PDA

View Full Version : Chevrolet Camaro

System
02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
http://www.motorworld.net/pictures/coolwall/223.jpg

enzoferrari
02-16-2008, 07:35 PM
subzero +100 This car is awesome,I love the big wheels and the super wide tires.

formulastig
03-27-2008, 07:57 PM
The production version will never be show car cool.

HeilSvenska
03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
The production version will never be show car cool.
But the new Camaro concept was hated so much that the production version might be considered cooler?

It's too early to tell. All those spy shots show that the production version will have minimal difference from the concept. And supposedly, the interior will be better than that of the concept's... So I'll withold the judgement till next year.

Although... I really can't imagine anything other that the Gen 1 Camaro being subzero...
Except for Bumblebee, that is. :mrgreen:

styla21
03-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Wow. Looks like a stealth bomber.. I hope this turns out as the production model.

How does chevy distinguish between the Camaro and the Vette? They are both 2 seat sportcars (?), obviously one is much more of a performer... But, why do this?

HeilSvenska
03-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow. Looks like a stealth bomber.. I hope this turns out as the production model.
Very close. Also comes in black. ;-)
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1748/leroy12pv6.jpg

How does chevy distinguish between the Camaro and the Vette? They are both 2 seat sportcars, obviously one is much more of a performer... But, why do this?

First of all, the Camaro has 4 seats. And it was always designed to be affordable and practical(ish). It even came with a V6 option. But they did have the SS and Z28 versions at the other end of spectrum. The Corvette, on the other hand, was always designed as an uncompromising sports car.

For the new ones, you can (probably) buy two top spec Camaros for ZR1 price.

graywolf624
03-28-2008, 07:27 AM
But the new Camaro concept was hated so much that the production version might be considered cooler?
Hated? The only risk Chevy has is that they waited too long. At every car show Ive been too, even when the zr1 was revealed, the 1-2 year old camaro concept still gets alot of attention.

For the new ones, you can (probably) buy two top spec Camaros for ZR1 price.
Probably more like for the price of a base z06. They are targeting the mustangs price range again. Anything over about mid 40s and they start competing with the vette.. unless they jump the vettes price up.

How does chevy distinguish between the Camaro and the Vette? They are both 2 seat sportcars, obviously one is much more of a performer... But, why do this?
Camaro = 2+2. Vette = 2 seater
Camaro= v8s in the upper 20s v6 in the mid-lower 20s. Vette= 45k to start
Historically Camaro felt like a muscle car, vette much more refined feeling like a sports car (not a bad thing either way).

Why do I say this? Well at present I own a last gen Trans Am (essentially the then top of the line Camaro with a different body, though i didnt have the performance exhaust that netted 10 more bhp till I modded my car) and a new Corvette. I can tell you, the difference just in attitude between the two cars is vast. Corvette, power just rockets you along straight through the range. It doesnt so much slam you into your seat (well it does) but make you go. holy shit how am I at 90 mph already. The TA on the other hand, slam the gas and your at the back of the seat. Its slower to 90mph (a second maybe), but its tuned to get there with much more drama (tire smoke, slam into the seat response, etc).