burnouts all over the road.
Hopefully the shop replaces the car, (it'll most likely replace the value of the car). I'd be sueing the asshole who decided he should take the car out for a ride also.

stracing
07-19-2003, 09:51 PM
its not hard getting a s15 here, just hard to get a new one. nissan doesn't produce anymore of these. there are plenty of 2nd hands. ppl buy them, had their fun and sell them. when i got mine, it was hard to bargain because the dealers know if i don't take it, someone else would. i was lucky to get one soon enough because they told me that was the last batch of cars nissan australia brought over

possessed_beaver
07-20-2003, 02:47 AM
stracing the local nissan dealer actualy has a new S15, i drive past it evrey day, and wonder when it's going to be sold
what colour is you're s15?

i would rely like one, but the i think i need the safety of a 4wd car.

stracing
07-20-2003, 03:32 AM
yea i still see new ones from dealers, but the later you leave the harder it will be. i actually should of just bought 2nd hand because i'm saving up to get it heavily modified. i'll be definately getting a wide body kit. but i only know one place that does it. its at http://www.jracing.com.au/

well maybe that one is waiting for you to put your name it :)

mine is a blue one
i was deciding between black or blue, but black is annoying to live with.

get some advanced driving course...i'm going next month with a bunch of friends. can't wait to go nuts on their skid-pan

geekdiggy
07-20-2003, 08:25 AM
i wonder how many asses i'd kick as a result of that accident, if that were my car