PDA

View Full Version : Don't speed in britain

crochico
07-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Poor guy, give him a break!

link to story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3068731.stm)

Biker jailed for 157mph ride

Andrew Osborne pleaded guilty to dangerous driving
A motorcyclist who overtook a lorry at 157mph - the highest speed ever recorded by police on a British road - has been jailed for 28 days.

Andrew Osborne, of Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, was caught speeding on his 1200cc Kawasaki motorbike on the busy A412 Tingewick bypass near Buckingham in March this year.

The 29-year-old had been riding with a friend, 29-year-old Neil Bolger, whose Kawasaki 750cc was recorded at a speed of 148 miles per hour.

Bolger, of Park Lane, Lower Quinton, Stratford-upon-Avon, was also jailed for 28 days when the pair appeared before magistrates in Aylesbury on Tuesday.

'Unique offence'

The two vehicle technicians, who both work for the same company, had pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at an earlier hearing.

I would just like to say I am deeply sorry for my actions and I regret them fully

Andrew Osborne

Bench chairman David Thomas told Osborne and Bolger they would only serve half of their sentence in prison and the rest would be suspended.

"This is clearly a unique offence," he said.

"It is an example of unprecedented, excessive speed on our roads at great risk to others.

"The only mitigating factor is that is appears to be a single incident."

Both Osborne and Bolger were also each disqualified from driving for two years and told they would have to take an extended re-test at the end of that disqualification before they could drive again.

The court had heard how they were caught speeding by a camera technician for Thames Valley Police, who was using a laser speed gun attached to a camera.

He was observing traffic on the A412 when he saw Osborne's motorbike leaning heavily as it overtook a lorry on a sweeping left-hand bend.

'Hugely remorseful'

The court heard almost immediately after that he saw another large motorbike, being ridden by Bolger, overtake the same lorry, the court heard.

He informed the police and both men voluntarily attended Milton Keynes police station where they admitted being the riders of the motorbikes, exceeding the speed limit and driving in a manner that could be dangerous.

Osborne's defence, Darren Rogers, said his client was "hugely remorseful" and that he had even written an article in the magazine Motorcycle News saying his actions were "not big and not clever".

Mr Rogers said Osborne's "grossly excessive" speed was just a short burst to overtake a lorry and insisted he had not been racing with Bolger.

Osborne, who has now sold his motorbike and travels to work on a bicycle, told the court: "I would just like to say I am deeply sorry for my actions and I regret them fully."

Defending Bolger, Nicholas Devine said his client was a family man and that the case and associated media coverage had been a "traumatic ordeal" for him.

Mr Devine said Bolger had also sold his motorbike. [/url]

gis
07-16-2003, 06:51 PM
dang thats a shame.

here in the UK they are very strict on speeding.giv u an example.

friend of mine 3 weeks ago,got stopped doin 55 in a 40 zone,he got £60 and 3 points on his license.

Anonymous
07-16-2003, 07:45 PM
FUCK !!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!

I'd go buy a assult rifle and go on a shooting spree to show how remorseful I was..... dam judge musta had a bad gerbil up his ass!!!!

nothing like justice making an example out of you to make a person snap....

***************************CAUTION!! below this line is all SPAM!!******************************

#1 Official Spammer Too !!!!:smilecolros: :n00b: :x-mas: :rofl: :onfire: :rainbowafro: :popcorn: :flasingsmile: :vamp: :black: :drinking: :agrue: :rocol: :splat: :olympic: :P :bday: 0X :lol: :x-mas: :shocked!: :rofl: :squarewink: :lol!: :angel: :rofl::smilecolros: :n00b: :x-mas: :rofl: :onfire: :rainbowafro: :popcorn: :flasingsmile: :vamp: :black: :drinking: :agrue: :rocol: :splat: :olympic: :P :bday: 0X :lol: :x-mas: :shocked!: :rofl: :squarewink: :lol!: :angel: :rofl::smilecolros: :n00b: :x-mas: :rofl: :onfire: :rainbowafro: :popcorn: :flasingsmile: :vamp: :black: :drinking: :agrue: :rocol: :splat: :olympic: :P :bday: 0X :lol: :x-mas: :shocked!: :rofl: :squarewink: :lol!: :angel: :rofl::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smilecolros: :n00b: :x-mas: :rofl: :onfire: :rainbowafro: :popcorn: :flasingsmile: :vamp: :black: :drinking: :agrue: :rocol: :splat: :olympic: :P :bday: 0X :lol: :x-mas: :shocked!: :rofl: :squarewink: :lol!: :angel: :rofl::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smilecolros: :n00b: :x-mas: :rofl: :onfire: :rainbowafro: :popcorn: :flasingsmile: :vamp: :black: :drinking: :agrue: :rocol: :splat: :olympic: :P :bday: 0X :lol: :x-mas: :shocked!: :rofl: :squarewink: :lol!: :angel: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :smilecolros: :n00b: :x-mas: :rofl: :onfire: :rainbowafro: :popcorn: :flasingsmile: :vamp: :black: :drinking: :agrue: :rocol: :splat: :olympic: :P :bday: 0X :lol: :x-mas: :shocked!: :rofl: :squarewink: :lol!: :angel: :rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHAAH thats Classic !!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :multi: :smilecolros: :n00b: :x-mas: :rofl: :onfire: :rainbowafro: :popcorn: :flasingsmile: :vamp: :black: :drinking: :agrue: :rocol: :splat: :olympic: :P :bday: 0X :lol: :x-mas: :shocked!: :rofl: :squarewink: :lol!: :angel: :rofl:[/

maalox
07-16-2003, 08:54 PM
FUCK !!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!

I'd go buy a assult rifle and go on a shooting spree to show how remorseful I was..... dam judge musta had a bad gerbil up his ass!!!!

nothing like justice making an example out of you to make a person snap....

I don't think they're really being made an example of. They were going rediculously fast--they obviously knew what they were doing. And there's no way they would've been able to respond or even react if something went wrong. So really they were endangering more than themselves by pulling something like that.

Admittedly, jail time doesn't really seem to be an effective punishment. I mean they've already lost the ability to ride for a long time. But two weeks is like a vacation almost LOL. I don't think it merits a shooting spree. Hopefully they'll learn to take it to a track if they need to go that fast.

Anonymous
07-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Ban maalox.... he doesn't belong in here!!!! :P :P

a vacation.... lets see you survive even one day in prison sonny boy......

crochico
07-17-2003, 12:18 AM
definetly, i wouldn't want to spend one night in prison.. and for doing 157mph, that was undeserved, and if he was going to get into a collision, i'm sure the only casualty would be him.. if i had the bike, and a stretch of road, i'm sure i'd be cracking that throtle open.. you don't buy a bike to wax and polish it all day :lol:

Anonymous
07-17-2003, 01:19 AM
Dont fool your self.... bikes can kill others... I once witnessed a kawasxaki zx-11 nearly cut a toyota corolla in half and kill 2 people inside it... but still prison?? dam thats lame

noosee
07-17-2003, 03:04 AM
If you want to speed on the normal road go to RUSSIA.
Moscow or St. Petersburg are the best :) roads are good in those sities.
Example: maximum bill you can get is 300 rubles - it is 10 $ for 50+ km/h speeding or crosiing doble lanes or red light :)
They can take your licence for that but :) you can always offer 200 R to police officer and he will let you go.

I saw 7 ser BMW goung on the red light full speed in center of town and people were just jumping on the sides .

Things like Get away in Stockholm happening everyday out there :)

novass
07-17-2003, 06:25 AM
i thinks Krazy is loosin it LOL i cant believe how many smileys you put there, i thought i was trippin, seein quadruple

possessed_beaver
07-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Dont fool your self.... bikes can kill others... I once witnessed a kawasxaki zx-11 nearly cut a toyota corolla in half and kill 2 people inside it... but still prison?? dam thats lame

personaly i find that very hard to believe man!!!!
but fuck!
the poilice are fucked.. anyway
damn

SDK2003
07-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Here in the UK the Police are clamping down on speeding more than ever.

Someone doing 40mph in a 30mph zone gets a higher punishment than someone driving without a license, without insurance and without an MOT.

I could lose my license on 1 stretch of road doing 38mph in 30mph zone :roll:

Currently the Transport Policies in the UK really, really suck

gis
07-17-2003, 10:56 AM
i know exactly what u mean SDK.speed cameras are everywere here now arent they

666fast
07-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Prison is a bit harsh, but he knew what he was doing. If it were my choice, he would get a very large fine and he wouldn't drive again, bike or car.
I've done my fair share of high speeds on highways and luckily I never got caught. I won't ever do it again, not on public roads. If I crashed and killed myself, my fault. But if I were to kill someone else, It would be a different story.
I'm not gonna say anything to anyone that does it, it's their choice.