PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning

Zonda11
01-31-2004, 02:16 AM
I recently burned a dvd full of .mpeg,.avi, and .wmv files. The dvd was burned as a Data dvd.

My dvd-rom supports the new DVD+R's that I used. In explorer, I am able to see all of my files. However, some .avi files are unable to play using real player, windows media, or the latest Divx player from Divx.com. Is there something I need to download software wise to fix this problem??? I still have the original files on my Hard drive, but I want to get the videos to play straight off the dvd so i can delete them off my HD and save space.

In addition, when I try to play some of the .wmv files off the dvd, windows media player tells me that it is unable to play the file. I have the original files on my HD and they are the exact same(size, etc.) and they work.

So whats going on here?

husyk
02-02-2004, 09:03 PM
You'd probably need more codecs, have you tried BSplayer? I'd probably suggest AceMegaCodec Pack for one. I'd look for special software for DVDs as well. I'm looking for a burner as well, so I would also want to see how this is figured out.

yg60m
02-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Try to re-copy the files on your HD (in another files than they are) to see if it comes from the DVD burner or from the burning. If you achieve to watch them once they are back on the HD then it can comes from the DVD reading :?:
It's just a test.
ps : i also bought a DVD burner last week but didn't have time to try it for now.