PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2008

System
11-08-2007, 11:06 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/dani_d_mas/photos/SubaruImprezaWRXSTi2008.jpg http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc669/th_34489_Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STi_2008_122_669lo.jpg (http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=34489_Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STi_2008_12 2_669lo.jpg)

sameerrao
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Goddamn ugly car. Yuck!

Skaala
11-08-2007, 11:34 AM
seriously uncool

"I want my blue rally car" - TN

pagani
11-08-2007, 12:09 PM
It looks good subzero for me.
8) :D

harryo2b
11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
A lot better in WRC trim when seen in person :mrgreen:

Svensson
11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Ugh.. I'm sure this thing goes better and is even faster than the old model, but this pimped out hatchback style just doesn't work for me.

Uncool.

regele
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Uncool

Svensson
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
^ It's definately better looking than the WRX and the normal versions, but still.. I think a lot of long-term Impreza owners will be very disappointed by this.
Oh well... different people, different tastes. :P

acmarttin
11-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I was on the fence cool/uncool, but I voted uncool. I think it will be able to pass the torch to a cooler successor. With 2 less doors. Front or back - doesn't matter. :D

racer_f50
11-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Regardless of our opinions on the styling, the car is still an STi. As such, it's the closest thing Subaru makes to a road-going rally car. Therefore it is cool.

obdr
11-08-2007, 09:16 PM
ok, now this is just getting sad. I was seriously disgusted when I first saw the new impreza. It went beyond my worst nightmares. Subaru turned it into a Toyota Camry/ Honda Accord lookalike with a stupidly huge front scoop that doesnt fit at all with the rest of the car. Hell, my dads 07 Honda Civic looks WAY sleeker and much much more modern (not to mention it looks more expensive then it is).

Boring people will hate it because of the big hood scoop and old WRX fans will hate it because the rest of the car looks more bland then a Camry for christs sake!!!!! What they have done is make a car for NOBODY instead of a car for a few dedicated petrolhead freaks like the old WRX was.

BIG MISTAKE SUBARU

I was hoping Subaru would fix thier massive mistake ounce the WRX Sti came out. I thought, through some minor miracle, they could take that POS impreza and make a nice looking Sti out of it. I was wrong.

This WRX Sti is only slightly better looking then the Impreza. Where is the ultra aggresive styling??? Where are the buling muscular wheel arches?? Where is the massive intercooler??? Where is the aggressive boxy look??? Where are the 4 doors??? Where the hell did all the blue go???

Subaru.....you have failed and you deserve to fail. Say goodbye to all the rally fans that bought WRX's over the years.

Mitsubishi: Enjoy all the former Subaru customers who will now be showing up with checkbooks open for the Evo!! Thanx for not forgetting what your fanbase really wants!!

obdr
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
it looks like a Ford Focus.......but worse.

The next Ford Focus RS (shamefully not coming to the US) will blast the doors off this WRX...and look much better doing it too!!!!

I don't see the appeal of hot hatches at all anyway. They just look so.....girly.

I think I must wonder at the appeal of hot hatches in the same way Europeans must wonder at why we Americans drive so many pick-up trucks. Sure, both have their obvious utility.....but.....they just don't exactly fit within the others culture now do they???

Sure you can see the odd Briton with a Ford F350 super duty and you see the odd American with a VW Golf R32......but the reality is that these people are statistical outliers within thier respective cultures. :)

Pokiou
11-08-2007, 10:01 PM
when people say WRX.. they think of this.:

http://is-mad.com/upload/userfiles/pokiou/wrxy.jpg

04RCSTI
11-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I have had an 04 STI and now I have an 06 STI. I have to say this is going to be for sure my last STI if they keep the hatch thing going. Its so ugly, civic hatch look. It might be faster and handle even better but theres things I cant look past.

Bad move subaru to get rid of the classic shape, STI owners are going tp feel betrayed for sure, just like I do now. As Clarkson would say "utter rubish" Its good that they are trying to innovate a bit but Im not sure what they tried to go for here.

Better for rally? Probably, but im not buying another one.

chest3r
11-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Uncool!!

The base car is damn ugly and these STi versions are always ricers cars :P Ok it looks aggressive but I rather a more refined looks.

spanky
11-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Im giving it uncool as well. The STi is definitely better looking than the standard WRX but it just doesnt seem to have its own identidy. The WRX seems to look more like a few existing cars, rather than something new.

My two bobs :?

Nice car Pokiou

Faultier
11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
uncool as hell :-(

look what they have done to the styling. It always looked so cool and now it looks like a Kia oder Hyundai :crying:

SilviaEvo
11-18-2007, 09:54 PM
fugly enough said. i cant look past it. its so damn ugly. specially the rear

frenky12
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
why????? make them stop. what a f... are they doing?? first was the subaru justy and now impreza. but the legacy and old impreza are so nice :crying:

pilotvtm
01-14-2008, 04:22 PM
i hate the new look of impreza
in my opinion the best subaru whas Impreza B22 an WRX WR1

freddiefish
01-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Once you're used to the looks it's very nice, just like the 2 models before this one.

formulastig
05-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Subarus were never things of beauty, as a WRX owner I can say that. They were cheap performance bargains though. Now with the new STI for over $36,500 at my local dealer, they are no longer a bargain. As much as I'd like the car, I won't buy it at that price even though I can afford it.