PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - S11 EP4 - 13th July, 2008 - Discussion

vexor
07-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Top Gear undertakes one of its epic races as Jeremy Clarkson attempts to drive the remarkable new Nissan GT-R right across Japan faster than Richard Hammond and James May can make the same journey on the legendary Bullet Train. Plus, Richard tries Toyota's idea of personal transport for the future, the sensational Alfa Romeo 8C brings some glamour to the Top Gear track and news readers Fiona Bruce and Kate Silverton are the Stars in The Reasonably Priced Car.

yay, GTR race

5vz-fe
07-07-2008, 02:46 AM
That means no Topgear lapboard :(

dutchmasterflex
07-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Heh, I'll be in Japan when this airs..

Speedster
07-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Alfa Romeo 8C, looking forward to this one! Race in Japan sounds like fun too

torrentjunkie
07-10-2008, 09:18 AM
"Bullet train...Pah!"

Pokiou
07-11-2008, 12:19 AM
i think the bullet train is gonna win this time... hmmm cause if remember correctly there is a bullet train that travels one end of japan to the other with 2 stops ...

toffytofik
07-11-2008, 05:13 AM
^
Nah, that's against the tradition of the sow. Jezza in the car shall be the first to arrive :P

HeilSvenska
07-11-2008, 12:45 PM
That means no Topgear lapboard :(
But the Alfa 8C's at the track! :thumbup:

Svensson
07-13-2008, 05:26 PM
It was awesome! I won't spoil anything about the race, but the face-mask was hilarious :laugh:

yvrnycracer
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
great episode... the race... EPIC... want a GTR now :D

Jona
07-13-2008, 06:16 PM
That episode was GREAT.

Evo8
07-14-2008, 05:51 AM
On the mountain road, the car handled surprisingly great, like a rally car in a race, and what's surprising that it did that in the hands of Jeremy, not a racing driver.

BTW, anyone knows what was that thing was... In the race, Jeremy drove out of some island looking like a ship full of highway crossings, and then went to a long bridge. What exactly was that and why did they build it? (I mean, they could make the tunnel exit right on land, couldn't they?)

styla21
07-14-2008, 06:07 AM
It was awesome! I won't spoil anything about the race, but the face-mask was hilarious :laugh:
HAHA I know! I laughed outloud!! :mrgreen:
And the comment at the gas station to the attendant... :ohmy:

Jona
07-14-2008, 06:52 AM
BTW, anyone knows what was that thing was... In the race, Jeremy drove out of some island looking like a ship full of highway crossings, and then went to a long bridge. What exactly was that and why did they build it? (I mean, they could make the tunnel exit right on land, couldn't they?)

It's the Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Bay_Aqua-Line).

I don't think they'd have enough space to put the tunnel exit right on land :-)

It is very cool though :thumbup:

CarlZ
07-14-2008, 07:17 AM
^that place tokyo, just looks so impressive...never been there, but definately gona fly there to have a look someday.

Svensson
07-14-2008, 08:07 AM
HAHA I know! I laughed outloud!! :mrgreen:
And the comment at the gas station to the attendant... :ohmy:

Hahaha yeah, most hilarious comment of the show. The funny thing is that the face-mask guy is actually a presenter of a wild life show on the BBC, so it actually made sense :laugh:

toffytofik
07-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Definitely the best Top Gear "race" up to date. The most hilarious one too! :D
Such a wonderful country Japan is. Gotta make it there someday!

Brilliant episode overall. Lots of hillarious stuff as usual. And unlike the previous episodes i absolutely loved SIRPC segment this time! Those two sexy female BBC news readers were great! Better than a long haired man from Bristol and a fat gay guy from Midlands by a long shot! (please note that my obvious bias towards the hot female individuals has nothing to do with this statement) :P