System
03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.motorworld.net/gallery/data/552/genesiscoupe_05.jpg

enzoferrari
03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
this car is cool,a Lexus with 2 doors.

HeilSvenska
03-18-2008, 12:29 AM
I've seen all the press shots from most conceivable angle. It's awkward and ugly. It's a kind of me-too car. Sure, it's RWD, but I doubt anyone would be happy to be seen in one. Uncool, if not seriously uncool.

Mattk
03-18-2008, 12:39 AM
It doesn't look right. Hyundai's designers just tried too hard to be cool and made an uncool car.

Minacious
03-18-2008, 12:43 AM
I've seen all the press shots from most conceivable angle. It's awkward and ugly. It's a kind of me-too car. Sure, it's RWD, but I doubt anyone would be happy to be seen in one. Uncool, if not seriously uncool.

I have to disagree with you on the point of no one wanted to buy one. There will be many that will want to own this car.

Hyundai has been making great moves to provide buyers with affordable, yet comparable to what the rest of the market has to offer, means of transportation. They have already started this with their luxury section, and now with the sports section. I think this car will be a big hit with the younger crowd.

The main thing really hurting Hyundai is nothing more than their name. They started off making crap and became a name that everyone avoided and made fun of. They were known as the company where you bought a car for nothing more than an A to B getter. They are now starting to open more eyes with their recent design choices and improved build quality. Good for them.

79TA
03-18-2008, 01:29 AM
I like that Hyundai is going for the rwd sports coupe, but I don't think they've got it yet. The styling on this one doesn't do it for me. Their other concept (I forget what it was even called) would have worked quite nicely I think. This one, despite being a step in the right direction, gets an uncool from me.

HeilSvenska
03-18-2008, 01:29 AM
I have to disagree with you on the point of no one wanted to buy one. There will be many that will want to own this car.

... I think this car will be a big hit with the younger crowd.

I never said that it won't sell. I'm just saying that no one within the ideal target range would admit that they have a Hyundai, RWD or not. ;-)

Looking like that, anyone who buys one will have a hard time explaining why, except that it was cheap. :-P

Minacious
03-18-2008, 01:47 AM
I never said that it won't sell. I'm just saying that no one within the ideal target range would admit that they have a Hyundai, RWD or not. ;-)

Looking like that, anyone who buys one will have a hard time explaining why, except that it was cheap. :-P

Hey, that looks far better than a lot of the crap that sells nowadays.
;-)

79TA
03-18-2008, 01:56 AM
^ It's certainly an improvement over the Tiburon and anything at all similar to a Cam-cord.

HeilSvenska
03-18-2008, 01:56 AM
Hey, that looks far better than a lot of the crap that sells nowadays.
;-)
Just till you see one of these on the road. :-P
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3077/hyundaihed55fc8.jpg

Minacious
03-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Now that looks like ass.

fordgt84
03-18-2008, 05:08 AM
cheap rwd 4 seat sport coupes need to make a come back, i'm still waiting for the return of Nissan's 200sx and a modern day toyota ae86. BMW are contributing with their 1 series coupe but it aint exactly cheap.... so for the time being the hyundai get's a cool vote from me

Now that looks like ass.

do u mean that in a good way or bad way? :laugh:

Ghostbat
03-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Look pretty nice and the performance/price ratio seems good. Cool car imo.

Mattk
03-18-2008, 08:41 AM
If someone gave me this car, I would probably keep it, but it ain't gonna get rapt attention from nightclubbers or valet parking staff. It may be a decent all-round car, but it just doesn't look cool.

5vz-fe
03-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I think most of the uncool votes are contributed by the fact that it is a Hyundai. If it were a Lexus / Infiniti / Honda there will probably more cool votes even if it stays exactly the same.

styla21
03-18-2008, 08:59 AM
I think most of the uncool votes are contributed by the fact that it is a Hyundai. If it were a Lexus / Infiniti / Honda there will probably more cool votes even if it stays exactly the same.
Good point - It has merit. :!:

fordgt84
03-18-2008, 09:19 AM

very true

HeilSvenska
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM
I guess it's not too bad.

toffytofik
03-19-2008, 05:34 PM
This is plain ugly. Genesis sedan looks far better.

dutchmasterflex
03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Should have saved the money on restyling and just made this with rear wheel drive:
http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/7/R/Y/2005_Tiburon.jpg

Mattk
03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
^Pretty much the same anyhow.